Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I will admit it, if I’m wrong about the jets. But, they are good and will be for a while. I didn’t say they weren’t beatable just that they are a better team than we are right now.
I think as it stands right now the Jets are slightly better than us, but I don't see them as a huge roadblock. I think part of the "aura" of the Jets is because NHL media has been coasting through the whole season just talking as if it's a matter of time until we play in the second round again. And of course that brings back the thoughts of last season.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I think as it stands right now the Jets are slightly better than us, but I don't see them as a huge roadblock. I think part of the "aura" of the Jets is because NHL media has been coasting through the whole season just talking as if it's a matter of time until we play in the second round again. And of course that brings back the thoughts of last season.
A 7 game series last year, the teams have basically split all the regular season matchups and the Jets have won exactly one more game than the Preds this year. Yeah they're the slightly better team right now but they have some big question marks too. Who can come up with the answers in the next 2 months will determine that series if it happens.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
In a league where any team can beat any team at any given night, it's all about details. And luck. We need to fix our PP detail, so we don't need to rely on luck.

Will a deadline acquisition help us fix that or some of our other details or will he or them just further mess with whatever chemistry issues we may or may not have already? That's one question Poile & co have to find an answer to when they plan any deadline acquisitions.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
A 7 game series last year, the teams have basically split all the regular season matchups and the Jets have won exactly one more game than the Preds this year. Yeah they're the slightly better team right now but they have some big question marks too. Who can come up with the answers in the next 2 months will determine that series if it happens.
I think we lose perspective of how many teams are looking mediocre this year. It's absolutely not just us.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Didn’t say it was Stone’s dream but he would be a big addition to a pretty stacked roster.

They only need adequate goaltending. Chicago won the Cup in ‘12 with Antti Neimi as their starter.

Yes I know. But we are close enough to the Jets in talent that the team that gets better goaltending will almost certainly win. Stone going to them or Stone coming to us wont swing the series, if we meet.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well shit. Of course Jake Allen immediately puts up a shutout as soon as I call him out for the Blues recent failures...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ek(I know...) has us in on Mats Zucarello.

I do t know much about him. His stats look more like a setup guy than a scorer.

Anyone care to comment on whether hes a good fit and what we would be looking at giving up?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Stone and Duchene both with 1G 1A (each now with 27 G)

I hope some team not us massively overpays for them at the TD and we sign them both this summer...

(Yeah, I know this wont happen...)

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Disastrous if they lose both of them. Stone would be a good captain for them going forward.

Always figured that they'd hold on Duchene for as long as they could, they paid a hefty price for him and potentially lose him in the summer for nothing. They gotta trade him.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Ottawa is in a position where they have to move key players or risk losing them for no return due to their owner's stupidity. Poor play, worse management resulting in low attendance and unhappy players. That franchise is looking at losing Hoffman, Karlsson, Turris, Duchene and Stone in a very short span.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I think Poile would be crazy not to trade for Duchene if he knows he can extend him. I dont know about Dzingel.

That's how I feel too. I think if Poile can get assurance that he's getting Duchene for the long run, he should grab Dzingel as a rental. Those two are lethal together, and Dzingel can be viewed as a pure rental. See how he plays in the playoffs and if you wanna keep him, you could fairly easily.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
That's how I feel too. I think if Poile can get assurance that he's getting Duchene for the long run, he should grab Dzingel as a rental. Those two are lethal together, and Dzingel can be viewed as a pure rental. See how he plays in the playoffs and if you wanna keep him, you could fairly easily.
I would be completely fine with this but at what cost? What would get both of them here?

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I would be completely fine with this but at what cost? What would get both of them here?

Short answer? Probably a damn lot. Like 1st + Tolvanen or Fabbro +

If you're fine with the short answer, I'll give you my long answer. Not gonna waste everyone's time (mine included) writing up a blockbuster proposal if that is already too much for preds fans haha

Reactions: SavageSteve

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Short answer? Probably a damn lot. Like 1st + Tolvanen or Fabbro +

If you're fine with the short answer, I'll give you my long answer. Not gonna waste everyone's time (mine included) writing up a blockbuster proposal if that is already too much for preds fans haha

Your saying 1st + Tolvanen for an extended Duchene and Dzingel rental?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad