Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
These dumb threads, and what seems like the majority of the posters on this board are completely ridiculous and stupid. Our team would be 10x worse than it is now if any of you were GM.

I couldn't agree more. But the I remember that this board is for entertainment only, and the real GM, who makes the real decisions and has a very sharp hockey mind, doesn't give two ****s about what anyone here says. Then I continue to sleep well at night.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
You defer to the sharp minds that acquired Matt Kassian, and the Jack Adams winner that keeps dressing him?

Ok.

Fair enough. Clearly nobody on this board has comparable talent evaluation skills.

Clearly a lot of people are overreacting to the first 5 games of the season.

Most people said they would be happy with .500 record on this road trip and a win in Phoenix puts us exactly there.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Clearly a lot of people are overreacting to the first 5 games of the season.

Most people said they would be happy with .500 record on this road trip and a win in Phoenix puts us exactly there.

I don't think its the points. It's the way they're losing. Some very bad tendencies are showing up in the play of our team, and it isn't what people want to see.

John Holmes*

The Murray's aren't superheroes of talent evaluation. For all the good things there is about MacLean, he still makes questionable decisions.

They are just men. They don't possess magic powers.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The Murray's aren't superheroes of talent evaluation. For all the good things there is about MacLean, he still makes questionable decisions.

They are just men. They don't possess magic powers.

Blasphemy!

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That's...just....no

These boards can be tough sometimes to read. We've played 5 friggin games and people are talking about trading our #1 goalie. Just unreal.

My guess is the team stays intact for this season. If we **** the bed then maybe changes come next offseason, but teams don't generally just unload their all stars.

Spezza isn't going anywhere. He's the captain and a #1 centre. Guarantee if you (poster I quoted) had your way and he was traded within 2 weeks you'd be crying for a #1 centre. Ask fans of other teams how much they'd love to have Spezza on their team.

Anderson could be dealt, but lehner would have to truly show this season he is ready for the #1 job. No one on this board can evaluate talent like this situation, so I'll differ to the jack Adams winner and the Murray's.

I do agree with folks who think Michalek will be dealt a the deadline if we're out of the playoff picture

Honestly people, 5 games...

Spezza's contract is up soon and if we completely suck this season i wouldnt mind seeing him gone. We have the centers to replace him. At least i think turris could replace him. He did last year.

If you're telling me you'd want to keep spezza at 7 mil dollars playing the way he is( or not playing, cough injuries, cough) i'd say your crazy. I'm in no way selling out on him yet but like you said teams would go crazy to have a guy like spezza and if we could get fair value i'd entertain the idea.

I

Last edited:

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Spezza's contract is up soon and if we completely suck this season i wouldnt mind seeing him gone. We have the centers to replace him. At least i think turris could replace him. He did last year.

If you're telling me you'd want to keep spezza at 7 mil dollars playing the way is i'd say your crazy. I'm in no way selling out on him yet but like you said teams would go crazy to have a guy like spezza and if we could get fair value i'd entairtain the idea.

No, no, no, and NO. Turris could not handle the job as #1C last year. The only reason he is excelling so far this year is because Spezza is back in the lineup. Turris is not a #1C. Well at least not yet, and he most certainly was not on the level he needed to be at last year.

Cherith Cutestory

Jan 20, 2008
Edmonton/Ottawa
You defer to the sharp minds that acquired Matt Kassian, and the Jack Adams winner that keeps dressing him?

Ok.

Fair enough. Clearly nobody on this board has comparable talent evaluation skills.

Yes. Yes I do. Wanna know why? Because one is a jack Adams winner and the others have brought this team to the playoffs the past 2 seasons when no one expected us to be there.

They are able to evaluate talent and that's why they have resumes like this. And you're going to cherry pick Matt Kassian? Is he really the reason why we've lost 4 games?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
No, no, no, and NO. Turris could not handle the job as #1C last year. The only reason he is excelling so far this year is because Spezza is back in the lineup. Turris is not a #1C. Well at least not yet, and he most certainly was not on the level he needed to be at last year.

What makes you think turris cant center a first line? He played exceptionally well last year with weak pieces around him.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
Honestly the only team even worth trading Anderson to is Edmonton. They are the only team in the NHL right now that needs a goalie.

For all the people thinking we should stay with this duo and let Anderson walk are on crack. You CAN'T let someone like Anderson with his trade value just walk out the door especially when we still have some holes on our team. We have a clear position of strength right now with 2 goalies that are more than capable being a starting goalie in the NHL. Anderson won't resign with us because he knows and everyone in this forum knows he is a starting goalie in the NHL and he isn't going to want to end up like Roberto Luongo. Not to mention after this year when Lehner signs a new deal we can't afford to keep 2 starting goalies.

My personal preference would be to trade Anderson at the draft or the deadline but at the same time we can't let this season get away from us. Not saying we are in trouble of not making the playoffs but if we continue to struggle we can't dig ourselves to big of a hole before deciding to make the trade. Not to mention the same will apply to Edmonton. If we wait to long they will find somebody else to make a deal with putting us in a difficult spot because there aren't many teams looking for a goalie and i sure as hell don't want to trade Anderson into our conference because we all know he can steal a game or even a series when it matters most.

Now with all that being said I think we have 2 options to approach a trade with Edmonton.

Option 1 is trying to get either Eberle or Yakupov. That option would obviously leave us needing to add more to the trade. This option helps our goal scoring but it really doesn't address our major need right now which is defense.

Option 2 is helping which in my opinion has been our down fall to start the season and that is adding a top 4 defensemen. Now Edmonton has 2 defensemen that we can't get and one that we don't want. Obviously we can't get Ference as he was named Captain and we don't want Justin Schultz because he is just terrible in his own end and we don't need his offense from the blue line because we have Wiercoich and Karlsson. Now that leaves us with 3 potential defensemen left.
Smid who averages 18 minutes of ice time this year and is a left handed defensemen, Petry who averages 20 minutes of ice time this year and is a right handed defensemen, Nick Schultz who averages 15 minutes a ice time and is a left handed defensemen.
Now with those 3 options I think its important everyone knows where all of our defensemen line up in the depth chart just so we can point out our weakness.

LD RD
Methot Karlsson
Cowen Corvo
Wiercoich Gryba
Phillips

I know everyone will point out that Wiercoich plays in the right side but thats not his strong side. Threw out his career he was always a LD its only in till he started playing with the sens did he start playing on his off side. Now we are already fairly strong on our Left side making Smid and N.Schultz fairly useless for us. So the only real option is Petry. Not to mention Petry plays more minutes then either of them meaning his coach trusts him more and has more confidence in him. He doesn't have more confidence in him because Petry is a nice guy. Petry plays more then the other 2 because he is the better all around defender.

Now with the 2 options being shown I personally like option #2 and this would be my proposal to Edmonton.

To Edmonton
Craig Anderson 3.18mill
Zack Smith 1.88mill
Eric Gryba .56
Total$ 5.62mill

To Ottawa
Jeff Petry 1.75mill
Luke Gazdic .63
Jason Labarbera 1.00mill
Ales Hemsky(with 2.5 mill held back) 2.5 mill
Total$ 5.88mill

Now as my disclaimer I'm sure this trade isn't perfect value for both teams but it is the base work. This trade helps us defensively by adding Petry who can step into that second line defensive roll. Now I added Zack Smith into this trade because i feel he and Stephan Da Costa are the odd men out and considering Smith's contract and our tight budget it is much better to free up that 1.8 mill. Now I added Luke Gazdic into this trade because he is a very tough guy but he is also a solid hockey player. He can easily fill Kassiains role well playing much better 2 way hockey and providing much more physical play. Now I added in Eric Gryba because with the addition of Petry we now have 8 defensemen and we don't have any room for him in Bingo. Now we gain some help on the wing by adding Ales Hemsky. We also gain some instant chemistry with Michalek and Hemsky as they are both from the Czech Republic and they will most likely be playing together in the Olympics.

Our depth chart after the trade

Greening Spezza Ryan
MacArthur Turris Conacher
Michalek Pageau Hemskey
Gazdic Zibanejad Neil
Da Costa Condra

Methot Karlsson
Cowen Petry
Phillips Wiercoich
Corvo

Lehner
Labarbera

WhiteLight*

We've concluded a trade with the Oil

Anderson
Smith
Gryba

for

1st rounder in 2014
conditional 2nd rounder in 2015 (if the 1st is not a top 8)
Dubnyk at $2M
Martin Gernat

Done

TheOriginalSilf*

We've concluded a trade with the Oil

Anderson
Smith
Gryba

for

1st rounder in 2014
conditional 2nd rounder in 2015 (if the 1st is not a top 8)
Dubnyk at $2M
Martin Gernat

Done

So we take two steps back in proven talent to get more picks and prospects? No.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
So we take two steps back in proven talent to get more picks and prospects? No.

Probably the best thing we could get for andy. Not like people shop top 4 dmen often and we dont need forwards. Not many trading partners out there with what we need right now.

TheOriginalSilf*

Lehner > Anderson

Not a step back

It's unbelievable how short-sighted most of you are. It's like talking to goldfish. Anderson isn't the issue. We're 10+ games removed from him single-handedly beating the Canadiens in round 1. We wouldn't see any positive results from this trade until 3-5 years and we don't need anymore prospects.

This is a huge step back. If we're trading Anderson for anything (not happening for a while) it'll be for developed/established NHL talent.

WhiteLight*

It's unbelievable how short-sighted most of you are. It's like talking to goldfish. Anderson isn't the issue. We're 10+ games removed from him single-handedly beating the Canadiens in round 1. We wouldn't see any positive results from this trade until 3-5 years and we don't need anymore prospects.

This is a huge step back. If we're trading Anderson for anything (not happening for a while) it'll be for developed/established NHL talent.

The Sens still lack top end talent. How many 1st liners do the Sens have? A broken down Spezza, Ryan, POSSIBLY Zibanejad. That's it. 1 potential, and 2 1st liners who not elite and not franchise players.

The Sens still have only 1 top pair D.

That Edmonton pick could be the answer to get more top talent. The Sens are not done rebuilding, this team as it is is not winning.

TheOriginalSilf*

The Sens still lack top end talent. How many 1st liners do the Sens have? A broken down Spezza, Ryan, POSSIBLY Zibanejad. That's it. 1 potential, and 2 1st liners who not elite and not franchise players.

The Sens still have only 1 top pair D.

That Edmonton pick could be the answer to get more top talent. The Sens are not done rebuilding, this team as it is is not winning.

:laugh:

So you're telling me that the 1st round pick that might not even be a lottery pick is going to magically turn into a 1st liner player within a year or two? Mhm.

That trade is awful.

WhiteLight*

:laugh:

So you're telling me that the 1st round pick that might not even be a lottery pick is going to magically turn into a 1st liner player within a year or two? Mhm.

That trade is awful.

No. And why does it need to be within a year?

How are the Sens gonna bring in more talent? eh?
Tell me how that's gonna happen.

A high draft pick is the best bet.

TheOriginalSilf*

No. And why does it need to be within a year?

How are the Sens gonna bring in more talent? eh?
Tell me how that's gonna happen.

A high draft pick is the best bet.

Oh, so we'll cross our fingers and pray that this player turns into a bonafide 1st liner within 5 years when both Ryan and Spezza are leaving their prime? Awesome move. No, really, great idea!

How about we don't ****ing trade half the team right now and see how things go rather than base everything on 5 ****ing games. Jesus Christ, this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad