Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Seriously, how can everyone on the Avs team looks like they can all skate, pass, shoot and hit.
Miles Wood was never that fast or with this type of finishing.
Manson never can skate like this or make a pass(throughout the game) with the Ducks.

Maybe it is the Mack's diet.

Wood was shot out of a cannon there, blowing by Heiskanen. Great goal

Colorado overcomes bad goaltending in the first period. Leafs goalies allow 1 goal and it's the end of the world because they can't score.
Someone kept saying it is the momentum of the game....whenever a goalie let in a weak goal, the forwards just can't score anymore bc they lose the momentum.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Seriously, how can everyone on the Avs team looks like they can all skate, pass, shoot and hit.
Miles Wood was never that fast or with this type of finishing.
Manson never can skate like this or make a pass(throughout the game) with the Ducks.

Maybe it is the Mack's diet.

Someone kept saying it is the momentum of the game....whenever a goalie let in a weak goal, the forwards just can't score anymore bc they lose the momentum.
I'm sure being in high altitude most of the year also helps. Avs team is insanely fast and fit

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Wood was shot out of a cannon there, blowing by Heiskanen. Great goal

Colorado overcomes bad goaltending in the first period. Leafs goalies allow 1 goal and it's the end of the world because they can't score.
Colorado also seemed to have no problem against one of the best goalies in the league last series as well. You would think they would have been goalied. Oh well. Refs must of helped them.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I don't like Marners grit, but that wraparound is a shitty way to show it.
It's just one of many examples in this series where he wasn't ready to make the physical sacrifice to make the play. He could have scored there but chose to stay on the perimeter to avoid a potential hit. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Reactions: saffronleaf

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
Still can't figure out how they lost to Seattle in the first round last year.

Fatigue I guess

They basically replaced the entire bottom 9 since last year. Once Nichushkin disappeared they had zero forwards other than Mack/Rantanen/Lehkonen.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
My takeaway from that voting is that Matthews exceeded expectations and had a very rare historic season scoring 69 goals, while McDavid didn't meet expectations by not winning the Art Ross and finishing 3rd (as crazy as that sounds when you put up 130+ points), even with him hitting 100 assists.

Don't see any downfall in that voting. Either way, they'd finish 3rd anyways because the other two are more deserving and I'm sure their peers recognized as such.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I was just reading some.

Apparantly the Writers Association is dumb, the players are dumb. Only HF posters know who is deserving of nomination
It's hard to understand PHWA and the voting criteria though. IMO Lemieux should've won Hart in 89 and Iginla should have won in 02. (Iginla did win the Pearson in 02 but Lemieux didn't in 89.)

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It's hard to understand PHWA and the voting criteria though. IMO Lemieux should've won Hart in 89 and Iginla should have won in 02. (Iginla did win the Pearson in 02 but Lemieux didn't in 89.)
Yes.

I have questioned some of their choices as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad