Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
This is click bait at it's worst. He knows that writing something as absurd as this will drive traffic to his site. If and it's a huge if...this were true. The so called executive would be fired immediately. The leafs are a vault now when it comes to information regarding their plans and players. But somehow Berger was able to get info on the most shocking news in maple leafs history. Great job. You're an absolute joke Berger

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
He got people talking about him - that's all he wanted
sally-field.gif

Reactions: SAMCRO44

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Y'all need to take yourself less seriously. It was obvious satire and mockery of the MSM "insiders" like Kypreos. If Mirtle wrote it everyone would be applauding.

Time to move past the circlejerk of misguided negativity and get back to trade talk

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Y'all need to take yourself less seriously. It was obvious satire and mockery of the MSM "insiders" like Kypreos. If Mirtle wrote it everyone would be applauding.

Time to move past the ********** of misguided negativity and get back to trade talk

Mirtle wouldn't write such trash. (I'm indifferent on Mirtle)

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Mirtle wouldn't write such trash. (I'm indifferent on Mirtle)

The only thing that makes it trash is being gullible enough to be duped into thinking it was a "legitimate" (attempt at a) story.

It's not funny, and not particularly good satire, but that just makes it "meh". The only way to justify the level of vitriol is the pre-existing (entirely justified) dislike of Berger or being in waaaaay to deep.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Can't say Atkinson's deal helps with JVR getting a discount .. JVR has a little more of a proven track record as well. $6 X 7 seems likely. Maybe the Oshie deal if they want to lower the AAV, but I don't see him getting less than that.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Can't say Atkinson's deal helps with JVR getting a discount .. JVR has a little more of a proven track record as well. $6 X 7 seems likely. Maybe the Oshie deal if they want to lower the AAV, but I don't see him getting less than that.

It was nice knowing you JVR.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm really not interested in going anything beyond 5 years. Even then, what's the salary when you chop off 3 years?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm really not interested in going anything beyond 5 years. Even then, what's the salary when you chop off 3 years?

for him to passable as a resign it would need to be 5 years x $5.5M which he quite rightfully not sign. WE can not resign him he is a piece to trade simple as that

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Looking at Oshie's deal: the first 5 year's carries a $6.5 AAV in total salary, $6.6 in the first 4 years .. The Leafs would probably have to offer a deal of $7 mill AAV over 4 years to get him to bite on a shorter deal. They could front load it so that the last year only carries an actual salary of $4 million or something so that it could be a moveable contract but even then JVR likely gets a NMC/NTC of some kind.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Looking at Oshie's deal: the first 5 year's carries a $6.5 AAV in total salary, $6.6 in the first 4 years .. The Leafs would probably have to offer a deal of $7 mill AAV over 4 years to get him to bite on a shorter deal. They could front load it so that the last year only carries an actual salary of $4 million or something so that it could be a moveable contract but even then JVR likely gets a NMC/NTC of some kind.

Oshie is a good player but a lesser player. Also just for reference Okposo is also a lesser player but both are compared for contract purposes. Those players do however play a better 2way game but 30 goals is 30 goals.

Neither the above score 30.

The whole point of this thread and JVR is he is worth a boatload retained on. I mean, it's got to be 1st + 2nd + decent prospect minimum. Would I sign him in July? Maybe if the contract was right.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
60 Pt winger entering his prime. Great asset to have on a playoff team. I don't foresee any trade for JVR this season, but you absolutely cannot sign players at peak value to long term deals anymore and not expect to have serious cap trouble down the road. JVR will be 29 next summer, and a long term deal takes him to 35-36. Huge no thanks to that. Unlike in years past, we actually have the depth to let JVR walk for nothing if we keep him for a playoff run, and that's better than signing him to a 6x7 deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad