Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
Petry would be our 5th defenseman easily, maybe even 6th after corvo. He really isnt that good. Hes not the defenseman we need, we need a #2 to push methot down a line. Petry is a stop gap for the Oilers, cause they have nobody else right now.

You do understand if we pushed Methot down that would send Cowen to the 3rd defensive pairing. Not every player can play on there off side lie Wiercoich. Not to mention why do we need someone better than Methot? He was invited to Team Canada's Olympic training camp. I am aware he hasn't had the best start to the year but if he plays like he did last year then he is a top pairing shut down defender. Not to mention we need someone who is good defensively to play with Karlsson.

WhiteLight*

Petry plays #1 line minutes, is big, decent skater, makes a nice fist pass, good 25ish points, plays against top lines and does a very good job.

He's not a legit 1st pair guy, but he's a very solid 2nd pair guy.

You guys think don't know much about him = not good

:shakehead

Learn about hockey Benny

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Petry plays #1 line minutes, is big, decent skater, makes a nice fist pass, good 25ish points, plays against top lines and does a very good job.

He's not a legit 1st pair guy, but he's a very solid 2nd pair guy.

You guys think don't know much about him = not good

:shakehead

Learn about hockey Benny

MAK... you thought the Methot for Foligno trade was awful...

Methot > Petry

So does that mean Foligno > Anderson ???

Playing 22 minutes on Edmonton's blueline doesn't mean the guy is good. He is decent but wouldn't really improve our defense. What we need the most is time for Cowen, Wiercioch and Ceci to develop. If you guys aren't patient enough, I don't know what to say

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Anderson = half the team

right

Funny, last year in 30 thoughts Friedman said he spoke to a few GMs who 'joked' that they would give half their team up for Anderson.

P.S, your condescension:intelligence ratio is laughable. "Learn about hockey". You are a really sad man.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Funny, last year in 30 thoughts Friedman said he spoke to a few GMs who 'joked' that they would give half their team up for Anderson.

P.S, your condescension:intelligence ratio is laughable. "Learn about hockey". You are a really sad man.

Anderson is struggling, but I could say the same for a few other elite goalies around the league. Its early and I'm sure the goaltending will settle down and get better when the players in front of the goalie start to settle and feel comfortable executing the system we have.

When a goalie puts up the kind of numbers Anderson did, your damn right GMs would pay through the noise for that. My one concern is we trade away Andy too soon and Lehner is stuck over his head like Price is/was in Montreal. Keeping Halak for a season or two more would have done wonders for Prices development IMO.

WhiteLight*

MAK... you thought the Methot for Foligno trade was awful...

Methot > Petry

So does that mean Foligno > Anderson ???

Playing 22 minutes on Edmonton's blueline doesn't mean the guy is good. He is decent but wouldn't really improve our defense. What we need the most is time for Cowen, Wiercioch and Ceci to develop. If you guys aren't patient enough, I don't know what to say

It's Anderson for Petry+

Petry > Methot. Petry is definitely more skilled, and also smarter defensively.

Playing for Edmonton doesn't mean he is bad either. Yes he would improve the defense.

Said that because of his Fayne jab. Didn't start it

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Said that because of his Fayne jab. Didn't start it

Trust me, I'm not following your argument... not because you are dumb and have bad points, because you often make decent arguments. I don't read what you say because you are an ass to other posters and that instantly just makes me laugh and cringe at you. Act like an adult and maybe people won't "jab" you.

WhiteLight*

Trust me, I'm not following your argument... not because you are dumb and have bad points, because you often make decent arguments. I don't read what you say because you are an ass to other posters and that instantly just makes me laugh and cringe at you. Act like an adult and maybe people won't "jab" you.

Give an example of when I started it first. Just one. One.

People think my arguments are stupid and say things like ''Is Petry the new Fayne? :sarcasm:'' or even worse things. So sometimes I jab back and stand up for myself.

SensfaninToronto*

said this in another thread Andy and Ceci for Yak and a second or third

SensfaninToronto*

True true cancel the 3rd but if edm stays bad and we throw in a second...

SensfaninToronto*

Lol waiting for edm fan to say this trade begins with karlsson

WhiteLight*

Petry is the Oilers' best defenseman. Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but the Sens don't have 4-5 defenseman better than him. We aint that good.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I would just make the deal a bit more appealing,

Anderson, Ceci, Smith or Greening (Much rather Smith)

for

Yakupov, Labarbera

Anderson and greening would be enough to nab Yakupov, if this was draft day then you might throw in Ceci. But why go after another forward at the expense of our already dwindling D corps?

IMO, I just don't see Yakupov's value, especially since he has been benched for poor play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad