Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Didnt mean to be a jerk, thought saving the 3.2m in cash would help. I'd have no problem adding in a prospect or giving the 3rd rounder back?
The sens are below the cap floor already how does saving money actually help the team at this point? Demelo is going to get the team a good piece worth more than a late pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There was an old interview maybe on TSN 1200 where he was rattling off the prospects and where they projected them as a means of putting over how deep the pool was.

If I recall, in the same interview he said Brown would be project as a 2C.

It was probably about this time last year. I think it was after the Karlsson trade.

I seem to recall something about that ,,, no specifics in this old brain. I think I recall some talk about him being a shut down type of C but he wasn't ready for that role yet. I don't know. With Dorion I don't know what is real or not coming out of his mouth. I think it just comes from stumbling and reacting moment to moment. He always says they have a plan... I think its less of a plan and more like a thought in that moment or on that day that can change on a dime... or sometimes a nickle.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sens are going to trade Brannstrom - Dorions comments that JBD had a better rookie camp then Brannstrom and based on his drafting tendency of big Dman and big players, coupled with the fact they have Chabot and Wolanin and drafting of Thomson and Tyconik coming so Brannstrom at #2 PP option is kind of a declining asset - Bransstrom will get moved:

Detroit: Bransstrom
Ott: Zadina, 2nd 2020, 3rd 2020

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Sens are going to trade Brannstrom - Dorions comments that JBD had a better rookie camp then Brannstrom and based on his drafting tendency of big Dman and big players, coupled with the fact they have Chabot and Wolanin and drafting of Thomson and Tyconik coming so Brannstrom at #2 PP option is kind of a declining asset - Bransstrom will get moved:

We cant trade Brannstom yet. We need Chabot to ask for what he is worth then have ownership/management toss him under the bus and say that Brannstrom is better anyways. Then when it is Brannstroms turn the same thing happens but they say Thomson is better.

How have you not figured out the system yet?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Tychonik is far from a sure thing.

Bernard-Docker is a RD.

I think it's more likely Wolanin gets moved in the mid term to make room for more of a support style Dman on the left side.

Chabot-JBD
Brannstrom-Jaros
(Maybe Lajoie)-Zaitsev

That's our lineup 2 years from now IMO.

Thomson will just be coming up and then Zaitsev is either traded or we pay someone to take his salary. In 2-3 years, his term will be more manageable and even if he is a #5, look at what those types are getting right now on the open market. As long as he isn't completely useless, we might be able to shed the last 2 or so years of his contract if Thomson replaces him.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

I highly doubt Dorion is planning on trading Brannstrom right now. I do however think he's on the outside looking in and will start the year in Belleville.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
After Dorion called the Brannstrom acquisition his Proudest Day Ever(TM)?

Not a chance. The optics would bury him.

He traded Turris, Brassard, Phaneuf, Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Ceci and fired his coach all in season - do you think trading Brannstrom would bury him???

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Draft picks are trade currency. To think the team would use all 15 is naive. I'm sure Dorion has touched on how draft picks gives them more flexibility in trades.
You right, it gives him an excuse when he inevitably overpays

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
After publicly endorsing him the day before.

The only thing he’s consistent on is the Ottawa Senators have tons of money for whatever they need, except players who don’t want to be here because they don’t get paid enough money.

And he stuck by Randy ‘Rick’ Lee if we are keeping score - and traded Hoffman

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
what about Ryan + Teirney for Neal + Bennett as a base

Tkachuk Bennett Brown
Duclair White Neal
Paul Brown Batherson
Ennis Pageau Davidsson

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
what about Ryan + Teirney for Neal + Bennett as a base

Tkachuk Bennett Brown
Duclair White Neal
Paul Brown Batherson
Ennis Pageau Davidsson

Why would be consider trading away two assets, for two that are mutually worse than the ones we are giving up?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think Dorion saying JBD looked better than Brannstrom was more of a compliment to JBD and the organization as a whole for acquiring him late in the 1st than it was meant to be a slight at Brannstrom. It was like saying we have two A+ prospects.

Reactions: derriko

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
The sens are below the cap floor already how does saving money actually help the team at this point? Demelo is going to get the team a good piece worth more than a late pick.
Well that was kind of the point, (moot now that Ceci signed pure salary).
But the cap hit was higher than the actual cost.

Ottawa would have gained cap and lost actual dollars.

Moot now, best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->