Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
How the hell can they afford a 8-9M Stone, when they have Laine, Connor, Lemieux, Copp, Trouba, Chiarot, Morrow, Brossoit, Myers to sign?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
How the hell can they afford a 8-9M Stone, when they have Laine, Connor, Lemieux, Copp, Trouba, Chiarot, Morrow, Brossoit, Myers to sign?
myers is gone.

jets fans say trouba could be dealt.

laine plays fortnite better than hockey so he's playing himself into the 7-8 million range oppose to the 10+ it looked like he would get

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
myers is gone.

jets fans say trouba could be dealt.

laine plays fortnite better than hockey so he's playing himself into the 7-8 million range oppose to the 10+ it looked like he would get
What's scary is they are already better than us PLUS they could add Stone or Duchene AND they can afford to trade players like Trouba, Connor, or Laine, and get fantastic additional assets back for them. Being irrelevant for years and years has its perks if you do it correctly/get really lucky.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I do think the Jets are probably better than the Preds right now. I’m also not entirely convinced the margin is of any measurable significance though which means it could swing the other way at any moment.

Reactions: PredsV82

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I do think the Jets are probably better than the Preds right now. I’m also not entirely convinced the margin is of any measurable significance though which means it could swing the other way at any moment.
It could. I don't think it's a massive gulf, but I do think they are better now and are in a better position to continue to do so than we are. Nature of the process. They're still new to the competitive scene and still have all the assets acquired from years in the cellar. We're pretty close to max capacity having spent assets on post-season runs and drafting late (when at all).

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
if our PP wasn't the worst in the league and there's top 5 I would agree with you.

the difference in the PPs at their current rates in a 7 game series would be 3-4 goals more for the jets.

we will have to dominate ES or rinne will have to be all world. rinne didn't give us much hope against them last year.

im more worried about just making the playoffs and drawing a favorable first round matchup. we struggled with Colorado.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I just dont think you can get into a TD arms race when you're in our situation. There is no one player that will guarantee a Cup or even a win over Winnipeg in the playoffs. Similarly we are good enough that there is no one player they can add that makes them unbeatable, especially with Hellebuyck showing signs of shakiness.

I hope Poile looks for a good deal that either is for an asset or doesnt cost too much.

I'm gonna be 18 kinds of pissed if we trade Tolvanen for a rental, even if that rental is Stone or Panarin

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
if our PP wasn't the worst in the league and there's top 5 I would agree with you.

the difference in the PPs at their current rates in a 7 game series would be 3-4 goals more for the jets.

we will have to dominate ES or rinne will have to be all world. rinne didn't give us much hope against them last year.

im more worried about just making the playoffs and drawing a favorable first round matchup. we struggled with Colorado.

I will play devil's advocate just for a minute.

So the Jets have had an awesome power play all season- and have not had nearly the injury adversity the Preds have had.

Despite that they really have not had all that much better a season than we have had, warts and all.

Doesn't that give anyone at least a little pause about the Jets??

It just seems like the same people who just write the Preds off aren't even paying attention to the fact that the Jets haven't been that great this year either.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If Poile trades Tolvanen it will be for a guy he either thinks he can sign or has years left on his contract. I just don't see him trading Tolvanen for a pure rental.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
The more I think about this deadline the more I think trading ellis\subban for scoring help would be fine by me as well. Hypothetically could Subban, smith, Tolvenen and a 1st land you stone and Duchene ( with them signing of course). Ottawa gets a top prospect and 1st for a rebuild and a serviceable player who can score 20 goals for ya. Plus Subban of course who you could flip to someone else. The difference with Ottawa trading him is they have tons of cap space So they could retain on him. Imagine the significant return he could get if his cap hit was lower. It would be massive I think. I don't know just a thought

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I will play devil's advocate just for a minute.

So the Jets have had an awesome power play all season- and have not had nearly the injury adversity the Preds have had.

Despite that they really have not had all that much better a season than we have had, warts and all.

Doesn't that give anyone at least a little pause about the Jets??

It just seems like the same people who just write the Preds off aren't even paying attention to the fact that the Jets haven't been that great this year either.
i am not saying that's not a valid point. i just can't feel even slight confident with a PP ranked last in the league. it's almost unheard of to be where we are in the standings with the worst PP in the league and the save percentage of our goalies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The more I think about this deadline the more I think trading ellis\subban for scoring help would be fine by me as well. Hypothetically could Subban, smith, Tolvenen and a 1st land you stone and Duchene ( with them signing of course). Ottawa gets a top prospect and 1st for a rebuild and a serviceable player who can score 20 goals for ya. Plus Subban of course who you could flip to someone else. The difference with Ottawa trading him is they have tons of cap space So they could retain on him. Imagine the significant return he could get if his cap hit was lower. It would be massive I think. I don't know just a thought
i am not gonna get into the value of that but trades like that are virtually never a thing in today's league.

i am an advocate of trading a defenseman for offensive help.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad