Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
laine plays fortnite better than hockey so he's playing himself into the 7-8 million range oppose to the 10+ it looked like he would get
Maybe just trade Laine for Stone, and use the $9-10M they thought they'd have to spend on Laine on re-signing Stone instead. Stone is better. Wheeler and Scheifele are already locked up for 5 more years after this one. Laine can run hot and cold but Stone is.. uh, rock-solid. :(

LukeLocomotive

Jan 18, 2018
I don't see us doing anything this year. I can't see anyone taking Fiala/Tolvanen and giving us a return that suits us.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't see us doing anything this year. I can't see anyone taking Fiala/Tolvanen and giving us a return that suits us.
Oh I think you could get just about anyone you want with either of them. Problem with Fiala specifically is that moving him for another forward would be silly when you could bump him or Smith down and make the 3rd line stronger.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'm not sure if I'm just an optimist, but I see Fiala become a steady 50-60pt player for us. I don't want us to trade him.

I'm leaning towards an idea that if extended Stone or any other player with term is not an option (for whatever reason), I'd rather not make a trade. I agree, with the inconsistencies this season, I'd rather push to fix those inconsistencies than throw in an additional piece to mess it any further.

Give the team more time to work and find out who fits and who doesn't. If it all goes south in playoffs, you have a better idea what needs to be done in terms of personnel change. I'm talking about both coaching staff and players.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Early in the year I thought Fiala was playing bad and pressing, right now I think the kid is just snake bit like hell. He's creating good opportunities, it's just not going in for whatever reason.

Now he may end up like Wilson, but he outperformed him last year, so I really dont think it was just a fluke year. Oddly enough, I think being in the contract year was actually bad for him.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Fiala is on pace for about 42 points this season. If some of those chances start going in then mid-teen goal output for the season isn't inconceivable (6 goals over the next 22 games puts him at 15). It's a similar case for Hartman if he gets back to his goal production from the first 20 or so games of the season where five goals over the next 22 games puts him at 15.

I saw something on Twitter where Eklund's rumor tracker was in jpeg format ... he's got Zuccarello to the Preds as a relatively high percentage thing. I'm not giving Ek my money to read what his latest contradictory E4s are ... but we'll see how things play out over the next week and a half.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Stone will go to Winnipeg. A chance to win a Cup with his home town team? A Canadian hockey player's wet dream.

They will look to offload Trouba, he doesn't want to be there. Laine is playing himself into a smaller payday. They have prospects that can fill any holes left by not paying their UFAs.

A new power has arisen in the Central. Glad we snagged a division title when we did.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh I'm not ready to just hand it to them. That might can replace UFA's with young guys, but it takes some time to get experience, and everyone doesn't always transition just nice and perfect. Not to mention, they are gonna lose at least one of those prospects for Stone

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I was talking last night with one of my friends who works for the NHL (not a team but the league office) and she mentioned that there is a chance (small but still there) that Winnipeg gets both Duchene and Stone.

She obviously couldn't say much but there are people saying that it could happen around the league.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Stone will go to Winnipeg. A chance to win a Cup with his home town team? A Canadian hockey player's wet dream.

They will look to offload Trouba, he doesn't want to be there. Laine is playing himself into a smaller payday. They have prospects that can fill any holes left by not paying their UFAs.

A new power has arisen in the Central. Glad we snagged a division title when we did.

Holy crap and people used to say I was negative.

How many times have we declared the Blues the new powerhouse after their offseason moves? And nothing. Why? Jake Allen.

In the end it will all come down to goaltending between us and the Jets.

And I'd happily never win another Central title as long as we get another trip to the finals soon. The division title is one of those things that once you do once, its "meh" from then on

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

Stone being from Winnipeg has absolutely nothing to do with whether he is traded there by the deadline. If the Sens choose to trade him, they will send him to the team that gives them the best deal, be it Winnipeg, Nashville, etc.
Perhaps if the Sens let him go he signs with the Jets as UFA after the season; perhaps not. There will be many teams with bags of money waiting for him if he hits free agency.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
I was talking last night with one of my friends who works for the NHL (not a team but the league office) and she mentioned that there is a chance (small but still there) that Winnipeg gets both Duchene and Stone.

She obviously couldn't say much but there are people saying that it could happen around the league.

IMO that almost throwing too much change into your team and player roles with only two months to go until the playoffs. I would be more worried if they just added one of them, especially if it turns into a long term re-signing.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Stone may very well end up in Winnipeg but it won't be because it's his "dream" to win a cup there. He doesn't control his destiny.

Reactions: PredsV82

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Didn’t say it was Stone’s dream but he would be a big addition to a pretty stacked roster.

They only need adequate goaltending. Chicago won the Cup in ‘12 with Antti Neimi as their starter.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Winnipeg is more likely to pay a premium if they know Stone wants to extend. Him being from Winnipeg may play a part in his willingness to extend. Therefore it's possible that being from Winnipeg may influence his destination.

I realize that in the end, he's gonna end up to a team that offers the best return, but his future plans may dictate what Jets are ready to give up.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

Good grief, they are not that good people.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I will admit it, if I’m wrong about the jets. But, they are good and will be for a while. I didn’t say they weren’t beatable just that they are a better team than we are right now.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I will admit it, if I’m wrong about the jets. But, they are good and will be for a while. I didn’t say they weren’t beatable just that they are a better team than we are right now.

They have a better PP than us, we have a better PK. 5on5, we average more goals per game ... they average more overall thanks to our inept PP. Goals allowed, we're better.

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad