Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So, are we going to move Duchene to Nashville over the next few days in order to up the pressure on the Jets to offer us something reasonable for Stone?

If it's true that Tolvanen's name is out there as a player Nashville would move, and we manage to get him and a 1st along with another conditional pick based on Duchene re-signing, that's probably a home run for a rental, even if it pales in comparison to what we gave up for Duchene.
Ya at this point if you can get tolvanen or fabbro then you accept cause it isn't gonna get any better . I doubt Nashville is that eager to move those pieces though

Reactions: SensFactor

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I mean, what else are they going to say, teams are going to know he's available regardless

Yeah, it seems there’s some people who are confused between hockey fans speculation and what actually goes on behind the scenes. What fans and even media think doesn’t matter to teams management.

GMs have a lot more « real information » than we do, and even then it’s hard to know what’s fact, rumor or speculation

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So, are we going to move Duchene to Nashville over the next few days in order to up the pressure on the Jets to offer us something reasonable for Stone?

If it's true that Tolvanen's name is out there as a player Nashville would move, and we manage to get him and a 1st along with another conditional pick based on Duchene re-signing, that's probably a home run for a rental, even if it pales in comparison to what we gave up for Duchene.

I don’t know. I mean yes, now that the Sens 1st became much more valuable but initially, it was similar :

Turris vs Tolvanen
1st vs 1st
Bowers vs 2nd (conditional 1st)
3rd vs nothing?
nothing vs X games of Duchene (that is absolutely worth something, regardless of what the team did)

Turris will be 30 y/o this summer and has 5 years left at 6.0; he has 18 pts in 36 games this year. He might already be on the decline.

We know that teams have a hard time nowadays disposing a top prospect for a veteran (like Dallas preferring to lose on the Karlsson sweepstakes rather than lose Heiskanen), so what do you think is the better piece going forward? Turris or Tolvanen?

If you ignore where the picks will be slotted in the rounds, do you prefer

Turris + Bowers + 3rd

or

Tolvanen + 2nd (conditional 1st)

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I guess. I just thought 30M is still good money and should a career ending injury happens they would still be setup.

I figured it would give both sides a chance to see where the team goes and the players could leave at that time and still go to market. Basically a show me contract to the team, who would over pay for a shorter contract. But I figured it is a slim chance!

Yea unfortunately there's just no reason for them to do it. It's a business in the end, and neither player owes the Sens anything at this point.

They'd for sure be setup with 30m, but salary is all relative. Why go for 30m when you can wait a few months and get 70m? It's the same with our middle class salaries. I sure as hell wouldn't be locking myself into 2-3 year term when I could wait a few months and lock myself into double the amount.

Reactions: coladin

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don’t know. I mean yes, now that the Sens 1st became much more valuable but initially, it was similar :

Turris vs Tolvanen
1st vs 1st
Bowers vs 2nd (conditional 1st)
3rd vs nothing?
nothing vs X games of Duchene (that is absolutely worth something, regardless of what the team did)

Turris will be 30 y/o this summer and has 5 years left at 6.0; he has 18 pts in 36 games this year. He might already be on the decline.

We know that teams have a hard time nowadays disposing a top prospect for a veteran (like Dallas preferring to lose on the Karlsson sweepstakes rather than lose Heiskanen), so what do you think is the better piece going forward? Turris or Tolvanen?

If you ignore where the picks will be slotted in the rounds, do you prefer

Turris + Bowers + 3rd

or

Tolvanen + 2nd (conditional 1st)

I'm talking about right now. I am not talking about the context of the trade at the time.

Context might justify certain past moves, but it doesn't change what a team has given up in today.

There's zero chance we get back anything close to Turris' value in a different trade, a probably top 4 pick in the upcoming draft, Shane Bowers, and a high 3rd round pick. That's what I was getting at.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can Dorion negotiates with them simultaneously. It’s like “sens now letting teams know duchene is available, are now re engaging with stone”. Like wtf lol

Reactions: Vprime

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dont see the Jets pay the price for Stone/Duchene
Have a feeling the jets are targeting Dzingel !!
Lets say Dzingel+Pajaarvi for Jets 1st + Appelton or so
Yeah after viewing just what a dominant, explosive, dynamic player roslovic is last night I understand why they don’t want to let in go lmao

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm talking about right now. I am not talking about the context of the trade at the time.

Context might justify certain past moves, but it doesn't change what a team has given up in today.

There's zero chance we get back anything close to Turris' value in a different trade, a probably top 4 pick in the upcoming draft, Shane Bowers, and a high 3rd round pick. That's what I was getting at.

If you’re going to change the value of the pic from the time it was traded to now, then you have to change the value of Turris from then to now, and then change the value of Duchene from then to now.

Turris is basically a none factor at this point, his production versus salary is terrible. Hopefully next year he can find his game.

A ppg top line centre on pace to score over 30 goals is pretty close to fair value for a high lottery pic, and definitely worth it depending on who you ask (Hughes is not a Crosby level prospect). Teams that are looking to win at this very moment may look to make that trade value-wise.

A player from this upcoming draft would have to beat the regular NHL odds to be as productive as MD has been over the last 100 games. Some around here treat them as though they are sure fire stars, and yet we see guys flame out or fail to meet expectations every single year.

It sucks that it looks like we’ll lose MD, but froma value point that trade was a homerun for us, and is still solid today. Not being able to keep him means we’ll end up being on the Colorado side of the deal this year unfortunately. Maybe we’ll win the lottery and whatever team makes the trade will explicable bottom out the following year like we did.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It is funny how CBC opened the door a crack about Duchene, and by the next intermission It was fait accompli. They played us all at the trade deadline last year. Looks like Groundhog Day around here.

They can all very well be traded, but one thing i think most can agree on is no one really knows, especially "The Insiders". No one is really leaking anything substantive, and it seems only when a tree is imminent that the insiders say something, like 6 hours before it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flamingo

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It is funny how CBC opened the door a crack about Duchene, and by the next intermission It was fait accompli. They played us all at the trade deadline lat year. Looks like Groundhog Day around here.

They can all very well be traded, but one thing i think most can agree on is no one really knows, especially "The Insiders". No one is really leaking anything substantive, and it seems only when a tree is imminent that the insiders say something, like 6 hours before it happens.
Are you saying they have zero grounds for stone and duchene trade speculation?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

$6 million on Turris could be spent elsewhere and the late first round pick /player could be flipped in a few years for something while Turris will have (or already has ) negative trade value. I’d rather get a 2nd than Turris.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It is funny how CBC opened the door a crack about Duchene, and by the next intermission It was fait accompli. They played us all at the trade deadline lat year. Looks like Groundhog Day around here.

Reverting back to the "Fake News" takes, times are desperate I guess. The Karlsson speculation turned out to be true BTW.

Reactions: Bean Drown

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
can we just trade this weaseI duchane aIready? he has reaIIy gotten on my nerves past few weeks with his fake attitude about Ioving Ottawa and maybe resigning... he Never had the intent to resign and just pIaying with the fanbase to protect his image good riddance.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
can we just trade this weaseI duchane aIready? he has reaIIy gotten on my nerves past few weeks with his fake attitude about Ioving Ottawa and maybe resigning... he Never had the intent to resign and just pIaying with the fanbase to protect his image good riddance.
Guess what? Melnyk and Dorion never had the intention of re-signing him either. These blame the players takes are a little much. The owner is the one with the track record of running players out of Ottawa.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad