Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalSilf*

Anderson = half the team

right

I'm referencing the 100 different trade proposals that have popped up in the last 48 hours. My point stands: that trade is awful and that shouldn't be too hard to see. I'd be shocked if more than 2% of Sens fans liked that deal.

WhiteLight*

I'm referencing the 100 different trade proposals that have popped up in the last 48 hours. My point stands: that trade is awful and that shouldn't be too hard to see. I'd be shocked if more than 2% of Sens fans liked that deal.

How is it awful. The 1st is not conditional. EDM 1st in 2014 is guaranteed. If it ends up worse than 8th, Sens get a 2nd rounder on top.

That pick could be top 5.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Keep both for this year

If Lehner proves he's a #1, trade Anderson at the draft for a top 6 forward/top 4 defenseman, or a 1st round pick

WhiteLight*

I don't understand ''trade him at the draft''. What's the point?

He'll have 1 year left on his contract, possibly have spent the year as the back-up (which is why you'd all be willing to trade him anyway), be older, etc. He'll be lucky to get a mid-2nd rounder.

If you trade him now, you can get a 1st rounder (+) from a team that may or may not make the playoffs.

Oct 10, 2010
F the picks! Seriously, we're in year 3 of the rebuild time to start adding more to the current roster.

Having said that, i wouldn't be in a rush to trade Andy.

As the season goes on teams that have crap goaltending may become more desperate and willing to give up more.

And even though Lehner looks to be the next superstar goalie, i still want to see more before trading Andy away.

Last edited:

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
We've concluded a trade with the Oil

Anderson
Smith
Gryba

for

1st rounder in 2014
conditional 2nd rounder in 2015 (if the 1st is not a top 8)
Dubnyk at $2M
Martin Gernat

Done

That's a terrible trade for us. The reason we gave up Silfverberg, Noeson, and our 1st rounder this year was so we could have a better chance at winning now. We don't want any picks or prospects. We need a top 4 defensemen and some scoring help in the top 9. 2 players from the Oilers we would value are Petry and Hemsky.

To Edmonton
Craig Anderson 3.18mill
Zack Smith 1.88mill
Eric Gryba .56
Total$ 5.62mill

To Ottawa
Jeff Petry 1.75mill
Luke Gazdic .63
Jason Labarbera 1.00mill
Ales Hemsky(with 2.5 mill held back) 2.5 mill
Total$ 5.88mill

That's my trade prospal

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That's a terrible trade for us. The reason we gave up Silfverberg, Noeson, and our 1st rounder this year was so we could have a better chance at winning now. We don't want any picks or prospects. We need a top 4 defensemen and some scoring help in the top 9. 2 players from the Oilers we would value are Petry and Hemsky.

To Edmonton
Craig Anderson 3.18mill
Zack Smith 1.88mill
Eric Gryba .56
Total$ 5.62mill

To Ottawa
Jeff Petry 1.75mill
Luke Gazdic .63
Jason Labarbera 1.00mill
Ales Hemsky(with 2.5 mill held back) 2.5 mill
Total$ 5.88mill

That's my trade prospal

i prefer the first one. although i havent really seen petry play.

WhiteLight*

And what makes you think Edmonton will accept that. Trades go both ways

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I really really want a tandem, but if we keep giving up 50 shots a game we gotta trade one of our greater assets, I hope for a top 4d and a backup in return for andy if it happens

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
And what makes you think Edmonton will accept that. Trades go both ways

Well go on over to the Edmonton board and ask how desperate they are for a goalie. If they haven't realized Dubynk isn't a number 1 goalie. How far are they going to slip before MacT makes a move. Right now they are on pace for a 5-15-5 start to the season. Do they want to let all of this unfold and just hope for the best or are they going to address the issue before it gets out of hand? Edmonton won't like the overall trade but they are getting the best player in this trade BY FAR. Anderson is a proven starting goalie that can steal games and when he is playing his best he is almost as good as Lundqvist. Outplayed Price last year. Ottawa fans know he can face 30+ shots night in and night out and keep you in the game. Last time i checked that is exactly what Edmonton needs. Not to mention this trade also helps with with there current problem at C well Ganger is injured and help them when he gets back too unless they like Will Acton as there 3rd line C. Smith is someone they have been looking for. A center with toughness that can play 3rd or 4th line and isn't afraid to drop the gloves.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
i prefer the first one. although i havent really seen petry play.

The thing that makes Petry better for us is that his cap hit is only 1.75 and he is still an RFA. N.Schultz and Smid are both in the 3 mill range and are both UFA's. Not to mention Petry is playing 20+minutes a night well Smid and N.Schultz are playing 18 and 15. Petry is also a right handed shot so he can pair up with Cowen. Overall Petry makes the most sense for us.

WhiteLight*

Well go on over to the Edmonton board and ask how desperate they are for a goalie. If they haven't realized Dubynk isn't a number 1 goalie. How far are they going to slip before MacT makes a move. Right now they are on pace for a 5-15-5 start to the season. Do they want to let all of this unfold and just hope for the best or are they going to address the issue before it gets out of hand? Edmonton won't like the overall trade but they are getting the best player in this trade BY FAR. Anderson is a proven starting goalie that can steal games and when he is playing his best he is almost as good as Lundqvist. Outplayed Price last year. Ottawa fans know he can face 30+ shots night in and night out and keep you in the game. Last time i checked that is exactly what Anderson needs. Not to mention this trade also helps with with there current problem at C well Ganger is injured and help them when he gets back too unless they like Will Acton as there 3rd line C. Smith is someone they have been looking for. A center with toughness that can play 3rd or 4th line and isn't afraid to drop the gloves.

They don't wanna give up Petry

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
The thing that makes Petry better for us is that his cap hit is only 1.75 and he is still an RFA. N.Schultz and Smid are both in the 3 mill range and are both UFA's. Not to mention Petry is playing 20+minutes a night well Smid and N.Schultz are playing 18 and 15. Petry is also a right handed shot so he can pair up with Cowen. Overall Petry makes the most sense for us.

Petry is also terrible, much rather the first one. I want at least a 1st rounder coming back for Anderson. Petry is only playing so much because hes on the Oilers.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
They don't wanna give up Petry

Petry over Anderson i guess. Who needs a starting goalie when you have a good 3-4 defensmen. They should realize what there priorities are. Considering they are willing to give up prospects and picks i would suggest after they trade away Petry in this trade they could easily get a player of his skill or better with the assets they have to trade.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
Petry is also terrible, much rather the first one. I want at least a 1st rounder coming back for Anderson. Petry is only playing so much because hes on the Oilers.

If we are going to trade away Anderson it is to help our team now. We don't need picks or prospects right now. We need a top 4 defensemen and some scoring help in the top 9.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Petry over Anderson i guess. Who needs a starting goalie when you have a good 3-4 defensmen. They should realize what there priorities are. Considering they are willing to give up prospects and picks i would suggest after they trade away Petry in this trade they could easily get a player of his skill or better with the assets they have to trade.

Petry would be our 5th defenseman easily, maybe even 6th after corvo. He really isnt that good. Hes not the defenseman we need, we need a #2 to push methot down a line. Petry is a stop gap for the Oilers, cause they have nobody else right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->