Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wonder how New Jersey fans feel after they gave Kovalchuk a bus load of money plus it cost the team two first round picks & a fine & he still left for the KHL? I wonder how Nashville fans feel after they drafted Radulov & he returned to Russian a couple of yrs afterwards. Then there is Filatov & all the other Russian players the Sens have drafted that have never come over to NA. How quickly we forget.

No kidding.

I hate to sound bias against these Russian kids, because they have amazing skills and are really fun to watch, but gutting the team for a single player who might just take his ball and go home for any reason? That could ruin the team for a decade. We also have to remember, the KHL is becoming more aggressive in trying to brings their sons home. We can not compete financially with them.

Plus, with Yak specifically, he has that hotdog reputation. Guys hate him, and officials don't give him an easy ride. Do we really need another guy ruffling the zebras when we can't buy a single %*%&$*& powerplay as it is?

If we do make a trade for a forward (and no, not giving up either goalie), it has to be for a good 2-way guy. If we make a trade for a D, it has to be someone who can fit into the 3-4 slot for the foreseeable future.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Neither Yakupov nor Fleishmann is the answer for this team. I would love to get a top 4 defensive D though that can chip in offensively. Don't know who that might be.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Neither Yakupov nor Fleishmann is the answer for this team. I would love to get a top 4 defensive D though that can chip in offensively. Don't know who that might be.

Not defensive D but I would've loved Leddy from CHI. Too bad thhey probably wont give him away for what he's actually worth

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Cowen, Wiercioch or Ceci or are you looking for an experienced top 4 defenceman who has previously had 30 to 40 pt seasons? Are there any available ... anywhere?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Any way we can pry Tallinder out of Buffalo?

Might be the kind of guy to stabilize our defense. He's UFA at the of this season and makes a reasonable 3.375 this year

Da Costa + Hoffman?

Could also be Gryba instead of Hoffman, if they don't have a lot of Defensive depth. It gives them 2 more guys who could maybe generate offense. At this point, they have to try things

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
At this point, who cares about points from a defenseman when we have Karlsson? If we do get a 3-4D, get a pure defense-first guy.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
At this point, who cares about points from a defenseman when we have Karlsson? If we do get a 3-4D, get a pure defense-first guy.

2013 Karlsson isn't playing like himself of the past couple years...usually has a slow start...wish he can gain his confidence back fast

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Cowen, Wiercioch or Ceci or are you looking for an experienced top 4 defenceman who has previously had 30 to 40 pt seasons? Are there any available ... anywhere?

Definitively not any of the 3 you mentioned. They are all lacking defensive play. I'm including Cowen in that, he's not there yet. I would love to get a shot blocking machine like Volchenkov used to be for us that can play 20+ min a game. And yeah, preferably an experienced one.

That's the thing, don't think there is one out there. At least I can't think of one.

Our defense is not balanced.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
2013 Karlsson isn't playing like himself of the past couple years...usually has a slow start...wish he can gain his confidence back fast

I really think its just EK playing out west, vs. bigger teams. He was a monster vs Buffalo, he will be fine. Im very optimistic.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I hope murray makes another 3 for 1 deal and lands another good player. I would love a power forward.

Hartnell, Simmonds, Lucic, Kane, etc

Someone that can play on the top line.

******/Spezza/Ryan
MacArthur/Turris/Michalek

Berserker*

I hope murray makes another 3 for 1 deal and lands another good player. I would love a power forward.

Hartnell, Simmonds, Lucic, Kane, etc

Someone that can play on the top line.

******/Spezza/Ryan
MacArthur/Turris/Michalek

Speaking of which

Rich Smith
‏@ALLsportsINTEL
NHL - Flyers source reporting that Couturier, Coburn, Laughton, Meszaros and Simmonds are names that are currently being shopped.

Murray has got to get on that, Simmonds would be a perfect fit on the Sens.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I want nothing to do with Yakupov, considering what the Oilers would want for him.

This quote from Yak pretty much seals the deal in my eyes:

“I’m going to play my game … I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.”

... "I really don't like skating all the time"... does that sound like a guy we want on our team?

Yak sounds like an unnecessary headache waiting to happen.

Berserker*

I want nothing to do with Yakupov, considering what the Oilers would want for him.

Well this rumored trade basically solidifies your point

Rich Smith ‏@ALLsportsINTEL 8h
Oilers reportedly would want Simmonds, Coburn and either Couturier or Laughton for Nail Yakupov and Hemsky.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Supposedly Philly is balking because they don't want to give up Simmonds.

Anyway...the Oilers are ripe right now and it wouldn't be a bad move to make a play.

Zibanejad and Anderson for Hall and Dubnyk or Eberle, Smid and Dubnyk.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Supposedly Philly is balking because they don't want to give up Simmonds.

Anyway...the Oilers are ripe right now and it wouldn't be a bad move to make a play.

Zibanejad and Anderson for Hall and Dubnyk or Eberle, Smid and Dubnyk.

First trade, Oilers won't trade Hall.

2nd: I am not trading those two for that return.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
absolutely no way murray goes after yakupov. and thank goodness he's smart like that.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Yakupov is literally everything this team mentality is against, but I would be ecstatic if we got Simmonds. I'm against moving Andy just for the ***** and giggles, but if we actually net a solid return I see no reason that Lehner would fold when he's been putting out great numbers consistently when he gets put in. Although with our history, I'm hesitant to move any goalie tbh

Lonnie Loach

Feb 2, 2004
New York, NY
Never underestimate the irrationality of a desperate general manager trying to save his job. I'd approach Holmgren about a trade centering around Gryba-Simmonds.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
If Anderson was locked up for another 5 years maybe, but given that he's a ufa the season after next and the Oilers aren't known for keeping big name players I think they'd want more, a lot more.

Edmonton = Ottawa on the UFA market?

So on our side we trade Silverberg, Noesen and a 1st for Ryan who's contract will expire at the same time as Anderson but Edmonton would ask for more?

Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad