Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Guess what? Melnyk and Dorion never had the intention of re-signing him either. These blame the players takes are a little much. The owner is the one with the track record of running players out of Ottawa.

meInyk is terribIe I agree but duchane is just as bad here.. he whined his way out of coIorado.. then trys to pIay Ottawa fans with the oh I Iovve it here we working on contract bs... he was never going to stay anywhere there was rebuiId

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Team that got screwed by it's previous top line C would like another top line C....

I don't do Twitter so all I ever see from Pagnotta is what people post on here but he sounds like a complete tool.
Does your first paragraph imply that they should never acquire or even have another first line C on their team again?

Pagnotta came in big last year. When he first broke the karlsson news he was called a lie by some here.

Reactions: Duncstar

Bejamin1

Feb 2, 2019
I don't really see the point of pretending this is a rebuild. Trade away all our elite players for a bag of magic beans we hope one day become half as good as the players we already have? It doesn't make sense from a talent management perspective and it certainly isn't worth getting excited about. You should all prepare yourselves for completely underwhelming returns that make you want to vomit.

This is all about money. Eugene is slashing the player budget, exactly as he promised he would. He already cut hockey operations to the bone, now he's following through on his threat and doing the same with player salary. Alfie was first to be cut to save cash, then it was Spezza, then Karlsson... and so on. Even the fact that Karlsson was a merch selling beast wasn't enough to convince ownership to pay our players what they are worth to keep them.

This has the distinct smell of Eugene clearing the decks for new ownership to pay a big price to obtain a team with an established fan base, loads of prospects, and some great drafted talent already in the pipeline and on the team. It's like Vegas on steroids to some degree. It may even be what the new ownership group is asking for. They'll take none of the blame for the trades nor for not being competitive for 4-5 years, and they'll get set up with a great start line position. Hard as hell for us fans, but a good fresh start for an incoming buyer that's for sure.

Reactions: NB613 and Gesus

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This has the distinct smell of Eugene clearing the decks for new ownership to pay a big price to obtain a team with an established fan base, loads of prospects, and some great drafted talent already in the pipeline and on the team. It's like Vegas on steroids to some degree. It may even be what the new ownership group is asking for. They'll take none of the blame for the trades nor for not being competitive for 4-5 years, and they'll get set up with a great start line position. Hard as hell for us fans, but a good fresh start for an incoming buyer that's for sure.

If this is true, its kind of the best case scenario wouldn't you say?

Reactions: Gesus

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I don't really see the point of pretending this is a rebuild. Trade away all our elite players for a bag of magic beans we hope one day become half as good as the players we already have? It doesn't make sense from a talent management perspective and it certainly isn't worth getting excited about. You should all prepare yourselves for completely underwhelming returns that make you want to vomit.

This is all about money. Eugene is slashing the player budget, exactly as he promised he would. He already cut hockey operations to the bone, now he's following through on his threat and doing the same with player salary. Alfie was first to be cut to save cash, then it was Spezza, then Karlsson... and so on. Even the fact that Karlsson was a merch selling beast wasn't enough to convince ownership to pay our players what they are worth to keep them.

I'm not sure what's stranger about this post, the comparison of Ottawa as a Vegas on steroids, or the possibility of a buyer requesting Eugene run the team this way before they close a deal.

If you're a new owner you probably want to have your new GM determine the fate of Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, Dzingle yourself instead of trusting Mr. Fish himself Pierre Dorion.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The Islanders got Lou and Trotz to convince Tavares to sign. Of course they are going to inquire about Duchene.
Well I mean, of course a lot of teams are going to inquire about duchene? Someone can literally say any team and there would be a good excuse for inquiring about him. He’s really good at hockey.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you can get Dobson, even if it's just him for a signed Duchene, do that.

I'd take Dobson above all we got for Karlsson. He's going to be a 25 minute a night guy who is able to play the #1pp and #1PK.

He's the best overall D I've seen in the Q since I've been involved and watching that level of hockey. He's a machine, he'll be a 6-4, 210 pound guy that skates like the wind and is the smartest player on the ice. I highly doubt he's on the table whatsoever.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
One day, Melnyk will sell the team, the problem is when? Of course, the sooner the better but no choice to stay patient and wait for it. In the meanwhile, the best scenario would be a partner who will eventually become the only owner. Melnyk wants to have the best ROI as possible; my hypothesis is that he is in the process of a financial purge to fix his cash flow problem while paying the debt; and by the time it’s fixed, Lebreton will be on it’s way to happen. It’s a business financial straightening. In many type of businesses it wouldn’t matter but in this case, there’s the us the fans, who are not currently a priority
I hope you're right.

There is no hope as long as Melnyk owns the team. It really is that simple.

Reactions: Xspyrit and Cosmix

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's undoubtedly wishful thinking to think that Dobson is on the table, but if there's any team that could afford to trade a young potential stud RD it's the Isles.

They already have Pulock, Boychuk and Mayfield at the NHL level, and with Wilde's breakout season, maybe they consider trading Dobson in the right deal.

I'd add to Duchene to get Dobson. He'd be the perfect partner for Chabot.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
It's undoubtedly wishful thinking to think that Dobson is on the table, but if there's any team that could afford to trade a young potential stud RD it's the Isles.

They already have Pulock, Boychuk and Mayfield at the NHL level, and with Wilde's breakout season, maybe they consider trading Dobson in the right deal.

I'd add to Duchene to get Dobson. He'd be the perfect partner for Chabot.
I too would be ready to add to Duchene to get Dobson haha

Dobson for Duchene straight up is good value for both team in nornal circonstance, i believe.

But since we are at the end of the year and Duchene is not sign.. i don't think it will happen. Unless Duchene is ready to sign an extension with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad