Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Hjalmarsson (is that how you spell it?) for Bishop would be awesome.

I wonder if Chicago fans would like that - I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for more.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The only trade I really want to see would be goalie depth for a defensemen,

How about Bishop for Hjarmalsson?

i like that. Or bishop for another quality top 4 d. Even bishop+

(i'm not high on bishop, but he might have some good value)

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Bishop+Da Costa for Leddy and a 6th I'd do in a heartbeat

I like Leddy a little, but find him kind of small 5'11"/176 listed I think. Karlsson has that covered.

Bishop has to bring us back a 1st or an elite prospect I think. He's NHL ready and better than almost everyone's No2.

Murray needs to wait until he sees where Anderson is before deciding who plays nets where I think. Lehner to Binghamton is the eay solution; but Robin will push I'm sure to make him blink.

Anderson, at the right time, wouold bring us a bigger return than Bishop I think.

I'm a fan though of keeping the stacked hand for a while at least. Took 20 years to get that depth; might as well see if for a year, even if it's a shortie.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What about Colten Tuebert in Edmonton - might be that big, tough RD we are looking for. Or is this Eryk Gryba already.

EDM: Bishop, Condra
OTT: Tuebert

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What about Colten Tuebert in Edmonton - might be that big, tough RD we are looking for. Or is this Eryk Gryba already.

I wouldn't trade either of those guys alone for Teubert, let alone them both in a package. High pick, low results.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

I dont see the rush to get Bishop out of town. I realize we are a little thin on D but we should see what the kids can do before trading an asset. IMO opinion Bishop will be a #1 goalie in the NHL and trading him for a 4-6 dman seems silly.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I'd do that deal, while I like Gryba, I think Teubert is the better player & may be the tougher player as well, while Gryba may have a tad more offence to his game. Teubert was with Team Canada in the WJC team for a yr or two. Trading Condra with Bishop would open up a roster spot for Stone on RW as well, I like that.

Tristqc

Mar 22, 2009
Gatineau
Trying to show interest in this thread cause I posted in the wrong one. So yeah, Hjalmarsson would be great!

Last edited:

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I like Leddy a little, but find him kind of small 5'11"/176 listed I think. Karlsson has that covered.

Bishop has to bring us back a 1st or an elite prospect I think. He's NHL ready and better than almost everyone's No2.

Murray needs to wait until he sees where Anderson is before deciding who plays nets where I think. Lehner to Binghamton is the easy solution; but Robin will push I'm sure to make him blink.

Anderson, at the right time, would bring us a bigger return than Bishop I think.

I'm a fan though of keeping the stacked hand for a while at least. Took 20 years to get that depth; might as well see if for a year, even if it's a shortie.

Are you sure Anderson would bring a higher return than Bishop? :shakehead

So, we what are we going to do we are 3 goalies when only 1 can play?

Want to keep them around and unhappy for 20 years?

There's no way Bishop brings back a 1st or an elite prospect.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I'd do that deal, while I like Gryba, I think Teubert is the better player & may be the tougher player as well, while Gryba may have a tad more offence to his game. Teubert was with Team Canada in the WJC team for a yr or two. Trading Condra with Bishop would open up a roster spot for Stone on RW as well, I like that.

Stone and Zibby would good there, maybe even Noessen can do a 6 game tryout, he seems like Condra mold player until he can be big and strong enough to play the 2nd line RW spot.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Isn't Teubert considered a bust by many?

Trading away Bishop now sounds like a bad idea. Then we're stuck calling Lehner up to sit on the bench during a 50 game season. Or we have to sign a ****** back up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stone and Zibby would good there, maybe even Noessen can do a 6 game tryout, he seems like Condra mold player until he can be big and strong enough to play the 2nd line RW spot.

I read in the paper this morning that neither junior player would get any games to start the season. I guess with only 48 games Maclean does not want to risk anything & will dress their best from the start.

General Granny*

Umm are we talking about the same person here? Noesen already has the size to be a top 6 guy, I believe he is bigger than both Turris and Silfverberg, the issue with Noesen is that he still needs to refine his all around game, his skating, balance, quickness etc, he's only 19 and needs at least a year in Bingo. He is not no where in the same mold as Condra, he at least has the hands and isn't soft as butter.

TheOriginalSilf*

Do NOT want Teubert. Terrible proposal. We're not the ones adding to Bishop if we get Teubert.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

I'm not seeing the value here. Condra is a movable asset, but moving out a goalie for this is actually quite crap IMO.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Do NOT want Teubert. Terrible proposal. We're not the ones adding to Bishop if we get Teubert.

Teubert has an upside to be a bottom pairing Dman and is a good tough player. Remember when Chara got here and he couldn't skate?
\
Tuebert has a lot of room to grow and he has 24 NHL games, it's not like he is a bust - he's still young and has lot's of upside, especially in a place like Ottawa were Maclean would just ask him to play solid in his end and beat people up who screw with your teammates - our D needs a guy like this since Carkner left

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I've just posted a proposal: Bishop +

Columbus has already traded for Bobrovsky. Doubt they want Bishop. They need forward prospects more.

Valuewise, I still think Ottawa needs to add something decent, then again I am high on Savard.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This is the Heatley debate summed up - Heatley scores but does he help you win? There are players that do lot's of flashy things on the ice, Semin, Heatley, Gaborik, Kessel - but a lot of people think you do not win with these types of players.

I don't like soft 1 dimensional players, I think you are just looking at the stats line and overvaluing Kessel - Boston traded him away when he was about to break through so that must mean something - I think it means he doesn't help your team win. Patrice Bergeron is a winner, that's why you pay him and trade Kessel
I don't Kessel was thrilled to go to toronto at first. He doesn't seem like a big city type. The surroundings in Ottawa might make fit in better. When we had the Pizza line we were an unstoppable team. With a healthy Hasek we could have been a dynasty. The one thing Kessel has over Michalek is vision. he can setup line mates as much as he scores. Wouldn't mind having 1 all out offensive player. With Alfie nearing retirement and many pretty young players needing experience, having a player with that skill set would be a welcomed addition to sure up scoring.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Murray just said today its not looking good that we will find another Dman.

We will probably have to roll with 2 of the bsens at least.

General Granny*

Good, go with Weircioch and one of Benoit/Boro, some team will get desperate for a goalie mid season and will overpay for one of our guys, looking at you Chicago.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Are you sure Anderson would bring a higher return than Bishop? :shakehead

So, we what are we going to do we are 3 goalies when only 1 can play?

Want to keep them around and unhappy for 20 years?

There's no way Bishop brings back a 1st or an elite prospect.

Had to step away or I'd answer sooner.

I'm okay with moving one if the return is elite, not a stop-gap. That said, since this is a short year, let Murray take his time. The pressure to move one of these guys will mount for sure, but the demand will as well. If Lehner plays another 4 months in Binghamton because he's got the two-way, then he should do it knowing it'll get fixed in the off season. Maybe he ges another deep playoff run out of it as well. Bishop can't get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->