Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
With both Tierny and DeMelo needing new contracts - we could be looking at a busy trade deadline.

Six assets might just turn into ten!

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
What happened to us weaponizing our cap space?
We signed 2 free agent plugs, I guess all that wheeling and dealing must have burnt GMPD out! I’ve tried to stay positive throughout all of the BS but, admittedly, my patience is wearing thin. Taking advantage of our cap space seems like a no-brainer, but maybe PD’s butt is too sore after getting worked over by Dubas.

Reactions: Cosmix

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
We signed 2 free agent plugs, I guess all that wheeling and dealing must have burnt GMPD out! I’ve tried to stay positive throughout all of the BS but, admittedly, my patience is wearing thin. Taking advantage of our cap space seems like a no-brainer, but maybe PD’s butt is too sore after getting worked over by Dubas.
And Wilson, and McPhee, and Rutherford, and Eugene, and ....

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Gaining assets to flip (Hainsey, Ennis, Brown?) is a way of weaponizing cap space to a certain degree. That being said, I'd probably rather have the Leafs 2020 1st from the Marleau deal than the collection of assets we get from Hainsey/Ennis and whoever.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The sens are below the cap floor already how does saving money actually help the team at this point? Demelo is going to get the team a good piece worth more than a late pick.

A Karlsson perhaps?

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Oh how I wish we had an owner that could/would offer sheet a guy like Marner...

Not really a rumour or proposal, just an idle musing.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think Dorion saying JBD looked better than Brannstrom was more of a compliment to JBD and the organization as a whole for acquiring him late in the 1st than it was meant to be a slight at Brannstrom. It was like saying we have two A+ prospects.

Talk about reading into a quote too much. I agree with what you said. I think Dorion was one part praising JBD, one part trying to motivate Brannstrom and let him know his spot on the team isnt secured.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
I have a hard time seeing Boro being scratched 30+ games. At the same time, how is Jaros going to get ice, assuming wolanin/brannstrom make the team? I can't imagine a scenario where both players play poorly enough to not make the cut.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have a hard time seeing Boro being scratched 30+ games. At the same time, how is Jaros going to get ice, assuming wolanin/brannstrom make the team? I can't imagine a scenario where both players play poorly enough to not make the cut.

Yeah, the organization loves Boro too much to put him on the shelf.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Both Wolanin and Brannstrom won't make the team. I think it will be one or the other on the roster to start the season.

Unless D.J. Smith loves Boro, he probably gets phased out regardless. Boucher using 7D on a regular basis helped keep him in the lineup. He's fine as a #7-8D, but Boro playing every night probably shouldn't be the norm.

Chabot-Demelo (Chabot @ 25 minutes a game probably plays with a lot of different players, but Demelo would be his most stable partner)
Hainsey-Zaitsev (Deployed against top pairings)
(Brannstrom or Wolanin)-Jaros (Could see Jaros beside Chabot by the end of the season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad