Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Duclair might be out of the NHL for good if these rumours are true about harassing women. He's defending himself on twitter saying somebody is using his picture and pretending to be him on tinder etc..

No idea if true or not but just another day of drama in the Sens organization.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Duclair might be out of the NHL for good if these rumours are true about harassing women. He's defending himself on twitter saying somebody is using his picture and pretending to be him on tinder etc..

662218_1.jpg

Reactions: 5ive4Fighting

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

I hope to god it's not Thomas Chabot's fiance causing this.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

Should be pretty easy to tell it’s a fake if they’re just using pics from his account. Unless they’re more compromising and extensive ones from his DM’s. If that’s the case whoever shared/distributed those should be sued.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Any links to source of the claims?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Any links to source of the claims?

I hadn't heard anything about this until it was posted above. Looked on his Twitter, he claims someone made a fake account with his photos. Some people in the comments seem sure that he live streamed with girls he talked to. I have no idea what kind of "harassment" he is accused of doing.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

I saw the messages the one girl posted. The person was asking her to call him repeatedly, looking for a booty call etc. Even if it is him, I don't see how this would affect his career if the Sens or somebody else wanted to sign him, not that I'm condoning harassment or anything more severe than what has been posted.

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
That hits me way deep down in the feels.

A small subsection of the fanbase still don't believe that the problem is at the top of the organization, and are willing to foll themselves into believing any scenario that conveniently allows for outgoing players to be the scapegoat, since they don't have to cheer for them anymore.

I mean, all fanbases do it (blaming outgoing players for all of the team's problems), but we do it extra hard sometimes.

Don’t you think there’s a balance to be struck though? Yes, Ottawa is a challenging place to play right now in many ways, because of the organization. But it’s also true that players we brought up from boys, and players we practically sold the farm for, had choices. There’s a difference between scapegoating them, and noting that they didn’t highly value things they could have valued. That’s could have valued - not should have valued. They’re free to go. But they should be seen as people who chose not to stay and do the hard work of being an Ottawa Senator right now, and left of their own accord, to pursue something more fun, more lucrative, more immediately rewarding, more stable, more whatever. Nothing is guaranteed in hockey, every major decision is a gamble, and they didn’t bet on us. That is as much the truth of it as anything else.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Don’t you think there’s a balance to be struck though? Yes, Ottawa is a challenging place to play right now in many ways, because of the organization. But it’s also true that players we brought up from boys, and players we practically sold the farm for, had choices. There’s a difference between scapegoating them, and noting that they didn’t highly value things they could have valued. That’s could have valued - not should have valued. They’re free to go. But they should be seen as people who chose not to stay and do the hard work of being an Ottawa Senator right now, and left of their own accord, to pursue something more fun, more lucrative, more immediately rewarding, more stable, more whatever. Nothing is guaranteed in hockey, every major decision is a gamble, and they didn’t bet on us. That is as much the truth of it as anything else.
That's like a Dean and the students blaming a professor for leaving the University for another, even though you pay less, have dozens of scandals, are run like a junior high school, and have the worst test scores in the country.

Obviously they will leave, there are no reasons to stay.

Why would they bet on us? That is like throwing your life savings on black on a red and white roulette wheel, it makes no sense. What could Stone value from us? It wasn't money, it wasn't a NTC, it wasn't being competitive, it wasn't stability...what could we offer him? The C and a hope and a dream?

Reactions: saskriders

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
That's like a Dean and the students blaming a professor for leaving the University for another, even though you pay less, have dozens of scandals, are run like a junior high school, and have the worst test scores in the country.

Why would they bet on us? That is like throwing your life savings on black on a red and white roulette wheel, it makes no sense. What could Stone value from us? It wasn't money, it wasn't a NTC, it wasn't being competitive, it wasn't stability...what could we offer him? The C and a hope and a dream?

How many people that blame the players would stay at an unfulfilling relatively low paying job when they have an offer for a better higher paying one?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Oh cheese and rice
When i forget to pull something outfor my lunch the night before, I'll cook up some rice in the rice cooker and mix in some cheezewhiz after its cooked. Top it with some salsa and you have an instant lunch with minimal effort. It's a perfect lunch for a sens fan... Cheap and minimal substance

Reactions: Clayonator

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink

It's not about "blaming". It's about noting that your teacher left you - you and your shitty test scores and challenging environment - rather than staying and committing to the difficult work with, yes, a hope and a dream. It's actually a bad analogy, because I can guarantee you the best teachers do not flee the worst places.

If Mark Stone, for example, signed with Ottawa and said "It's been a challenging time for us, and leaving the team behind, especially now, was just something I didn't want to do. My heart is here, in this city and with these fans and this team, and while nobody is happy with where we are in the standings, I want to be part of the solution. Pierre and my agents worked extremely hard to find areas of compromise and I'm content with where we arrived. I am honoured to be the captain of the Ottawa Senators, and am excited for the future and the for the role I can play with our young guys."

You would have though he was what, an idiot?

I respect the choice he made. I would have respected the choice to stay infinitely more. It's all such a massive gamble - what player on the move wouldn't have loved to have been shipped to TB in February? There is risk on all sides in hockey, that everybody tries to anticipate and mitigate. Still, it's fundamentally a crap shoot. He could have stayed, and that's all I'm lobbying for people to remember.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The Duclair stuff obviously is a "innocent until proven guilty" thing, but it doesn't look great for the giy right now.

Two former teammates are basically low-key calling Duclair's excuses B.S. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A small subsection of the fanbase still don't believe that the problem is at the top of the organization, and are willing to foll themselves into believing any scenario that conveniently allows for outgoing players to be the scapegoat, since they don't have to cheer for them anymore.

I mean, all fanbases do it (blaming outgoing players for all of the team's problems), but we do it extra hard sometimes.
There are problems everywhere. At the top. In the middle. In the players room. It just seems many want to say it is only up top. And others want to blame the players exclusively. There is a lot of blame to go around

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This Duclair story is so typical of the Ottawa Senators. What else is new

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dorion sounded sort of on the fence about bringing Duclair back even before the shitstorm. This obviously won't help his cause.

Then again, the Sens stood with Handy Lee for about as long as they could so who knows.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Assuming it was actually him doing it, it sounds less like harassment and more like an annoying loser who shouldn’t need to try that hard being in the NHL. Michael Del Zotto got called our for that by a certain “actress” he used to date.

Jeeze, enough with this Kardashian level off ice shit already.

Reactions: gab6511

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Dorion sounded sort of on the fence about bringing Duclair back even before the ****storm. This obviously won't help his cause.

Then again, the Sens stood with Handy Lee for about as long as they could so who knows.

What interview are you referencing with Dorion? Not accusing you of being wrong, I'd just be curious to hear it. Dorion seemed to talk pretty positively about Duclair in most interviews I remember, but I might just be mis-remembering.

I speculated about this right after the trade, but I thought it was plausible that if Duclair's performance was anything but fantastic, that the Sens probably wouldn't qualify him, because at the time he was on pace for 15-20 goals and was on pace to have almost 300 career games. That's a player that with a soft arbitrator might get 2-3 million.

I think it's less likely now since he was actually good, and if we have to pay him 2-3 million for one year, who cares....but maybe if money is tighter than we think, they might not want to risk having to pay Duclair on a 1 year arbitration ruling. As good as Duclair was down the stretch, he has had an inconsistent career.

If they didn't want to qualify him because of cash, and if these allegations are true, that works out for Melnyk and Dorion. They can release a player who was extremely popular at the end of the season and use the alleged harassment as an excuse for not qualifying him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's another example of the world we live in now, even on here someone misinterprets what is said & we spend pages arguing over what the other person said about the post instead of what was actually said. We live in a surveillance state now where every online remark, every pic & everything else is dissected, attacked & commented on from almost everyone on the planet. And no one is out of bounds, they attack, women, children, pets, religions, races, everything is under the microscope & targeted because of anybodies pet peeves or bigotry it seems. This doesn't excuse any bad behaviour but man it seems like it's becoming a daily confrontation over sometimes meaningless stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad