Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageAtBest

Feb 2, 2011
Raymond and a top-6 d-man to Ottawa

Raymond could benefit from a change of scenery, Ottawa would be a good fit if they don't want Silfverberg in the top-6 right away. They also need a defenseman with NHL experience.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Confirmed with link?

Our forwards are set. The D can be dealt by our prospects and/or minor signings.

General Granny*

Lol they begged Silver to stay last season, after an MVP season and leading the best AHL team at a PPG pace doesn't hurt his chances.

Plus they want Silver in the top 6 right away that they added him in a heated playoff series in his first NA pro games plus we had Butler, Condra rotating in our top 6 last season, I don't think they are worried about Silver.

I think the bigger question is Latendresse.

AverageAtBest

Feb 2, 2011
Lol they begged Silver to stay last season, after an MVP season and leading the best AHL team at a PPG pace doesn't hurt his chances.

Plus they want Silver in the top 6 right away that they added him in a heated playoff series in his first NA pro games plus we had Butler, Condra rotating in our top 6 last season, I don't think they are worried about Silver.

I certainly agree

Jan 9, 2011
Victoria, BC

this says it all

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010

One would think they'd prefer to go for gold instead of silver :sarcasm:

HappyGilmour

Elite level stamina
Oct 9, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
What about Nick Leddy?

Hey all,

What do you guys think about making a pitch for Nick Leddy? We are pretty banged up on the back end, and he would be an amazing fit given his high level of stamina. Could you imagine him and Cronda on the power play together, late in the game?

Discuss.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
OK, so:

1) Again with the Condra thing? Dude's going to file a restraining order on you sooner than later, man... :laugh: :sarcasm:

2) I would love, love, LOVE Leddy on this team, but Chicago's asking price is going to be more than we'll probably want to stomach. Start at Mark Stone and a high draft pick (at least), and keep adding, IMO.

*EDIT*
3) Discuss.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
erk candra can play defence for us and zibby could take his spot, brilliant

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Posted this in another thread, but this seems like the better place for it:

I'd love to see us try to pry one of Buffalo's defenceman loose. The Sabres have more NHL defenceman than they can even keep on their roster:

Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, Pardy, Weber (not Shea), Sulzer, Brennan... one of those guys could suit up for us this year (and possibly beyond, depending on who we'd target / who's available.)

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Might be worth a call to NYI regarding Visnovsky. He really doesn't want to play for the Islanders, maybe our situation is more appealing to him?

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Like too see Ottawa make a pitch for a Brandon Gormley for

Cowen Karlsson
Gormley Ceci

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Might be worth a call to NYI regarding Visnovsky. He really doesn't want to play for the Islanders, maybe our situation is more appealing to him?

You missed the whole Snow/Nabokov standoff? Nabokov saying he's not coming and maybe will retire. Snow telling him if he wants to play, he'll play on LI. A yr later, Nabokov is a ufa and signs a 1 yr extension.

One of our mods descibed Snow as being like the mean girl in HS, the one who gets nasty when she finds she's been ditched for someone else.

Vis would need Snow's consent to stay with his hometown team. With the isles badly needing Vis in their top 4, what are the chances Snow says 'fine, best of luck Vis' ?

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
WHAT IS THIS?

MY Trade proposal thread XXX was locked up because of off season and was said to start once hockey was back on. Don't you create another Mister!

unlock 30!

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Posted this in another thread, but this seems like the better place for it:

I'd love to see us try to pry one of Buffalo's defenceman loose. The Sabres have more NHL defenceman than they can even keep on their roster:

Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, Pardy, Weber (not Shea), Sulzer, Brennan... one of those guys could suit up for us this year (and possibly beyond, depending on who we'd target / who's available.)

Well I typed up a huge response to this, had another window open, came back to this one and it refreshed, deleting the whole thing, so heres a cliff notes version haha.

They wont move Erhoff to one of their main competitors for that 8th spot, as well as a divisional rival.

Regehr and Leopold fit this team perfectly, and they both expire this year. They would be solid Cowen replacements in the top 4.

Regehr is probably a little overpaid at 4 million, so that might lower his value. But he is one of my favorite players, a physical beast like Volchenkov. Aka the type of player you win with in the playoffs.

I wonder how enticing Da Costa, and / or Petersson, plus a 3rd or something is for Regehr? Da Costa and a 3rd is probably better than Petersson + 3rd, but would that be enough (rivals have to overpay)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well I typed up a huge response to this, had another window open, came back to this one and it refreshed, deleting the whole thing, so heres a cliff notes version haha.

They wont move Erhoff to one of their main competitors for that 8th spot, as well as a divisional rival.

Regehr and Leopold fit this team perfectly, and they both expire this year. They would be solid Cowen replacements in the top 4.

Regehr is probably a little overpaid at 4 million, so that might lower his value. But he is one of my favorite players, a physical beast like Volchenkov. Aka the type of player you win with in the playoffs.

I wonder how enticing Da Costa, and / or Petersson, plus a 3rd or something is for Regehr? Da Costa and a 3rd is probably better than Petersson + 3rd, but would that be enough (rivals have to overpay)

would love regehr on the team. not sure i would do the da costa deal, but i would do the petersson deal in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad