Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So trade Spezza who has very good chemistry with our Norris winner in "hopes" that he can contribute and make the players around him better like Spezza has?

No thanks

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With Trevor Daley and Steve Ott... The sheer amount of minutes he got on the PP were low too.

Ribeiro is very good on the PP, which is why he played over Benn.

Benn should have had more ice time on the PP. Who the **** knows why he didn't. You should ask the coach.

This is your only argument. ''Why didn't he play more?'' Well, not all coaches are smart, and most favor proven veterans, etc. Could be anything.

uhm, Eriksson was on his PP line for 70% of his PP mins. Hardly a scrub.

Ribero had Ryder and Morrow. Between the options, I'd take Eriksson and Ott anyday.

And as far as you saying he was more productive at ES with worse line mates, that is somewhat of a subjective claim.

His top 3 ES mates were Eriksson Ryder and Ott. Spezza had Michalek, Greening and Butler.

No question who had better support at forward. Spezza did get the edge having Karlsson though.

Benn's ES/g = .73
Spezza's ES pts/g = .75

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Maloney says the Yotes have a deal on the table just waiting to be signed off on by the other team. Should be the first significant movement if it comes to pass

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Waiver wire today: Joe Finley interests me.

Absolutely atrocious of a hockey player who makes Labrie look like a superstar. Are you interested in him being given a 25-game tryout contract in the Elmira Jackets organization?

WhiteLight*

uhm, Eriksson was on his PP line for 70% of his PP mins. Hardly a scrub.

Ribero had Ryder and Morrow. Between the options, I'd take Eriksson and Ott anyday.

And as far as you saying he was more productive at ES with worse line mates, that is somewhat of a subjective claim.

His top 3 ES mates were Eriksson Ryder and Ott. Spezza had Michalek, Greening and Butler.

No question who had better support at forward. Spezza did get the edge having Karlsson though.

Benn's ES/g = .73
Spezza's ES pts/g = .75

Benn had much much less PP time. Total PP time plays a big role in how many PP points you put up.

He also had Trevor Daley and ? instead of Robidas and Goligoski on the PP.

Ott was Benn's #1.

Michalek was Spezza #1. He hardly played with Butler at all. It was pretty much Greening - Spezza - Michalek the whole season.

Spezza also had Erik Karlsson as a top linemate, which you conveniently forget. It's like having an extra 1st line winger. Seems like you conveniently forget a lot of things.

Finally, Benn's Pts/ice time > Spezza's.

TheOriginalSilf*

Didn't Benn clearly state that he never wants to play in Canada anyways?

Yup. Incredibly shy guy that doesn't like to be in the spotlight, apparently.

Again, this deal would never happen. All hypothetical discussion based on trade value.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
At least I know more about Benn than you do.

You completely shoot it down and say it would the team worse, but you don't anything about the player being acquired.

You ''forgot'' Benn played centre, yet you know for sure Spezza is better there.

Spezza is slightly better right now, but that could change very quickly and Benn's all around play makes it a slam dunk.

i've seen benn play and i've seen him play at center. he's awesome. but does dallas go on without him? does ottawa go on without spezza?
you're agreeing spezza is better. so yeah, i completely shot it down.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Can’t see how Sens can be on the Yandle hunt, especially since PHO is looking for a 2nd line C. Turris won’t be traded, and PHO won’t take Turris back (much like Ottawa won’t take Heater/Yashin back). Zibanejad and Da Costa are prospects with potential, not 2nd line centres.

I don’t see Ottawa being in the hunt for Yandle (or any other PHO defenceman), especially if Phoenix is looking for a 2nd line C as rumoured.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Murray did say he spoke with a team (or teams?) that had a surplus of defense. Phoenix certainly fits that description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad