Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
well **** me for trying to be involved.
Nothing wrong with posting stuff, but that is a secondary move that would be considered if Duchene/Stone fell through. Secondary to that I seriously doubt Poile would give up what the Rangers are expecting for Kreider.

The point was more that it's not surprising to see our named mentioned, we are going to be mentioned everywhere a forward is being offered because that is what we are looking for. Knowing Poile he probably checked when he did the McLeod trade.

Oddly enough we are now good enough to be a headline maker, which is why we've been listed with Duchene, Stone, Zuccarello, Simmonds, and now Kreider ( there has probably been more tbh ).

Last edited:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I know fans are not GMs, but the perceived value for PK is still extremely high based on the main board thread. If you can trade him for a package that is close to any of the proposed, does it change how aggressive you are dealing for rentals now?

Poile probably knows what he can get for PK in the summer. If he knows the return is good then he may feel very comfortable moving out some of these assets only to return them in 6 months.

Reactions: Gh24

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I know fans are not GMs, but the perceived value for PK is still extremely high based on the main board thread. If you can trade him for a package that is close to any of the proposed, does it change how aggressive you are dealing for rentals now?

Poile probably knows what he can get for PK in the summer. If he knows the return is good then he may feel very comfortable moving out some of these assets only to return them in 6 months.
This assumes Poile's future plans align with the armchair GMs when it comes to Subban. Doubtful.

Reactions: LCPreds

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yet here we are speculating on a message board at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday.

...it's all speculation
Of course. It's just one thing to speculate based on knowledge we seem to have (Preds reported to be pursuing X player) and speculating Poile may be behaving based on assumptions that are themselves pure speculation (e.g. there being any interest in even considering a Subban move).

Simplified, I don't think the notion Poile is currently considering deals based on possible trade returns for Subban in the off-season has any merit. It's no skin off my back, just probably the way it was phrased and I read it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
For everyone who has been screaming "Duchene wants to be in Nashville" forever...

... watch us trade a boatload for him, him get hurt and not do crap this season, and we could have had him for nothing this summer

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Just think if Poile had gotten another scoring center a couple of deadlines ago.. not a stretch to say we may have won the Cup. And that team looked like trash most of the year, never really getting going. I'm not saying this team is better but I wouldn't be surprised if that is in the back of Poile's mind.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Approaching 50 pages and we appear to have two threads discussing the deadline. Please bring the trade talk to the other thread.

Thanks! Go Preds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad