Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
that's fine if that's your opinion it's just annoying when that specific poster talks about "propaganda" and "slander" and attacks anything Garrioch writes. We get it dude. And before you say why don't I ignore him, I find it ruins threads and I have nothing personal against him. /rant.

IMO I am not worrying about Chabot or anybody like that. The team has never had a problem signing players out of their ELC.
Have we signed any big name player out of elc since about 3 or 4 years ago when these kids are getting massive deals. We have not

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Have we signed any big name player out of elc since about 3 or 4 years ago when these kids are getting massive deals. We have not
You are correct, but since Mika and Stone were signed in summer 2015 there has not been any players coming out of their ELC who were big names.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
To Washington: Tierny, Duclair, Pageau, Ennis, Zaitsev, Hainsey, DeMello, Szwartz, Sturtz, Balcers, Davidsson, Abramov, Carcone, Alsing, Brannstrom, Thomson, Ebert, Tychonick & Lodin

To Ottawa: Tom Wilson RW

We need to add the obligatory pick to get this done.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Gusev? Is it possible? Anyone know anything more specific about his holdout?

It's not a holdout.

He is a much older RFA. Vegas acquired him from Tampa as an expansion draft consideration.

He burned his 1 year ELC in Vegas last season just by signing his contract because he was not eligible for an ELC slide. Because he did not play any games, he is not arbitration or offer sheet eligible. He wants to play in the NHL, but Vegas is in a tough spot with their cap situation and Gusev is probably not going to sign a contract cheap enough just to fit in with their cap. I don't think it's a negative situation for either side. It's far from a holdout, it's just a unique situation because it's rare for a player with Gusev's level of hype to come over at his age and become an non-arb/non-offer sheet eligible RFA instantly.

I have no idea how good he is personally. He would have to want to go to whichever team acquires him because while restricted, he is still a free agent who has to sign a contract with his new team.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Gusev? Is it possible? Anyone know anything more specific about his holdout?

he wants more money than vegas is looking to pay. apparently vegas and gusev's camp is around 2 million apart in negotiations which means gusev could end up extending anywhere between 3-4 million aav.

dont know if we could afford that financially since we still need to extend white and wolanin

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
So Edmonton wants a 3rd line centre and a top 6 winger. They want to split up McDavid and Draisaitl.

What about JGP and Duclair for RNH?
Actual dollars out is $5,050,000 dollars in $6,000,000

JGP is a UFA after this year, Duclair is an RFA and RNH has 2 years left on his deal.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
So Edmonton wants a 3rd line centre and a top 6 winger. They want to split up McDavid and Draisaitl.

JGP is a UFA after this year, Duclair is an RFA and RNH has 2 years left on his deal.

EDM wants a top 6 winger to play with Nuge on the 2nd line. It makes no sense trading him away to get one, especially when the one you’re getting is Duclair.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
EDM wants a top 6 winger to play with Nuge on the 2nd line. It makes no sense trading him away to get one, especially when the one you’re getting is Duclair.
ahh, I understood that wrong.

I was under the impression that they wanted McDavid #1C and Leon #2C since they were easy to shut own when they were on the same line because that is the only scoring they were able to generate.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

We’d have to add to that for sure. Our only legitimate top 6 winger is the oft-injured Ryan (kids excluded). Tierny might work.

I’m really starting to dream about Gusev. By the time we’re in prime FYOUS he’s left for UFA payday but we could accommodate a trade easily.

DeMelo, Lajoie, customary draft pick for Holden, Gusev?

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
It's not a holdout.

He is a much older RFA. Vegas acquired him from Tampa as an expansion draft consideration.

He burned his 1 year ELC in Vegas last season just by signing his contract because he was not eligible for an ELC slide. Because he did not play any games, he is not arbitration or offer sheet eligible. He wants to play in the NHL, but Vegas is in a tough spot with their cap situation and Gusev is probably not going to sign a contract cheap enough just to fit in with their cap. I don't think it's a negative situation for either side. It's far from a holdout, it's just a unique situation because it's rare for a player with Gusev's level of hype to come over at his age and become an non-arb/non-offer sheet eligible RFA instantly.

I have no idea how good he is personally. He would have to want to go to whichever team acquires him because while restricted, he is still a free agent who has to sign a contract with his new team.

Ty.

I mean a guy who puts up 94 points in 82 games on any men’s league has skill. Gusev did it in the KHL, likely the worlds 2nd best/toughest league.

I would definitely gamble on a top six forward for the price Vegas might be asking (upgraded roster player, cap relief, mid level prospect)

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs fan coming in peace.

Have a trade thought, not sure how well you think it would work.

Ceci for Demello and Condon.

One of the hosts suggested signing him at as low an AAV as you can (his QO is 4.3m) and make it like 3.6m signing bonus and 700k salary.

Ceci at 4.5 aav (700k dollars)
for
Demello (900k salary+cap) + Condon (2.4 cap, 3m salary)

Demello is the better RHD.
Leafs put Condon in the AHL, moving his cap hit down to 1.325, and saving 2.275m against the cap total.

Ottawa saves 3.2m in actual cash.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Gusev would be a sweet ad but I doubt he'll accept anything lower than 4M per season and even that seems low to me. He's probably gonna flirt with 30 goals in his first year. He's similar to Duclair in many ways but is way more clinical on the PP. You're not just bidding against cap strapped NHL teams but Oil tycoon KHL teams for his services. He wouldn't be a long term guy. He'd be a mercenary to sell off to the highest bidder in Feburary/March. If Eugene is willing to pay that price for a 2nd + at the deadline is a whole other matter.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

One of the hosts suggested signing him at as low an AAV as you can (his QO is 4.3m) and make it like 3.6m signing bonus and 700k salary.

for

Leafs put Condon in the AHL, moving his cap hit down to 1.325, and saving 2.275m against the cap total.

So you want the sens to help the leafs even more and get worse in the process while giving up Demelo who has real value, terrible deal for Ottawa. I dont really see how thats 'coming in peace'.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

for

Funny guy!

Reactions: branch

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Ottawa should be shopping Chabot

Sens are not going to match the Aho offersheet Chabot is going to command... I’d much rather get a young exciting package then a 1+2+3

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa should be shopping Chabot

Sens are not going to match the Aho offersheet Chabot is going to command... I’d much rather get a young exciting package then a 1+2+3
Chabot is young and exciting. No point in operating this franchise if they refuse to sign players coming out of their ELC'S.

Reactions: Deku and Ice-Tray

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'd do it .. I think they like RNH more than that in Edmonton

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I wonder if Vegas would package clarkson and Gusev in a trade. They just don’t have the room for him, and they the thing they need most is cap space.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if Vegas would package clarkson and Gusev in a trade. They just don’t have the room for him, and they the thing they need most is cap space.

Vegas would probably consider anything right now that would get them out of their cap jam. I get the sense, though, that GMs around the league are enjoying watching Vegas squirm right now, and are in no hurry to throw them a life ring. If their attitude at the draft is any indication (they were only offering a 5th along with the Clarkson contract) then they are going to have to change their approach significantly if they want any trading partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->