Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's not about "blaming". It's about noting that your teacher left you - you and your ****ty test scores and challenging environment - rather than staying and committing to the difficult work with, yes, a hope and a dream. It's actually a bad analogy, because I can guarantee you the best teachers do not flee the worst places.

If Mark Stone, for example, signed with Ottawa and said "It's been a challenging time for us, and leaving the team behind, especially now, was just something I didn't want to do. My heart is here, in this city and with these fans and this team, and while nobody is happy with where we are in the standings, I want to be part of the solution. Pierre and my agents worked extremely hard to find areas of compromise and I'm content with where we arrived. I am honoured to be the captain of the Ottawa Senators, and am excited for the future and the for the role I can play with our young guys."

You would have though he was what, an idiot?

I respect the choice he made. I would have respected the choice to stay infinitely more. It's all such a massive gamble - what player on the move wouldn't have loved to have been shipped to TB in February? There is risk on all sides in hockey, that everybody tries to anticipate and mitigate. Still, it's fundamentally a crap shoot. He could have stayed, and that's all I'm lobbying for people to remember.
The shitty test scores and challenging environment is the Ottawa Senators, a shitty hockey team, that is run the worst in the league. It's not a challenging environment, it's a toxic, terrible environment.

If you think a teacher wouldn't leave a shitty school to go to an Ivy League school with great ownership, Tenure and Severance, and more money, I guarantee I will find you a lair.

Yes, completely. Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't staying here, as only a complete idiot would sign his next 7 years to be here when he has the option of anywhere else but here. I'm sure anyone who would have been shipped to Tampa is still very glad to be in Tampa, just as I'm sure Stone is very glad to be in Vegas.

Literally nothing going for this team now, nothing. From an organisational to an on ice standpoint.

The gamble is staying here, where they have not been able to do one positive thing in the past 2 years, with no change in sight, without a full NTC, and without hope of competing anytime soon.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There’s a fun run through on the main board of all the talent the Sens have given away over the years compared to other teams.

To me it looks worse than the Isles during the Milbury era. Bad times ahead.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There’s a fun run through on the main board of all the talent the Sens have given away over the years compared to other teams.

To me it looks worse than the Isles during the Milbury era. Bad times ahead.

So were your thoughts confirmed .. We have 3 guys moved this year leading their respective new teams in the playoffs. Anyone paying even a little attention just shakes their head on the debacle that's gone on here.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
What interview are you referencing with Dorion? Not accusing you of being wrong, I'd just be curious to hear it. Dorion seemed to talk pretty positively about Duclair in most interviews I remember, but I might just be mis-remembering.

I speculated about this right after the trade, but I thought it was plausible that if Duclair's performance was anything but fantastic, that the Sens probably wouldn't qualify him, because at the time he was on pace for 15-20 goals and was on pace to have almost 300 career games. That's a player that with a soft arbitrator might get 2-3 million.

I think it's less likely now since he was actually good, and if we have to pay him 2-3 million for one year, who cares....but maybe if money is tighter than we think, they might not want to risk having to pay Duclair on a 1 year arbitration ruling. As good as Duclair was down the stretch, he has had an inconsistent career.

If they didn't want to qualify him because of cash, and if these allegations are true, that works out for Melnyk and Dorion. They can release a player who was extremely popular at the end of the season and use the alleged harassment as an excuse for not qualifying him.

In his year-end press conference, Dorion was asked specifically about Duclair.

WALLACE: "Just your thoughts on Anthony Duclair, I mean this is a kid - I'll still call him a kid - who has bounced around a bit, different comments have been made about him, but how would you analyze his performance here and is this someone you're interested in bringing back".

DORION: "I think all our RFA's and UFA's we're going to look at - we talked with our coaching staff today; we got their input. Our management group and our scouts are going to sit down together, I know I asked our scouting staff - especially pro - to be at a lot of our games after the trade deadline so they could really have a great input on the direction we're going to go in, but we were happy with Anthony's play. He showed that he can produce at the NHL level, but at the same time we have to make sure that there is a right fit here".

Not exactly a ringing endorsement here.

I agree that they may have arbitration concerns.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Weird situation. She tweeted earlier that she knew it was him because they video chatted. It shows though how devastating even the accusation is in the me too era. He was convicted by Twitter, then exonerated, and the immediate Twitter response was that he had paid her off.
She's taking a fair bit of heat for the retraction. Seems most would rather believe the worst

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Weird situation. She tweeted earlier that she knew it was him because they video chatted. It shows though how devastating even the accusation is in the me too era. He was convicted by Twitter, then exonerated, and the immediate Twitter response was that he had paid her off.

Doesn't that make her at least a little bit racist? She said she had a video chat with him and was absolutely certain it was him. Doesn't that mean she had a video chat with some random black guy and couldn't tell that it wasn't Duclair?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Doesn't that make her at least a little bit racist? She said she had a video chat with him and was absolutely certain it was him. Doesn't that mean she had a video chat with some random black guy and couldn't tell that it wasn't Duclair?
I think its a stretch. Why would it make her racist? Is it any more racist than jumping to a conclusion , or making the assumption that it was racist?

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
She's taking a fair bit of heat for the retraction. Seems most would rather believe the worst

Burden of proof doesn't seem to exist when it comes to these kind of things these days. It is a bad precedent to believe everyone's word at face value without question. Claims like this should be taken seriously and investigated but people should be more skeptical and wait to review the evidence before passing judgment.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Looks like Duclair was innocent.

Ok, I'm not on twitter all that much and some of the nuance escapes me....but that "Vicky" doesn't feel like a real account. I mean...Vicnasty? A bunch of tweets about hockey with the habs as a background pick, and "she" didn't recognize Duclair in a supposed video chat? That account has trouble written all over it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Burden of proof doesn't seem to exist when it comes to these kind of things these days. It is a bad precedent to believe everyone's word at face value without question. Claims like this should be taken seriously and investigated but people should be more skeptical and wait to review the evidence before passing judgment.
Social media can be a nasty2point0 place. She apologized for the confusion. I accept her apology.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ok, I'm not on twitter all that much and some of the nuance escapes me....but that "Vicky" doesn't feel like a real account. I mean...Vicnasty? A bunch of tweets about hockey with the habs as a background pick, and "she" didn't recognize Duclair in a supposed video chat? That account has trouble written all over it.
She earlier posted a bunch of texts between them . She was full on rampage. Apparently there are allegations that many have been mistreated by Duclair. Could range from Duke being a dick, to just being a sex machine who uses and abuses puck bunnies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
She's a puck bunny

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
My guess is there was a guy who looked like Duclair and tried to use that to get star-struck, attractive, easy women. It would be easy to confuse him with Duclair if he looks similar enough and the lighting wasnt great and it makes more sense than paying her off. If he paid her off, him making a comment before hand would be really risky and would depend completely on her accepting his payment + confirming his story...

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I wonder if Pitts would move Letang, also looks like Nsh might move Subban

Chabot Brannstrom
Wolanin Letang
Boro Jaros

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I keep dreaming that San Jose wins the cup and Duchene signs in Columbus. I am now starting to think it could be a possibility.

On a not so serious note; spend Ceci’s salary on Brian Burke-esq President and trade for Mike Babcock at 50% retained.

But in all seriousness- what is the Toronto media talking about? Mike Babcock is a Highlander. Don’t mess with that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I keep dreaming that San Jose wins the cup and Duchene signs in Columbus. I am now starting to think it could be a possibility.

On a not so serious note; spend Ceci’s salary on Brian Burke-esq President and trade for Mike Babcock at 50% retained.

But in all seriousness- what is the Toronto media talking about? Mike Babcock is a Highlander. Don’t mess with that.
Means nothing if Karlsson doesn't resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad