Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I could see Ottawa moving Tierney, his value is as high as it’ll get on a nice Cap hit. If Norris is ready they could flip him out.

Brown
White
Norris
Pageau
Chlapik

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Norris isn't even signed and has zero pro experience. It is was to early to be penciling him into the lineup.

He is a 1st round pick, 2 years of college and made his WJC team. He (apparently) plays a solid 2 way game so it’s not like Brown who can only play in your top 6. Norris could easily handle a bottom 6 role especially with Pageau playing the oppositions top lines.

Tkachuk came out of college, Makar went straight into the playoffs, Wolanin alsmost seemed ready right out of college - not a stretch to think Norris could be in the lineup come opening night.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He is a 1st round pick, 2 years of college and made his WJC team. He (apparently) plays a solid 2 way game so it’s not like Brown who can only play in your top 6. Norris could easily handle a bottom 6 role especially with Pageau playing the oppositions top lines.

Tkachuk came out of college, Makar went straight into the playoffs, Wolanin alsmost seemed ready right out of college - not a stretch to think Norris could be in the lineup come opening night.
Makar and Tkachuk can't miss top 5 picks, Wolanin was 19/20 year old when he was drafted and came out of College at 23 after 3 seasons.

Norris is much closer to Bowers, much closer, compared to those other 3 guys.

Bowers fits everything you said as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Tkachuk and Makar are both to 5 picks, Wolanin spent 4 years in college and played his first game at 22. If you can't tell why those three are not at all comparable, I'm not sure what to tell you. Perhaps he does step right in, but you don't make trades expecting him to, it's just foolish

Reactions: Caesar Rex

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Tkachuk and Makar are both to 5 picks, Wolanin spent 4 years in college and played his first game at 22. If you can't tell why those three are not at all comparable, I'm not sure what to tell you. Perhaps he does step right in, but you don't make trades expecting him to, it's just foolish

We saw Charley Macvoy (#14 pick) go from 2 years college straugjt ti playing 20 minutes a night in the playoffs vs Ottawa two years ago.

This isn’t a stretch at all. Tons of 1st round picks with 2 years CHL or college go straight to the pros.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
McAvoy was twice the prospect Norris was...

Okay, so many fans here expect Formenton (2nd round pick same draft) and Batherson (4th round pick same draft) to be in the NHL lineup next year - and Rob Thomas who is a C drafted 1 spot after Norris has a full season and is into the 2nd round of the playoffs and is playing the exact bottom 6 role I said Norris could play - but for some reason Norris can’t do it.

Why this is such s stretch I have no idea. Seems to me with his game that doesn’t require PP or an offensive role he’s more then likely to break in then not

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
So many people picking on Tuna, but they are not wrong. Norris is a talent that could definitely jump right in, but I agree that we shouldn't expect Norris to excel. Admittedly it would probably make tanking easier regardless, which I know is a popular sentiment here...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Okay, so many fans here expect Formenton (2nd round pick same draft) and Batherson (4th round pick same draft) to be in the NHL lineup next year - and Rob Thomas who is a C drafted 1 spot after Norris has a full season and is into the 2nd round of the playoffs and is playing the exact bottom 6 role I said Norris could play - but for some reason Norris can’t do it.

Why this is such s stretch I have no idea. Seems to me with his game that doesn’t require PP or an offensive role he’s more then likely to break in then not
Because Robert Thomas was a top 3 player in the CHL as an 18 year old. He's just a better prospect/player, it's common knowledge...

Formenton should be in the AHL as well.

Batherson is a year older and has already been a top 3 player in the Q and a top 3 rookie in the AHL, and should be in the AHL next year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Because Robert Thomas was a top 3 player in the CHL as an 18 year old. He's just a better prospect/player, it's common knowledge...

Batherson is a year older and has already been a top 3 player in the Q and a top 3 rookie in the AHL, and should be in the AHL next year.

So If you have Norris (and every other NHL prospect) so perfectly projected what’s he going to be doing next year? How about Formenton who Boucher wanted to play a full season, and I guess you knew Lajoie would be a starter

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So If you have Norris (and every other NHL prospect) so perfectly projected what’s he going to be doing next year? How about Formenton who Boucher wanted to play a full season, and I guess you knew Lajoie would be a starter
Definitely don't have perfect projections; better than some guys, worse than others.

Next year he will either go back to Michigan and sign on for a cup of coffee in March, or sign and slot into the AHL.

The same Boucher who wanted Formenton to play is the same Boucher that didn't want Chabot to play? Not really a very good benchmark to use.

No, definitely didn't know Lajoie was a starter, and I really don't think he's currently an NHLer. I definitely don't think he should be in the NHL next year, on any other team in the league at least. He will be in the AHL to start next year regardless, unless they want him to be the 7th guy, if they don't plan on signing any plugs, not even taking into account the chance of Brannstrom getting a spot.

Chabot/Demelo/Harper/Boro/Wolanin/Jaros

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Here's 3 proposals for trades...

To Toronto: CBJ 1st 2019, Demelo, OTT 2nd 2020
To Ottawa: Nylander

To Nashville: Ceci, Chlapik, OTT 2nd 2019
To Ottawa: Subban

To Montreal: Pageau, Pit 3rd 2019
To Ottawa: MTL 1st 2019

Makes us a lot better now... thoughts?

No to Nylander. He is a soft perimeter player. We don't need to waste salary and cap space on non playoff performers.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We saw Charley Macvoy (#14 pick) go from 2 years college straugjt ti playing 20 minutes a night in the playoffs vs Ottawa two years ago.

This isn’t a stretch at all. Tons of 1st round picks with 2 years CHL or college go straight to the pros.
Juolevi went 5th, Pulj went 4th . How many teams would pick McAvoy over Juolevi or Pulj in a redraft? I'd guess all of them. Draft is a projection. Lots of mistakes get made both ways.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Another miss at the draft by several teams ... It is not indication of where the player is today almost 3 years later . Development progresses at different rates. Robert Thomas was a steal at 20. Norris was no steal at 21. There are a few that went after him , that would go ahead of him in a redraft.
I think Norris will be ok but he should definitely start in the AHL

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Another miss at the draft by several teams ... It is not indication of where the player is today almost 3 years later . Development progresses at different rates. Robert Thomas was a steal at 20. Norris was no steal at 21. There are a few that went after him , that would go ahead of him in a redraft.
I think Norris will be ok but he should definitely start in the AHL

I disagree. Norris could still be a hell of steal, a big NHL center who plays 200 foot hockey and allows his wingers to attack. I think he’s going to be a guy who has a huge impact on the team. Lots of injuries the last 2 years that have slowed his stats line, but he’s exactly what Ottawa needs, a Rod Brindanour type center with enough offense to play with top line wingers like Brady and Batherson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I disagree. Norris could still be a hell of steal, a big NHL center who plays 200 foot hockey and allows his wingers to attack. I think he’s going to be a guy who has a huge impact on the team. Lots of injuries the last 2 years that have slowed his stats line, but he’s exactly what Ottawa needs, a Rod Brindanour type center with enough offense to play with top line wingers like Brady and Batherson

If he's Rod Brind'Amour he's a steal . I doubt he is personally.. we will wait and see..

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I could see Ottawa moving Tierney, his value is as high as it’ll get on a nice Cap hit. If Norris is ready they could flip him out.

Brown
White
Norris
Pageau
Chlapik

I think it will come down to Tierny or Pageau at some point next season probably as they approach the trade deadline since Pageau is a UFA next season. Tierny has two more yrs on his contract & while I don't see him as a staple here in Ott my guess would be that he would be moved the following yr in his UFA yr. I think as next yr progresses along they will have an idea as to how well they project Brown to be at centre in the NHL & I'm quite sure they will give Chlapik another good look in Ott before deciding what to do with him. I imagine those decisions on the centre prospects will go a long way in determining what they do with either Pageau or Tierny as well.

From what we have heard I think it is quite possible that Norris may leave school & sign with the Sens for next season. However, my guess is that he would start the yr in Belleville & get his opportunity at some point either leading up to the deadline or after the trade deadline to play some games in Ott after they have unloaded a few more players. That would also give him quite a few number of games in Belleville to get accustomed to the pro game & speed. IMO all or some of the UFAs next yr could be on the trade block including Pageau, Boro, DeMello, Anderson & Boedker & Condon for sure. Macs contract will be done next season to so he'll come off the books too. There a few duos that I like together Brown & Batherson, Tkachuk & White & Norris & Formenton would also IMO make a good duo. They just need to find the right players to compliment these duos to create three good lines.

This is a good article on Norris, this guy thinks he has #1 centre potential. If he can grow an inch & add a few lbs he could be a very difficult guy to play against since he seems to be another 200' player who is also very good defensively. A much better offensive version of Zack Smith with a very good defensive game. I don't think you are that far off on Norris tbh. If he can come in yr two & be as good as Colin White has been in his first yr that would be great for the Sens & bode well for Ott's future down the middle.
https://thehockeywriters.com/ottawa-senators-prospect-josh-norris/

We should trade for Nick Ritchie. He would be a solid addition to our bottom six.
Ott certainly has some assets that may be attractive to Ann & Richie plays RW a position where Ott could use more depth.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Norris will get a chance at camp to earn a spot. If he plays his way into the lineup he may get a chance. I don’t think the Sens will send him down if he is shredding the pre season and if others struggle. I don’t expect him to do that... but there is a wait and see element here.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Ott certainly has some assets that may be attractive to Ann & Richie plays RW a position where Ott could use more depth.

Nick Ritchie is a young, physical forward with size and skill. They aren't available that often so if we can get him we should trade for him. We don't have many prospects that have that physicality in their game so Ritchie could be a good add. I would also be a fan of adding Tom Wilson but he wouldn't be available.

It is possible that we could trade for Nick Ritchie and even sign Michael Ferland, both players bring an element that could help the Sens.

Reactions: aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If he's Rod Brind'Amour he's a steal . I doubt he is personally.. we will wait and see..

I get the impression that he could be a lot like Alex Tuch. Tuch is a bit taller and might have some more skill but I could see Norris playing a comparable style. Do you see that comparison?

Reactions: Clayonator

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I get the impression that he could be a lot like Alex Tuch. Tuch is a bit taller and might have some more skill but I could see Norris playing a comparable style. Do you see that comparison?
I see Tuch more in the mold of a power forward than Norris. I think Ryan O'Reilly stylistically is a comparable.. I don't think he is at that level though. Maybe Tyler Bozak type.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Regardless we should still trade Tierney, I agree that his value could be at its highest

I actually wonder if we could do a Kadri - Tierney swap plus additions.

Looks like Kadri maybe out the door. My guess is they would want a top 4 RHD but I'm not sure anybody will give that up for Kadri (unless they want Ceci)

If they move Kadri they still need a 3C and someone who kills penalties. Tierney might be a better fit for them considering age contract (short term - Kadri's contract Is pretty good) and PK abilities

Reactions: robsenz

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Regardless we should still trade Tierney, I agree that his value could be at its highest

I actually wonder if we could do a Kadri - Tierney swap plus additions.

Looks like Kadri maybe out the door. My guess is they would want a top 4 RHD but I'm not sure anybody will give that up for Kadri (unless they want Ceci)

If they move Kadri they still need a 3C and someone who kills penalties. Tierney might be a better fit for them considering age contract (short term - Kadri's contract Is pretty good) and PK abilities
Ceci for Kadri .. in b4

Reactions: Clayonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->