Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Murray says nothing much available on the trade market. May still pursue a UFA defenseman but will wait a few days to make that decision.

Seems like whether they add a UFA vet will depend on how Borowiecki and Benoit perform in camp/early in the season.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Murray says nothing much available on the trade market. May still pursue a UFA defenseman but will wait a few days to make that decision.

Seems like whether they add a UFA vet will depend on how Borowiecki and Benoit perform in camp/early in the season.
Have to think Benoit has the leg up on that competition.

Wier looks like he's starting the season with Gonchar, so we're looking for a partner for Phillips. Benoit will allow Phillips to stay on the left side, but if we go by last year, if Boro plays with him Phillips will have to flip to the right side.

OMadahey

Nov 21, 2012
capital city
Are you sure Anderson would bring a higher return than Bishop? :shakehead

So, we what are we going to do we are 3 goalies when only 1 can play?

Want to keep them around and unhappy for 20 years?

There's no way Bishop brings back a 1st or an elite prospect.

He was traded for a 2nd last deadline. And since then has played good. He was outstanding in the NHL games he played last year and has been great with lehner in the ahl. I'd think he would atleast get us a low to mid 1st or a top prospect

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Patty wiercioch making the team out of camp and playing top-4 minutes. Who would have predicted that a year ago?

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Patty wiercioch making the team out of camp and playing top-4 minutes. Who would have predicted that a year ago?

People would have predicted this two years ago. When we first drafted him, Dorion said it would take 3-5 years for this to finally mature and become a consistent NHL calibre player. When we signed him two years into his NCAA career his development was accelerated and everyone though he would make the team right away and soon as he hit a curb people were dissapointed in him. I am happy that he is performing and potentially making this team, we need some young prospects to make the jump.

I know Sandin is a thing of the past and Peterrson is an unknown but we could potentially have five 2008 draft picks make the team in the next two years. Karlsson, Wiercoich, Grant, Borowicki, and Smith.

General Granny*

Mark Fistric for a 3rd. I probably would have been okay with a move like that. Oilers are gearing up.

lol no. 6th or 7th sure.

No wonder Murray can't make a deal for a Dman, that is an insane price for a guy with 2 points last season.

Better go with the Bingo guys.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
I like patty making the team. Always thought of him as a project prospect and I'm sure someone can quote me on saying that he won't be ready until he's 22-23 at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad