Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
giphy.gif

shake-and-bake-gif-4.gif

Reactions: BigRig4

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
The question I have is...what happens when Ottawa starts pulling off a small profit? I mean since fans aren't going to games anymore (rightfully so) it's going to be a while...but does Melnyk spend it on the team or pocket it? Guessing the latter.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
The question I have is...what happens when Ottawa starts pulling off a small profit? I mean since fans aren't going to games anymore (rightfully so) it's going to be a while...but does Melnyk spend it on the team or pocket it? Guessing the latter.
I don't understand why he doesn't just sell the team? Bettman won't let him move the team, the city hates him, the players hate him, he's losing money out the nose, he's being counter sued on the Lebreton fiasco and yet he holds on to the team with a death grip.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018

did we even make a profit Iast season?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't understand why he doesn't just sell the team? Bettman won't let him move the team, the city hates him, the players hate him, he's losing money out the nose, he's being counter sued on the Lebreton fiasco and yet he holds on to the team with a death grip.
To wring the any and all value out of a potential sale....He will not put a dime into this team ,and will look to continue to cut until he sells

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It's an appreciating asset even with the losses. He's here for that and nothing else. Essentially he's growing his wealth even with treating this team like his inbred, one eyed, bastard child. One day he may cash out, but only when he's done milking it for every penny possible.

Oct 10, 2010
Just get it over with Duchene isn't worth signing 8 years chances are Stone won't be either

our owner and GM are idiots but when it's all said and done we'll likely avoid a bad deal long-term.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Just get it over with Duchene isn't worth signing 8 years chances are Stone won't be either

our owner and GM are idiots but when it's all said and done we'll likely avoid a bad deal long-term.
TBH they are all bad deals,you pay anyone to play in a professional full contact league...You likely arent going to win in the long run....But to have a winning profitable team you have to do this ....

Oct 10, 2010
TBH they are all bad deals,you pay anyone to play in a professional full contact league...You likely arent going to win in the long run....But to have a winning profitable team you have to do this ....
They really need to fix the contract terms next CBA 5 years max each contract. 8 years is only good for the player it could kill a small market team in the long run. Need to save foolish gms from themselves.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You mean after the pr nightmares where they were trying anything to fix it.

That's right I said nightmares
However you wish to put it. Sure doesn't look entitled is my point. All the freebies over a decade past point to that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah Jets + Isle fans are pretty annoying to have chats with.
"Take my garbage for your top line players"
Blues and lightning fans are by far the worst. And I’m pretty sure every other fan base in HFB knows it by now.

I actually haven’t minded some of the offers lately from other fanbases. But blues and lightning. I mean. They both think every single one of their prospects is a sure fire juggernaut and it’s always “prospect X is a mix between superstar Y and superstar Z”. Blues fans thought Berglund and a 2nd was gonna bring them essentially every superstar to ever hit market.

Reactions: DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad