Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
There’s gotta be more to come, but in the meantime maybe this forces Babcock’s hand a bit? He’s not going anywhere Mike, so get him in there.
Or maybe this is all about trading him - no idea.

Yes it's going to be pretty interesting few months until trade deadline and then we will happen what's ahead in terms of future

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
This part I do not understand why he would not not take his chances on open market, he might have got a better deal

Security.

bird in hand, etc.

He is also from not to far from Toronto, maybe he really wants it to work.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I've said it before, but David Savard would be a nearly perfect fit (at least barring trading for a legit elite player).

Just turned 27 years old
Signed long-term
RHD
#2-3 defenceman
Plays all situations, though overall more defensive oriented
6'2, ~225-230lbs

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I've said it before, but David Savard would be a nearly perfect fit (at least barring trading for a legit elite player).

Just turned 27 years old
Signed long-term
RHD
#2-3 defenceman
Plays all situations, though overall more defensive oriented
6'2, ~225-230lbs
Sounds perfect. Does JVR & Bozak at 50% retention, Carrick, and a cond. 2018 1st that only gets sent if neither UFAs are signed get him? Usually don't propose scrap for good piece deals but lots of value there

Nvm they'd definitely rather a young player guaranteed to be on the team long term in Gally as the main piece from Habs

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Sounds perfect. Does JVR & Bozak at 50% retention, Carrick, and a cond. 2018 1st that only gets sent if neither UFAs are signed get him? Usually don't propose scrap for good piece deals but lots of value there

Nvm they'd definitely rather a young player guaranteed to be on the team long term in Gally as the main piece from Habs

I think it would have to be centered around Brown. Nothing else makes sense. Columbus wants to compete now, so I don't think a good future package gets it done, and I don't think pending UFAs are fair value either. We wouldn't want to trade Gardiner or Zaitsev for a pending UFA.

It'd need to be something that can contribute right away (i.e. not something like Kapanen), be around for a long-time (i.e. not something like JVR), and be a piece with solid offensive upside (i.e. not something like Hyman). Pretty much leaves Brown or Kadri, and we can't afford to move Kadri considering our lack of quality centre prospects.

I'd be very reluctant to move Brown, but for a guy like Savard, I'd strongly consider it depending on what else would need to be involved.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I think it would have to be centered around Brown. Nothing else makes sense. Columbus wants to compete now, so I don't think a good future package gets it done, and I don't think pending UFAs are fair value either. We wouldn't want to trade Gardiner or Zaitsev for a pending UFA.

It'd need to be something that can contribute right away (i.e. not something like Kapanen), be around for a long-time (i.e. not something like JVR), and be a piece with solid offensive upside (i.e. not something like Hyman). Pretty much leaves Brown or Kadri, and we can't afford to move Kadri considering our lack of quality centre prospects.

I'd be very reluctant to move Brown, but for a guy like Savard, I'd strongly consider it depending on what else would need to be involved.
It depends. Doesn't Columbus want a center? If so all we have to offer is Bozak. Bozak vs. Galchenyuk. What's your choice?

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
It depends. Doesn't Columbus want a center? If so all we have to offer is Bozak. Bozak vs. Galchenyuk. What's your choice?

If I were Columbus? Galchenyuk, and it wouldn't be close. Galchenyuk is 8 years younger, under control for multiple years, had a 50+ point season by age 21 (Bozak's first was last year at age 30), etc.

Bozak I don't think holds a ton of value. He's not good defensively, his offence is only so-so, and he's a pending UFA entering the tail-end of his prime. We could trade him for picks, but we aren't going to get a guy like Savard for him, not unless we added substantially to him.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If I were Columbus? Galchenyuk, and it wouldn't be close. Galchenyuk is 8 years younger, under control for multiple years, had a 50+ point season by age 21 (Bozak's first was last year at age 30), etc.

Bozak I don't think holds a ton of value. He's not good defensively, his offence is only so-so, and he's a pending UFA entering the tail-end of his prime. We could trade him for picks, but we aren't going to get a guy like Savard for him, not unless we added substantially to him.
The trouble with our organization at the moment is we either have the too valuable (Nylander/Marner and I would add Kadri/Brown with their value to us) or the no value (Bozak/JVR beyond picks). We don't have a Matthews/Kadri/Kadri and can move one Kadri for a top 4 D or a Nylander/Marner/Drouin and can trade one here for help.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Sens fan here..... Harpur for Leivo. Both depth guys that should be in the NHL but are blocked by better depth. I was thinking Wideman for Hyman or Komorov as another option.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I know its a bit of a stretch, but wouldn't Chara be a perfect TDL aquisition for us?

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Chara-Borgman/Carrick

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
I know its a bit of a stretch, but wouldn't Chara be a perfect TDL aquisition for us?

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Chara-Borgman/Carrick
It's not that much of a stretch. Bruins are not a playoff team this year and the smart move by them is to get what they can on expiring vets.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I just don't really like the idea of paying big prices for rentals. Maybe it slightly improves your odds at winning the Cup in one specific year, but can then hurt your odds of winning the Cup for the next 5-10 years depending on the calibre of future assets you give up.

If depth is a problem, deal with it in the off-season. Trade for a guy under control longer term, make a depth signing, etc.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Sens fan here..... Harpur for Leivo. Both depth guys that should be in the NHL but are blocked by better depth. I was thinking Wideman for Hyman or Komorov as another option.

With Carrick, Polak, Marincin, Borgman, Rosen, & Dermott, I don't really think we need to trade for a depth blueliner.

If we're moving Leivo, I'd rather package him with something else for a better player, or just trade him for a pick.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Interesting...But sounds to me like a Galchenyuk for Savard kind of trade is what will happen.

With Weber and Petry on the RS, Montreal would probably want a LHD and IMO CBJ would much rather give up Murray for Gally than Savard. Also the CBJ is scouting Laval, but that is just likely due diligence since the GM meetings are close to there anyway.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

you wouldn't get Hyman for Karlsson, babcock has adopted him as his very own son. Seriously though I doubt they would trade hyman for wideman, komarov maybe

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
OEL is entering his prime and the Coyotes don’t look like they’re going anywhere in the near future. I think it only makes sense for them send OEL for some futures while they’re rebuilding. I don’t think there would be a better match for this than Toronto.

Only question is, what would it cost? Say Gardiner, Marner, 1st, and Brown?

I can only imagine a backend with Reilly, OEL, and Liljegren. Plus if they could sign Tavares in the offseason, it would completely replace any offense lost by Marner/Brown heading out.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Also to note - CBJ just sent three guys down.

That would be the biggest kick in the nuts to those following rumours anywhere at the very least :laugh:

OEL is entering his prime and the Coyotes don’t look like they’re going anywhere in the near future. I think it only makes sense for them send OEL for some futures while they’re rebuilding. I don’t think there would be a better match for this than Toronto.

Only question is, what would it cost? Say Gardiner, Marner, 1st, and Brown?

I can only imagine a backend with Reilly, OEL, and Liljegren. Plus if they could sign Tavares in the offseason, it would completely replace any offense lost by Marner/Brown heading out.

Except he's not worth that much, and we can not afford to resign him. OEL to Toronto does not make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->