Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So we need SJ to win this round and CBJ to lose this round

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I thought we get a 1st if they make the SCF.

2nd if Karl re-signs

1st instead of 2nd if Karl re-signs+Sharks make SCF

Nothing if Sharks make the SCF and Karl doesn't re-sign.

The 1st would be a 2021 unprotected. While the Sharks are a good team, having two straight unprotected picks has potential to let Ottawa "win" the trade, but it would take a lot of intervention from the hockey gods. (Karl dropping off, those picks being high lottery picks)

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
[QUOTE="danielpalfredsson, post: 160257

The 1st would be a 2021 unprotected. While the Sharks are a good team, having two straight unprotected picks has potential to let Ottawa "win" the trade, but it would take a lot of intervention from the hockey gods. (Karl dropping off, those picks being high lottery picks)[/QUOTE]

Good stuff like that just doesn’t happen to the Sens.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Definitely not happening but with Rutherfords comments on Malkin image we pulled the trigger

I'd tune into a line of Tkachuk-Malkin-Batherson next year lol

Reactions: Clayonator

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Here's 3 proposals for trades...

To Toronto: CBJ 1st 2019, Demelo, OTT 2nd 2020
To Ottawa: Nylander

To Nashville: Ceci, Chlapik, OTT 2nd 2019
To Ottawa: Subban

To Montreal: Pageau, Pit 3rd 2019
To Ottawa: MTL 1st 2019

Makes us a lot better now... thoughts?

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019

1 Nylander is soft and lacks defensive grit, he might be someone you bring into a mature team with a hard working culture but not a young team.

2 Subban is too old and is not right for the culture we want. I’d rather Tkachuk be the voice and direct the culture of the dressing room. As much as I would like a veteran right D I think Subban has too many warts.

3 I would like to keep Pageau as veteran leadership and to mentor, if there was an outstanding player at 15 I would think about it though. I would prefer to get more picks from short term cap dumps.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Depends.

I you think Karlsson is going to resign, you hope for SJ to win.

If you think he's going to go UFA, you want Colorado to win

I think its all but sealed he makes his way to the New York area, whethers its Jersey, NYI or NYR they all need him all have the cap space and I am very confident thats where he and his wife want to be.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Lol absolutely not for the first one, Nylander might be the softest player in the NHL. The leafs need efficient cheap RD so badly and they need to get rid of his contract its not unfathomable they get Nylander for Demelo and a small plus but honestly I want nothing to do with him as a player.

Nashville and Montreal wont do that.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Nylander would be flayed here
Subban is a Corncob
I would do the 3rd one no problem

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Definitely not happening but with Rutherfords comments on Malkin image we pulled the trigger

I'd tune into a line of Tkachuk-Malkin-Batherson next year lol

He chooses his own destination because he has a full NMC.

The only reason I could see the Penguins dealing him is if Malkin himself is the one in the driver's seat. Otherwise, it makes no sense to come to him and ask him to waive, because that's not something that can be taken back, and with his NMC he's not going to give them a big list of teams.

At best, they'll get a return like we got for Karlsson. Teams will not give up their Heiskanen's or even their Timo Meier's. They'll give the Pens 2-3 B+ assets, and 2-3 B/C assets. The 2-3 teams on his list (if it is that many) aren't going to bid up the price, and if the Pens ask him to waive, then they create a situation where they can't really go back on that and say "Actually Evgeni, we're friends again, nvm".

I think there is something to be said for rebuilding 2 years too early instead of 2 years too late.

The Blackhawks are probably an example of a team that rebuilt 2 years too late. Although, in a realistic sense, I can't blame them for not selling off everybody except for Kane/Toews/Panarin because it would be pretty difficult to go to an ownership group expecting cups and say "I project our secondary guys to all fall off in a year or two, I know we just won the cup but let's rebuild with an aim to compete again 3 years from now".

I think that's the spot the Penguins are in right now. Crosby still has loads of good hockey left in him, so long as he is willing to play through his contract when his salary drops to 3M. If not for Malkin's NMC, I would trade everybody but Crosby and Matt Murray with the idea that the team is probably going to be bad for 1-2 years, but that's better than being mediocre for 1-2 years and being bad anyways at the end of it because the core (minus Crosby, Guentzel, and Murray) either drop off or leave in free agency.

The Pens could build up a huge amount of picks/prospects, finish bottom 10 1-2 years in a row and hope for some lottery luck, and then use their cap space to attract free agents based on the fact that they have money to spend, and Crosby being on the team makes them a desirable destination. Then in 1-2 years, they take all those picks they got for depreciating players like Letang and Kessel, and they patiently wait for opportunities to come up like the one they took advantage of when they acquired a much younger Kessel, or the one STL took advantage of to get ROR this past summer. So it's not like they'd have to wait 5 years for those draft picks to become players.

The only reason they should deal Malkin is if they are going to do what I outlined in the paragraph above. If they miss the playoffs for 1-2 years in a short rebuild, he might not re-sign. He's also going to be 36 when his contract runs out, and will likely still be able to command big money/term depending on what he prioritizes. They aren't getting a good return regardless if they deal Malkin with a NMC, but they'll get more dealing him now than they would be either losing him to nothing in free agency after a short re-tool, or dealing him with 1 year left on his contract.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

1 - Not enough for Nylander. If Leafs are dealing Nylander and offers are that soft, they should try to attach that Zaitsev contract to him. They need cap space badly. More than they directly need picks. I think the Leafs should just get it over with and deal Nylander for Pesce after Nylander's bonus is paid on July 1st. Saves them a bit of cap, and fills a position of need.

2 - Again, don't think it's enough. I don't mind acquiring Subban on paper, but I don't think it makes any sense in the context of where our rebuild is supposed to be. He doesn't have enough term to be here long term, but has too much term for us to talk an extension. He has 3 years left, and we're supposedly supposed to start competing in year 3/3. Meaning, we'll risk losing him for nothing the first year of our window.

I think his next contract could be worrisome as well. Granted, Subban seems to taking conditioning seriously and defenders decline at a later age than forwards, but his next contract risks being one that could be brutal during the second half since he'll get 7-8 years starting at the age of 33. We'd be looking at having him under contract until 40-41 years old at what would probably be an 8-10 million dollar cap hit since the cap should be at 90 million by then.

3 - If Pageau won't sign, I'd be happy with that. Again, I think your prices are very favourable to Ottawa, but I guess maybe it's a realistic tax for sending a heart and soul player who is probably one of the most popular Senators to our biggest rival of the last decade. In MTLs shoes, I'd easily pay that 1st for an extended Pageau+3rd. Pageau is a building block player. If Pageau is willing to stay, the only reason the Senators shouldn't keep him is if Melnyk is being dishonest about spending "near" the cap and we're going to be a 68M real money or so team going forward. If Pageau wants to stay, give an extension. 4 x 4.5 should get it done and is market value for a heavy lifting matchup center like Pageau who can play 20 minutes a game if needed and provide secondary scoring with 35-40 points.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
So we need SJ to win this round and CBJ to lose this round

We also ideally want Duchene to sign in Columbus.

The best case scenario for the Sens seens to be Columbus losing this series but making it competitive enough that Duchene decides to stick with them. Then San Jose making it to the final and Karlsson sticking with them.

The result would be three first round picks next year (Ottawa, San Jose and Columbus) and three second round picks (Ottawa, Columbus and Vegas). Then in 2021 two first round picks (Ottawa and San Jose) and two second round picks (Ottawa and Columbus)

Duchene sticking with Columbus gives us a 2020 1sr and Karlsson going to the finals abd sticking with San Jose gives us a 2021 first.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

If the goal was to be better, they would not have decided to rebuild 2 months after they traded for Duchene.
We would have kept Karlsson.. Likely had a much better chance at resigning Stone last summer, shored up the D, added to the roster to be competetive and resigned Duchene. Now we are going to pay Nylander and Subban.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad