Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
To be fair to MAK, most Oil fans seem to think Petry is the best dman on the Oilers.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Anderson and greening would be enough to nab Yakupov, if this was draft day then you might throw in Ceci. But why go after another forward at the expense of our already dwindling D corps?

IMO, I just don't see Yakupov's value, especially since he has been benched for poor play.

If Anderson was locked up for another 5 years maybe, but given that he's a ufa the season after next and the Oilers aren't known for keeping big name players I think they'd want more, a lot more.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
To be fair to MAK, most Oil fans seem to think Petry is the best dman on the Oilers.

He is most certainly the best all-around D on the Oilers, but that really isn't hard when your are competing against the likes he is.

Schultz is easily the best Offensive D, but is lost in his own end at this point.

Smid is easily the best Defensive D, but has absolutely no offense to his game.

From their board:

"IMO Petry. Problem is he's so inconsistent and kind of lacks hockey sense a bit. Not that he's dumb, it's just consistency issues really."

Petry would be the 4-6 D man here. And he will likely slide down the depth chart with the progression of Cowen, Wiercoich, and hopefully Ceciin a year or two.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Nope, if they are giving up the 2012 1st overall, they want Lehner involved in a package.

yup i'd think so and a better forward than greening.

IMO i think the oils would be expecting something around

to Ottawa :

Yakupov , Dubnyk

to Edmonton:

Lehner Zibanejad

something centered around that not sure but i think thats around what it would take to pluck pout a winger like yakupov.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
yup i'd think so and a better forward than greening.

IMO i think the oils would be expecting something around

to Ottawa :

Yakupov , Dubnyk

to Edmonton:

Lehner Zibanejad

something centered around that not sure but i think thats around what it would take to pluck pout a winger like yakupov.

And thats ugly, I would possibly do Anderson, Zibby.

You never ever ever ever trade a goalie like Lehner tho.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
How about not trading either goalie so we can actually win games when someone's hurt?
This board is so ridiculous when it comes to goaltenders considering how traditionally weak we've been at that position.

You pretty much need a 1a/1b these days. Thomas was only good because of Rask. Halak and Elliott, even Crawford and Emery... Quick and Bernier is probably the only lopsided example of having a clear 1 in recent years and even then Bernier the entire time was considered capable of being a #1.

The list goes on.

Teams that have to rely on a goalie to play 70 games and the entire playoffs tend to sputter out early.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
How about not trading either goalie so we can actually win games when someone's hurt?
This board is so ridiculous when it comes to goaltenders considering how traditionally weak we've been at that position.

You pretty much need a 1a/1b these days. Thomas was only good because of Rask. Halak and Elliott, even Crawford and Emery... Quick and Bernier is probably the only lopsided example of having a clear 1 in recent years and even then Bernier the entire time was considered capable of being a #1.
Agreed.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The last thing this team needs is another Russian hockey player, have we not learned anything from the past? They are a flight risk, they seem to always hold out for more money & they don't perform in the playoffs. Why risk it especially when people here are giving away so much for such a risky player? Just have some patience & let our young guys get the experience they need & trade for someone who is affordable & available like a Tomas Fleischmman who could fit into our top six & maybe only cost a 2nd or da Costa & Condra. I'd rather see BM call up a player every week until they get a guy who sticks.

There is no need to give away our best prospects for risky players, we gave way too much away for Ryan, Silfverberg alone seems to be matching his point production so far. We also should not be trading away Anderson who knows how long Lehner can keep this up. Having an experienced goaltender around to help smooth out the tough spots will be essential for the team especially come playoff time.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa

The list goes on.

Teams that have to rely on a goalie to play 70 games and the entire playoffs tend to sputter out early.

Will Anderson be content not being a #1 here. Where is Bernier now, where is Schneider now, Thomas etc? Anderson will not settle for a 1B or #2 goalie and Ottawa is the not the Bruins or the Hawks or the Kings in regards to being ready to make a run at the cup. We need other quality pieces moreso than we need a 1A and 1B goalie tandem.

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
So our problem is giving up the most shots in the league and our overall poor defensive play, and the answer here is to acquire a player that is benched because of poor defensive play. I find this whole thread rather humorous. :shakehead

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
So our problem is giving up the most shots in the league and our overall poor defensive play, and the answer here is to acquire a player that is benched because of poor defensive play. I find this whole thread rather humorous. :shakehead

It's a trade proposal thread. Imagine for a minute that not everyone on earth thinks exactly as you would have them think. Mind blowing I know.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
The last thing this team needs is another Russian hockey player, have we not learned anything from the past? They are a flight risk, they seem to always hold out for more money & they don't perform in the playoffs. Why risk it especially when people here are giving away so much for such a risky player? Just have some patience & let our young guys get the experience they need & trade for someone who is affordable & available like a Tomas Fleischmman who could fit into our top six & maybe only cost a 2nd or da Costa & Condra. I'd rather see BM call up a player every week until they get a guy who sticks.

There is no need to give away our best prospects for risky players, we gave way too much away for Ryan, Silfverberg alone seems to be matching his point production so far. We also should not be trading away Anderson who knows how long Lehner can keep this up. Having an experienced goaltender around to help smooth out the tough spots will be essential for the team especially come playoff time.

For god's sake someone call BM and TELL HIM to trade for Fleischmann so Aragorn will STOP !!!:help:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Actually I remembered on draft day if EDM didn't draft Yakupov Murray was talking with CBJ to try and get #2 OA, pretty sure he likes Nail, as we all do. I'd trade for him any day of the week what a stud he is. Misused on a 3rd line grinder role. He would be on our 1st or even 2nd line here! but I really don't know what they would like, probably Lehner and I would never trade him, Andy on the other hand I would!

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Gives up over 50 shots in consecutive games, response is to trade our number 1 for a forward who was just a healthy scratch.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Gives up over 50 shots in consecutive games, response is to trade our number 1 for a forward who was just a healthy scratch.

The idea is to upgrade the team, I don't think we get worse by trading Anderson IF, big IF, Yakupov is available... Lehner is ready, it's clear. The question is if Murray is ready to deal Anderson and have an awful 2nd G. We need more help in our top 6 and Yakupov is a top 6 guy, offense dynamo, who is played badly on a 3rd line, IMO

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Exactly, if he is so ****ing good why isn't he playing on Edmonton's top line instead of being scratched when Edmonton is suppose to be a worse team than Ottawa? :shakehead Makes no sense, if they will take Da Costa or Filatov fine but that would be it for another flight risk.

Note: How is Yakopov better than Fleischmann? Has he had a 50 pt season in the NHL yet? Let me know when he does ... that is if he doesn't screw off to the KHL.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I myself find acquiring Yakupov very intriguing, but the threat of going to Russia ultimately makes me too wary.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Exactly, if he is so ****ing good why isn't he playing on Edmonton's top line instead of being scratched when Edmonton is suppose to be a worse team than Ottawa? :shakehead Makes no sense, if they will take Da Costa or Filatov fine but that would be it for another flight risk.

To be fair it doesn't matter if EDM is worse than us, their top 6 is stacked, ours isn't. They are bad because they can't play defense and have a swiss cheese in net. Yakupov is not the problem the problem is that he's used on a 3rd line with ****ing Gordon

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
To be fair it doesn't matter if EDM is worse than us, their top 6 is stacked, ours isn't. They are bad because they can't play defense and have a swiss cheese in net. Yakupov is not the problem the problem is that he's used on a 3rd line with ****ing Gordon

Until he learns to play good defense he won't be playing top six. That said he will learn and he will become a great player. They would get a huge return if he went on the market. Anderson no Lehner yup !!! While he is a gifted player we require an experienced top 4 defensemen in a bad way. Anderson May be able to bring you one.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Then why was he scratched? What happened to good players making others around them better? Maybe it's because he is a one dimensional player who only cares about his own point totals than team goals. Yakopov is definitely a problem, he's a flight risk which after trading away what some here are suggesting could set Ottawa back yrs if he doesn't work out. And who is to say whether he would mesh with Spezza & we would be adding another small soft player to this roster with already too many small soft players. BTW who would you demote from the top 6 to insert him into the lineup? I think people over estimate the value of young Russian players, I think NHL GMs are very concerned to risk any assets on them & what does it say about him after only one season that Edmonton is ready to ship him out of town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad