Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Norris will get a chance at camp to earn a spot. If he plays his way into the lineup he may get a chance. I don’t think the Sens will send him down if he is shredding the pre season and if others struggle. I don’t expect him to do that... but there is a wait and see element here.

In most cases Ott seems to like to start their prospects in Belleville (AHL) to get them acclimatized to the pro game & speed. If Norris signs a pro contract chances are that he could start there unless he has a great training camp & he has all the tools to do just that. However, my guess is that they may want to start him in Belleville first to see how he handles that assignment before bringing him up & IMO it could probably be around the trade deadline especially if they move out a centre or LW. While he will likely end up at centre at some point, they usually have young guys start on the wing first to learn the job & assignments before giving them more responsibility at centre. Having Brown, White & Norris at centre down the road is a pretty good start to this rebuild IMO. Fill in the blanks below & they have a ton of draft picks over the next three drafts to do just that.

??? - Brown - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - ???
Formenton - Norris - ???

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
In most cases Ott seems to like to start their prospects in Belleville (AHL) to get them acclimatized to the pro game & speed. If Norris signs a pro contract chances are that he could start there unless he has a great training camp & he has all the tools to do just that. However, my guess is that they may want to start him in Belleville first to see how he handles that assignment before bringing him up & IMO it could probably be around the trade deadline especially if they move out a centre or LW. While he will likely end up at centre at some point, they usually have young guys start on the wing first to learn the job & assignments before giving them more responsibility at centre. Having Brown, White & Norris at centre down the road is a pretty good start to this rebuild IMO. Fill in the blanks below & they have a ton of draft picks over the next three drafts to do just that.

??? - Brown - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - ???
Formenton - Norris - ???

I wouldn’t say D+2 to the AHL is an Ottawa trend. White was a slow developer and Brown has played very few games with injury problems. Before that most of our first round forward selections went straight to the NHL at D+2. Norris could be similar to White’s development curve but I think White played his way to Bingo two years ago (hand injury, weak play).

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I wouldn’t say D+2 to the AHL is an Ottawa trend. White was a slow developer and Brown has played very few games with injury problems. Before that most of our first round forward selections went straight to the NHL at D+2. Norris could be similar to White’s development curve but I think White played his way to Bingo two years ago (hand injury, weak play).
To be fair White was slowed by breaking his arm in preseason ,but was looking to make the team a year earlier

Reactions: aragorn and derriko

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I agree - that leaves Brown as the only D+2 forward to play his way into the AHL and he had his injury history with missed games.
Brown ,s career has been just injury prone to this point...Love the tools that kid has,but he needs to stay healthy for more than 10 games

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
Question on the Karlsson conditional pic ...

I read that we can get another first rounder if SJS makes the final and "extends" Karlsson.

If SJS makes the final, but only sign him after July 1st when he becomes a UFA, does the condition still kick in?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Question on the Karlsson conditional pic ...

I read that we can get another first rounder if SJS makes the final and "extends" Karlsson.

If SJS makes the final, but only sign him after July 1st when he becomes a UFA, does the condition still kick in?

Good question. Knowing Ottawa’s luck we’d send themselves a 5th round pick

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Obviously you take anything someone says to the media with a salt mine, but Duchene just said this gem:

“We’ve got a long way to go, but I love playing for this team,” Duchene said. “I couldn’t be happier to be a Blue Jacket. I’m really excited to be here. This is something I’ve chased for a long time.”

2nd first rounder coming our way!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Obviously you take anything someone says to the media with a salt mine, but Duchene just said this gem:

“We’ve got a long way to go, but I love playing for this team,” Duchene said. “I couldn’t be happier to be a Blue Jacket. I’m really excited to be here. This is something I’ve chased for a long time.”

2nd first rounder coming our way!

Lmao, their main success is off the backs of 2 players likely as good as gone this summer. I hope he does stay cause CLB easily has a chance of regressing the most out of any team.

Reactions: derriko and NB613

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It would be awesome if we could land an extra 1st round pick from both CBJ and SJ. The NHL changes so quickly (especially with another expansion draft coming) that you never know where those picks could land, especially for SJ where that extra 1st round would be in 2021.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It would be awesome if we could land an extra 1st round pick from both CBJ and SJ. The NHL changes so quickly (especially with another expansion draft coming) that you never know where those picks could land, especially for SJ where that extra 1st round would be in 2021.

Go Fish

Edit: I realize after saying it out loud that that is a card game command. To clarify, I am agreeing and I'm cheering for the sharks

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
What'd you guys want for Pageau? He'd be a perfect fit at 3c for us and will need a new contract after next season. Your abundance of young centers in the system along with Tierney on the team could push him out.

How about the 39th pick + prospect like Bear for Pageau + 3rd/4th?

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
What'd you guys want for Pageau? He'd be a perfect fit at 3c for us and will need a new contract after next season. Your abundance of young centers in the system along with Tierney on the team could push him out.

Not a bad offer, but I think he’s gonna be relied on to play heavy minutes next year while letting Brown and Norris develop a bit more. Next off season him and/or Tierney are likely fair game though. Centre depth 2019-2020 likely as follows:

White
Tierney
Pageau
Chlapik

2020-2021 as:

White
Brown
Norris
Chlapik/Pageau/Tierney

And that’s not even factoring in that we could have Quinton Byfield in our lineup by then haha

Reactions: derriko and NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

i'd do it make it a 3rd,

39th , Bear and a 3rd.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Ya no thx

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Something like 39+70 (or 39+2020 2nd) for Pageau with an extension signed in EDM would be my guess if the Sens can't re-sign him. Eller and Shaw both got two 2nds.

I'm guessing Pageau's next contract has an AAV in the 4.5M range (give or take a few 100k) for 3-4 years. Melnyk claims the Senators will spend "close to" the cap starting in 2021, so if that's the case I could see the Senators keeping Pageau since nobody else on the team can do his job as well as him or match his compete. It doesn't matter if the Senators are deep in centers if they don't have the type of center who can do Pageau's job and take it from him.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018

Personally I'd absolutely take that and be happy for both sides...

Pageau is a great person and teammate who plays above his abilities. He would be a welcome addition to the Oilers. For the Sens, they should look to trade him because they have Tierney behind waiting to take the 3rd line C role next year. Heck, I'd even take a cap dump (not Lucic) to make it more palatable for you guys.

Reactions: NB613

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Not the time to be spending assets on improving the team. We have our 1st rounder this upcoming year, and then some. Suck well and suck hard for next season and the one after.
It's going to suck to have to suck hard for a few years but I think sadly it's the best strategy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad