Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Short answer? Probably a damn lot. Like 1st + Tolvanen or Fabbro +

If you're fine with the short answer, I'll give you my long answer. Not gonna waste everyone's time (mine included) writing up a blockbuster proposal if that is already too much for preds fans haha
Tolvenen and a 1st a starting point short answer. Yea I'm good with that.... What's the long answer? In my opinion it will be a few more pieces. If its Tolvenen I can see it including our 2 or 3 best defensive prospect like Allard or Carrier as well. Ive watched quite a few Ottawa games having stone and Chabot on my fantasy team and you can see that Duchene and Dzingel have some good chemistry playing together and if we was to get Duchene I would like Dzingel to be part of the package

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Tolvenen and a 1st a starting point short answer. Yea I'm good with that.... What's the long answer?

Long answer? Well I think that one of Tolvanen/Fabbro+1st would need to be a part of it and I'd say that's more than fair. I'd pray both since Duchene is coming signed, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't want to do that.

What do you think Poile would add to Tolvanen+1st for a signed Duchene? Allard?

I think it'd be fair to ask for the upgrade from Allard to Fabbro if we added Dzingel, I just highly doubt Poile does that unless both are signed.

I kinda think it's fair though. Sure Dzingel isn't signed and there is no way to guarantee he'd be on your roster in the long run, but Ottawa would be assuming the same risk in Fabbro.

I'm trying my best to be unbiased, I know landing both Tolvanen+Fabbro is a huuuge reach (and I'll probably get roasted) but it's not bananas in terms of value. I guess it depends on how you value Fabbro.

Duchene (8x8) + Dzingel

For

Tolvanen+Fabbro+2019 1st+*2020 2nd*

*if NSH wins the cup this year or next, it turns to a 1st*

Seems like a lot, but I tried to use the Turris deal as a guideline, which makes it look fair.

Duchene >> Turris
Tolvanen>Kamanev
Fabbro>Girard
2nds cancel each other out
And then you get Dzingel for your 2019 1st which is hopefully 31st overall.

Or is Tolvanen like >> Kamanev?

I'd want that but I'm sure Dorion would probably settle for Allard instead of Fabbro.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Long answer? Well I think that one of Tolvanen/Fabbro+1st would need to be a part of it and I'd say that's more than fair. I'd pray both since Duchene is coming signed, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't want to do that.

What do you think Poile would add to Tolvanen+1st for a signed Duchene? Allard?

I think it'd be fair to ask for the upgrade from Allard to Fabbro if we added Dzingel, I just highly doubt Poile does that unless both are signed.

I kinda think it's fair though. Sure Dzingel isn't signed and there is no way to guarantee he'd be on your roster in the long run, but Ottawa would be assuming the same risk in Fabbro.

I'm trying my best to be unbiased, I know landing both Tolvanen+Fabbro is a huuuge reach (and I'll probably get roasted) but it's not bananas in terms of value. I guess it depends on how you value Fabbro.

Duchene (8x8) + Dzingel

For

Tolvanen+Fabbro+2019 1st+*2020 2nd*

*if NSH wins the cup this year or next, it turns to a 1st*

Seems like a lot, but I tried to use the Turris deal as a guideline, which makes it look fair.

Duchene >> Turris
Tolvanen>Kamanev
Fabbro>Girard
2nds cancel each other out
And then you get Dzingel for your 2019 1st which is hopefully 31st overall.

Or is Tolvanen like >> Kamanev?

I'd want that but I'm sure Dorion would probably settle for Allard instead of Fabbro.
We're not going to be trading Fabbro in addition to Tolvanen, if Poile even considers the latter. And yes, Tolvanen is a significantly better asset than Kamenev was.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Yeah we wont trade Tolvanen and Fabbro at the same time. I'm cool with trading 1st + Tolvanen + lesser prospect (Allard, Carrier, or Gadreau/Grimaldi) or additional pick in 2020 (not another 1st) for an extended Duchene.

Add another pick or something for Dzingel if Poile thinks that's a plus.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Yeah we wont trade Tolvanen and Fabbro at the same time. I'm cool with trading 1st + Tolvanen + lesser prospect (Allard, Carrier, or Gadreau/Grimaldi) or additional pick in 2020 (not another 1st) for an extended Duchene.

Add another pick or something for Dzingel if Poile thinks that's a plus.

Would you do a minor re-tool?

Duchene + Stone

For

Turris, decent prospect not named Fabbro, 1st, Tolvanen and Krok.

Basically Turris and prospect for Duchene.

1st, Tolvanen and Krok for Stone.

I would say it would have to be for at least one of them if not both re-signed but moving Turris and Krok frees up the money for one of them and then we have to figure out a way to sign the other.

Makes our second line instantly better and moves either Smith or Fiala to the third line to play with Bones and either Sissons or Hartman.

Then the fourth line is Boyle, Grimaldi and Hartman/Sissons.

I think we get more dynamic, add size and have more depth up and down the lineup.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
First, I dont send Turris back to Ottawa because Poile will have f***ed him over by doing that(he didnt want to sign long term on Ottawa)

Second, I don't want either one without an extension.

Ideal world, we trade a good haul for an extended Stone and then sign Duchene this summer and deal Turris elsewhere.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
First, I dont send Turris back to Ottawa because Poile will have ****ed him over by doing that(he didnt want to sign long term on Ottawa)

Second, I don't want either one without an extension.

Ideal world, we trade a good haul for an extended Stone and then sign Duchene this summer and deal Turris elsewhere.
Only exception I'd make is if Turris is not actually happy here and would prefer to go back to Ottawa. I find that highly unlikely, but anything is possible.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Only exception I'd make is if Turris is not actually happy here and would prefer to go back to Ottawa. I find that highly unlikely, but anything is possible.

Well sure if Turris actually feels that way but given that he apparently extended with us for less than Ottawa was offering I find that highly unlikely as well.

And anyway this isnt happening. We might get Duchene now because he would likely be willing to extend. But we arent getting both of these guys before the trade deadline. These are the kind of moves I expect this summer if we crap out early in the playoffs again. But trying to do it at the TDL is both too expensive and too disruptive to the team to do with less than 20 games remaining before the playoffs.

As much as everyone here hates it right now, we are likely gonna ride this horse for the rest of this season, and how the playoffs pan out will determine how the summer goes.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I expect at least one more move. Zuccarello or Silverberg is a likely, cost effective move. Stone or Duchene is going to cost a 1st or two, plus a prospect such as Tolvanen, plus maybe a Jarnkrok like player ... just to start the talks.

To varying degrees, all of those moves address our 2nd/3rd line woes. Add Fabbro to the third pair and see how the post season goes.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah I think Poile will drop down a level and go for that group. I think Tolvanen is available but I have a strange feeling Fabbro isn't.

I would expect any major moves to be this summer, whether that is coaching changes or players. If Fabbro comes in and lights it up I fully expect a Dman to go this summer.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
What I like to see Poile do if he does wanna go all in. I would like to see him trade for Duchene. Turris is alright but if we wanna go far this postseason I don't think turris gets it done at 2c because I think he's still dealing with some sort of injury. Along with Duchene I'd like to see him packaged with Dzingel just for the fact those 2 has shown great chemistry together this year. So I'd be willing to give up Tolvenen, Smith, Richard, Carrier and 2019 1st for Duchene extended and Dzingel. Then I'd be on the phone with new york and give up a 2020 2nd and Mismash and maybe another lower tier prospect for Zuccarello. Poile didnt see enough from his 2nd line so he goes out and gets a whole new one lol.

Forsberg Joey Arvi
Dzingel Duchene Zuccarello
Fiala turris Hartman
Boyle bones Sissons
Jarnkrok Grimaldi McLeod Gaudreau all healthy scatches and depth.
Lets Go Preds

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What I like to see Poile do if he does wanna go all in. I would like to see him trade for Duchene. Turris is alright but if we wanna go far this postseason I don't think turris gets it done at 2c because I think he's still dealing with some sort of injury. Along with Duchene I'd like to see him packaged with Dzingel just for the fact those 2 has shown great chemistry together this year. So I'd be willing to give up Tolvenen, Smith, Richard, Carrier and 2019 1st for Duchene extended and Dzingel. Then I'd be on the phone with new york and give up a 2020 2nd and Mismash and maybe another lower tier prospect for Zuccarello. Poile didnt see enough from his 2nd line so he goes out and gets a whole new one lol.

Forsberg Joey Arvi
Dzingel Duchene Zuccarello
Fiala turris Hartman
Boyle bones Sissons
Jarnkrok Grimaldi McLeod Gaudreau all healthy scatches and depth.
Lets Go Preds

Can’t see that happening? Would that even work cap-wise?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Can’t see that happening? Would that even work cap-wise?
This is for this postseason only if Poile would to go all in. You would have to tweak somethings in the off-season to make the cap work if you choose to go that route. Turris would definitely need to be moved out in the off-season if you get Duchene in here with a contract.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
That isn't all in. That is getting 3 pieces, including one of the top two on the market, losing only Smith (four of five seasons 20+ goals, on pace to make that five of six) in the process. You may as well project that we score on every PP opportunity from here on out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Poile is not going to go all in. He told these guys they could have another shot and I have a strange feeling he will let them have it. He tried to replace the pieces that are out and he may get another forward with the thinking that it was originally going to be Tolvanen in that spot, but any major changes will be in the offseason should they fail.

Reactions: triggrman

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
What is realistically all in? Is it offering up Tolvanen + a roster forward + at least one 1st round pick for Stone or Duchene? Is it making moves that bring in both Silfverberg and Zuccarello without sacrificing Fabbro in the process? Or is it throwing enough assets at the trade market that we suddenly ice an all new 2nd line next week?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
If it was last month, I'd maybe take more stock in it.

Having said that, we may not trade for him because he may want to be here anyways so why bother giving up assets? He clearly wants to be in Nashville at some point

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
World's a big place so may not even be him. Still, an interesting coincidence

edit: Dean Brown of TSN is reporting that he bought it with an intention of using it as a business investment (AirBNB) and not with the intention of moving in himself. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->