Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
Would you?

Kessel

for

Zibby & a 1st

Seeing as we have quite a stock pile of talent at this point and with Alfie's retirement on the horizon, would it not be good to get a proven goal scorer to sure up our offence?

We have a lot of young talent but none who are top line ready for the immediate future. With maybe only Silfverberg being the only exception would you go for Kessel?

We would have to add much more than that lol... Not close value wise, and Toronto gives up there only real offensive threat for a couple maybes....

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Would you?

Kessel

for

Zibby & a 1st

Seeing as we have quite a stock pile of talent at this point and with Alfie's retirement on the horizon, would it not be good to get a proven goal scorer to sure up our offence?

We have a lot of young talent but none who are top line ready for the immediate future. With maybe only Silfverberg being the only exception would you go for Kessel?

Why would Toronto do this? They want to win now. They're not down for more rebuilds. Burke was their chance at that. Now its time to go in another direction. If anything I see the Leafs trading guys like Kadri etc for NHL players to make a major push to be a playoff threat.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Why would Toronto do this? They want to win now. They're not down for more rebuilds. Burke was their chance at that. Now its time to go in another direction. If anything I see the Leafs trading guys like Kadri etc for NHL players to make a major push to be a playoff threat.

Should I tell him, or does someone else want to?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Would you?

Kessel

for

Zibby & a 1st

for 1 1/2 years of Kessel? Nope.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
New jersey will eventually need to replace Brodeur so I assume they will be in the market for a good young goalie & they have a number of good young defencemen. I doubt Murray could get Jon Merril & he would be my first choice but Urbom may be a decent next option & he is NHL ready. A Bishop for Urbom straight up is probably the most likely deal to be made but I wouldn't mind seeing Murray expand that to include Matheau.

To NJ: Bishop G, Da Costa C & Prince LW
To Ottawa: Stephan Matheau C & Alexander Urbom LD

Why give up 3 good prospects to get 2 good prospects? Are Matteau and Urbom blue chip prospects?

Urbom is a "potential" 2nd pairing defensive D-man (Da Costa is at least worth him), Matteau is a potential less productive Nick Foligno... I wouldn't give up Prince AND Bishop for him...

I fail to see what that trade accomplishes for the Sens? Don't worry, the team is already "big" enough... smallest player is Alfredsson at 5'11

Spezza+ or Cowen + Turris +

Spezza + ????

We really have to add?

I thought Sens players had a bit of value after last season...

I'd trade Spezza for Benn any day.

OF course, grass is always greener on the other side syndrome. It's very real.

Anyway, it sucks that Jamie Benn has to become overated already. Great player but I'd bet that he doesn't even get a better scoring pace than last year. He will never reach Spezza's level IMO.

Just shows how much Spezza is unappreciated.

Red Wings should have traded Nicklas Lidstrom for a young D-man on the rise 10 years ago... :shakehead

What's funny also is that Milan Michalek had 66 pts in his 2nd NHL season and outscored Jamie Benn best season... It doesn't change the fact that many people don't even care about Michalek at all, they'd trade him a for a D prospect

Again, this is a classic example of people thinking their own players are priceless commodities that they would never deal. Just look at the Foligno-Methot deal. Most people were outraged at the time because we lost a guy we were familiar with for a new piece that we were unfamiliar with. Now, a lot of people (including myself) have changed their opinions on the deal before the season has even started because we've adjusted to the change.

Good point but it goes both ways... Some people are really undervaluing Sens players... The thing is that reality is somewhere in the middle most of the time. What started this little debate was that we'd have to ADD on Jason Spezza to get Jamie Benn... Sounds a bit ridiculous, no?

This is your only argument. ''Why didn't he play more?'' Well, not all coaches are smart, and most favor proven veterans, etc. Could be anything.

Well, you really should avoid statements like that, it makes you look ignorant. Let's see what you accomplish in life first.

Yeah Lehner is clearly a can't miss - there hasn't been any history of goalie prospects not panning out as expected ever.

Did you know that Robin Lehner is among a select group of 4 guys who have won the Cader Cup and MVP at a very young age... Patrick Roy, Carey Price and Gordie Bell are the other ones.

Robin Lehner is the 4th teenaged goaltender to win the #CalderCup, following Carey Price (2007), Patrick Roy (1985) and Gordie Bell (1943)

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

They've been rebuilding during Burkes tenure? Could of fooled me.

Making the playoffs only to get eliminated in the first round is not much of an accomplishment. They don't have the parts to acquire anything of significance to be considered contenders. A TRUE rebuild is needed in TO.

Also I would do Zibby, 1st if somehow it was guaranteed that Kessel signs an extension in Ott, doubt that'll happen though

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
for 1 1/2 years of Kessel? Nope.

I would think we would have a better chance at resigning Kessel than Toronto would. I don't think Kessel will stick around and resign. He has a NTC in his final season and if Toronto can't sign him they will have to trade him. If Toronto sucks this season it most likely to happen.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I would think we would have a better chance at resigning Kessel than Toronto would. I don't think Kessel will stick around and resign. He has a NTC in his final season and if Toronto can't sign him they will have to trade him. If Toronto sucks this season it most likely to happen.

But we don't want kessel and management won't go after him.

Are you guys trolling or really think these are good ideas?

WhiteLight*

OF course, grass is always greener on the other side syndrome. It's very real.

Not always, but sometimes it definitely is

Anyway, it sucks that Jamie Benn has to become overated already. Great player but I'd bet that he doesn't even get a better scoring pace than last year. He will never reach Spezza's level IMO.

Just shows how much Spezza is unappreciated.

Red Wings should have traded Nicklas Lidstrom for a young D-man on the rise 10 years ago... :shakehead

And here we go, Spezza being compared to Lidstrom.

:facepalm:

Benn scoring more per minute of ice time last season than Spezza is an indication that he can certainly improve his pace. The guy is 23, and is a late bloomer to begin with.

This guy has displayed tremendous development and keeps sky rocketing up the charts. I wouldn't bet against him if I were you.

What's funny also is that Milan Michalek had 66 pts in his 2nd NHL season and outscored Jamie Benn best season... It doesn't change the fact that many people don't even care about Michalek at all, they'd trade him a for a D prospect

That season Michalek was the same age as Benn was in 2011-12, and played with Joe Thornton. Scoring was much higher then.

Benn also had a better points per game. People seem to forget he only played 71 games last year.

Well, you really should avoid statements like that, it makes you look ignorant. Let's see what you accomplish in life first.

You think because coaches/managers are in the NHL they are perfect. Well they're far from it.

Clouston got **** on a ton. Did you call out those people as well?

You can't seriously tell me with a straight face that Mike Ribeiro, Loui Eriksson, Michael Ryder and Brendan Morrow all deserved more PP time than Jamie Benn. Can you?

No kitten.

That gets me every time. lol

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Let's not make this a pissing match..if you don't like someones trade proposal feel free to discuss that proposal and then move on. No need to get personal and attack someone who has a different opinion.

simplefan

May 25, 2008
What about C. Perry?

Bryan Murray would be really interested to acquire him.

Which players/picks are you ready to part with for the 50 goal scorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad