Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Benn had much much less PP time. Total PP time plays a big role in how many PP points you put up.

He also had Trevor Daley and ? instead of Robidas and Goligoski on the PP.
The second Dman on his PP unit was usually Souray or Goglioski (39% of the time each).

Here are there primary PP pairings,
STEPHANE ROBIDAS ALEX GOLIGOSKI 31.28%
TREVOR DALEY ALEX GOLIGOSKI 15.72%
TREVOR DALEY SHELDON SOURAY 13.19%
STEPHANE ROBIDAS SHELDON SOURAY 10.23%

That represents over 70% of the Teams PP TOI

Ott was Benn's #1.
Spezza spent more of his ice time with Greening than Benn did with Ott. Just because Spezza's linemates were more consistant doesn't make them better.

Benn on the other hand spent about the same amount of time with Ott (51%), Eriksson(47%) and Ryder (47%). Daily (35%) was on about the same as Robidas (31%) and Souray (29% these two were usually together) and followed by Goglioski at 28%. Unlike Ottawa, Dalas had depth at offensive defencemen.
Michalek was Spezza #1. He hardly played with Butler at all. It was pretty much Greening - Spezza - Michalek the whole season.
Butler was with Spezza about 20% of his ES time. Not insignificant., but again, more consistant line mates isn't necessarily better line mates.

Spezza also had Erik Karlsson as a top linemate, which you conveniently forget. It's like having an extra 1st line winger. Seems like you conveniently forget a lot of things.
Refer back to my point about Depth on D. Otherwise, I've admitted Spezza benefits from Karlsson.

Finally, Benn's Pts/ice time > Spezza's.

That's fair, but I still contest your argument about better line mates.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Yandle most likely to end up in Colorado imo, could also see a trade based around Gagner and Rundblad on the table..

also; Per garrioch:

@SunGarrioch

The Senators are looking for D but don't think they'll rush into anything. Want to see what they've got

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
They've had some filthy uniforms in the past...

Found these in NHL 12:

502A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_eOO.jpg

WhiteLight*

The second Dman on his PP unit was usually Souray or Goglioski (39% of the time each).

Here are there primary PP pairings,
STEPHANE ROBIDAS ALEX GOLIGOSKI 31.28%
TREVOR DALEY ALEX GOLIGOSKI 15.72%
TREVOR DALEY SHELDON SOURAY 13.19%
STEPHANE ROBIDAS SHELDON SOURAY 10.23%

That represents over 70% of the Teams PP TOI

Spezza spent more of his ice time with Greening than Benn did with Ott. Just because Spezza's linemates were more consistant doesn't make them better.

Benn on the other hand spent about the same amount of time with Ott (51%), Eriksson(47%) and Ryder (47%). Daily (35%) was on about the same as Robidas (31%) and Souray (29% these two were usually together) and followed by Goglioski at 28%. Unlike Ottawa, Dalas had depth at offensive defencemen.

Butler was with Spezza about 20% of his ES time. Not insignificant., but again, more consistant line mates isn't necessarily better line mates.

Refer back to my point about Depth on D. Otherwise, I've admitted Spezza benefits from Karlsson.

That's fair, but I still contest your argument about better line mates.

When Benn wasn't with Eriksson and Ryder, he was with Burish, Fiddler, Nystrom and other crap.... Spezza had better linemates for the most part and they were consistent, which helps to build chemistry.

Also, Benn spent 80% of his PP time with Daley. Souray and Goligoski 39% of the time each.

He was clearly on the 2nd unit.

Also, Eriksson/Dallas are crap on the PP.

No surprise Benn's production mostly came 5-on-5, where he beats Spezza in Pts/ice time with no Karlsson back there.

None of this is even mentioning Benn's all around game and being 6 years younger.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Tomas Hickey has been waived. Some team will surely take a look at him. Jordan Hendry is the only name I could see us bothering to claim.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hickey could be interesting but he really hasn't done a thing at the NHL level since being drafted.

Yes, especially considering he hasn't played a single NHL game yet. Like Wiercioch, I believe his game will translate better to the NHL rather than AHL but its pretty clear this guy will never live up to his draft status. This was a terrible pick at the time and now in hindsight. Imagine LA if they had taken Alzner instead of Hickey and Myers instead of Teubert.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What would the price be for Demers? Im assuming they want a roster player. Greening?

General Granny*

Yandle to Colorado makes too much sense seeing how they are having trouble signing Oreilly.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
When Benn wasn't with Eriksson and Ryder, he was with Burish, Fiddler, Nystrom and other crap.... Spezza had better linemates for the most part and they were consistent, which helps to build chemistry.
Nystrom... Fidler? Jesus, he played < 6 minutes with Fidler at ES. Come on... At least he had 28 mins with Nystrom, but stop grasping at straws. I'll give you Burrish, but I think Spezza's time with Butler more than makes up for that.
Also, Benn spent 80% of his PP time with Daley. Souray and Goligoski 39% of the time each.

He was clearly on the 2nd unit.
Yes, because the pairings were Daley with Souray, and Daley with Goligoski.
He spent some time both units, though more on the second. The most frequent PP with him on it way Ryder, Eriksson and Benn. His second most frequent line mate on the PP were Ott and Eriksson, which was probably the result of Eriksson being double shifted.
Also, Eriksson/Dallas are crap on the PP.
Chicken or the egg?

No surprise Benn's production mostly came 5-on-5, where he beats Spezza in Pts/ice time with no Karlsson back there.

None of this is even mentioning Benn's all around game and being 6 years younger.

WhiteLight*

Nystrom... Fidler? Jesus, he played < 6 minutes with Fidler at ES. Come on... At least he had 28 mins with Nystrom, but stop grasping at straws. I'll give you Burrish, but I think Spezza's time with Butler more than makes up for that.

Yes, because the pairings were Daley with Souray, and Daley with Goligoski.
He spent some time both units, though more on the second. The most frequent PP with him on it way Ryder, Eriksson and Benn. His second most frequent line mate on the PP were Ott and Eriksson, which was probably the result of Eriksson being double shifted.

Chicken or the egg?

My point is, he played half the season with legit top 6 wingers (Eriksson/Ryder, 47% of the time each) and the other half with Ott and crap.

For arguments sake let's say that = Michalek and Greening.

Spezza had a superior supporting cast out side that (Karlsson).

So I don't really know what your point is.

Goligoski = 1st PP unit.

Benn spent 39% of his time with Goligoski, and I'd bet a bunch of that was a result of double shifting for Goli.

Goligoski and Robidas got the most PP time among D-men. They were the 1st unit. Daley was NOT on the 1st unit, or at least very little. Since Benn spent 80% of time with Daley, I think that's a good estimation of the time he spent on unit 2 (both Daley and Benn prolly got little stints on unit 1, I'd guess 20% of their PP time).

Benn was #5 on Dallas for forwards in PP time per game. 2nd unit.

Eriksson had a grand total of 12 PP points in 82 games. Ryder had 10 in 82 games.
Benn had more points/ice time than both, a good deal more. Much better on the PP than either of them. Daley isn't exactly a natural PP quarterback either, right?

You're crazy if you think Dallas' PP didn't hurt Benn's production.

Dallas had THE worst PP in the league. And no that's not the result of 1 player that was 7th in ice time per game.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Would you?

Kessel

for

Zibby & a 1st

Seeing as we have quite a stock pile of talent at this point and with Alfie's retirement on the horizon, would it not be good to get a proven goal scorer to sure up our offence?

We have a lot of young talent but none who are top line ready for the immediate future. With maybe only Silfverberg being the only exception would you go for Kessel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad