Trade Proposals 2018-2019

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Isn’t it worse now that he sustained yet another injury to the back?

Nobody said he suffered another injury though. He just wasn't cleared to play for Team Canada. He was sent back to Kingston he will probably suit up at some point whether it's for the Fronts or another team. In his career he has 157 points in 143 games and over a PPG in the playoffs. There will be a team that takes a chance on him.

Reactions: ohloutsider

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Owen Sound is in a very interesting situation this season.

Depending on how things shake out as we near the trade deadline Owen Sound could make tweaks to the lineup or stand pat. For the moment the team is in probably the best possible position standings wise with home ice contention still in arms reach.

I can't see KH being moved at the moment, but as we the fans all know every player has a price and if there's a team that is willing to pay the price, then any player on any team could be moved this year.

However the senior talent in the league is fairly heavy this year and not a lot of spots open unless your a bottom 10 in each conference who needs a senior leadership role.
If we stand pat we are screwed for the next 3 years lol... DD needs to get some draft picks..

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
The Whig reports he did re-injure his back

Kingston's Gabe Vilardi sent back to Frontenacs

That’s what I had heard on Twitter.

Regardless, he has a history of not staying healthy and having serious injuries. Has not played much hockey in the last 1.5 years.

He’s a good player but there are other options like Suzuki, Frost, Dellandrea, etc who don’t have that risk or concern attached. Yes they will cost more but they don’t have that high risk

Imo some team like SSM/OS/Missy could take the gamble if they are not selling off. Not saying any of these teams will buy or won’t be selling but just hypothetically it makes a lot of sense for a team that maybe is more in stand pat mood and with less assets to work with. Those are the types of teams that should consider it - the teams that can’t afford a top tier name other than in this type of scenario

Reactions: EvenSteven

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Trade idea.

Petes trade
Issacson supryka 2019 nb 2nd kgn 2nd os 3rd 2020 sar 2nd

To Kingston for
Neumann and Vilardi

Or trade Kitchener for

Yantsis and gareffa

Kitchener trade would be shaped similar I think

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Trade idea.

Petes trade

To Kingston for
Neumann and Vilardi

Or trade Kitchener for

Yantsis and gareffa

I would say that’s a bad deal for Kingston. Neumann is a pretty good player right now with tons of speed. And will 100% be back as an OA.
Would think Kingston would demand 4/5 high picks for Neumann alone. He’s a PPG player with 1.5 years left

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I think with the trade market this year, this will be a good offer great picks Maybe put a cpl conditional 3/4th rnd picks like if we reach the east final this year they get them

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Trade idea.

Petes trade

To Kingston for
Neumann and Vilardi

Or trade Kitchener for

Yantsis and gareffa

Even though C is probably the position of least need, Vilardi would be a great rental for other players to be around his experiences, leadership, and the PP would be incredible. Yantsis should be a good fit.
Neumann would be a more expensive than you think luxury add considering the Petes have Paquette, Gallant, SDA, & Grondin at C?
Jones is on pace for 60 games after having played 8 last season. Target a solid back up before you wreck the kid.

Last edited:

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Neuman would be huge to have next year top line centre with Robertson on his wing. A back up goalie would be good but who’s available

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
The Petes would likely move Neumann to the RW for the rest of the year.

If Gallant is gone next year, the Petes lose their 2nd and 3rd line C's. Neumann fills one of those spots.

Kirk - Gallant - Neumann would be a very good 2nd line (assuming they keep Robertson-SDA-Timleck together) for the rest of the year and maybe even next year if Gallant is back.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
The Petes would likely move Neumann to the RW for the rest of the year.

If Gallant is gone next year, the Petes lose their 2nd and 3rd line C's. Neumann fills one of those spots.

Kirk - Gallant - Neumann would be a very good 2nd line (assuming they keep Robertson-SDA-Timleck together) for the rest of the year and maybe even next year if Gallant is back.

There's probably also 13 other teams trying to get Neumann too though. How much would you overpay

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don't understand why Kingston would trade him. If he is likely back as an OA, he's a player they would need next year.

I would say they may want to move him now as opposed to next year because they are in a full rebuild and you would get more for him now then you would next year.

Probably the same reason why Kitchener may be shopping more than just one or two of their 99's. The Rangers have four on the roster right now who are pretty much locks to play OA seasons next year. Rangers won't contend next year so it makes sense to sell off as many as you can now for the greater return.

It would be different if a team were looking to contend next year. Then you'd need that player for next year's run. But if you aren't looking to contend, may as well sell off such a player now if it means getting an extra pick or two.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
There's probably also 13 other teams trying to get Neumann too though. How much would you overpay

Neumann isn't the only valuable 99 out there, who's destined to play an OA season, who may be made available. Rangers have four. No need to overpay for Neumann when there are others out there.

Reactions: Finster8

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Neumann isn't the only valuable 99 out there, who's destined to play an OA season, who may be made available. Rangers have four. No need to overpay for Neumann when there are others out there.

There are others but he is without a doubt at the top of the list.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Neumann is head and shoulders better than any of the KIT 99's though (or any in the whole league who arent signed)

Is there not a good chance an NHL team signs him this off-season though and hes playing AHL next year?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Neumann is head and shoulders better than any of the KIT 99's though (or any in the whole league who arent signed)

Is there not a good chance an NHL team signs him this off-season though and hes playing AHL next year?

No.
Ranger’s Meireles is arguably a better overall player than Neumann. Neumann is very good and will certainly be a big point producer; yet, he may not be among the best dozen overall OA F.
The Petes have Paquette, SDA, Gallant, Grondin; so where does he fit, RW? Do you think Oke pays up for a 5’8” RC/RW while SDA, Timleck, Hinz are on the roster?

Last edited:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
No.
Ranger’s Meireles is arguably a better overall player than Neumann. Neumann is very good and will certainly be a big point producer; yet, he may not be among the best dozen overall OA F.
The Petes have Paquette, SDA, Gallant, Grondin; so where does he fit, RW?

Neumann is way, way, way better than Meireles. It's not even close.

And who cares who plays where. Half the time the guy gets kicked out of the draw anyways so you need wingers who can play C. It makes it a lot more versatile when the first guy back can just play the C position on defence, rather than having to wait for your actual centre to come back and play down low

NOA

Apr 17, 2015

Little to no chance he gets picked up and signed and then sent to AHL

If that were the case, Maksimovich.. who is an all around better player, would have had that opportunity.
Unfortunately for Neumann he is very undersized for the pro level and won’t be putting up 100 points this year which is the type of production he would need to draw that attention

99-100% chance he is back as an OA next year

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I don't understand why Kingston would trade him. If he is likely back as an OA, he's a player they would need next year.

It depends what the market is

Given that most think it’s a buyers market, I would be hesitant if I were Kingston

With Neumann’s talent and the fact that he is destined to be an OA next year, I would want.. at minimum.. 4 top picks and a 2001 player if I were Kingston. But anything less than that and why make the move?

If you hold him you can move him next year for a good price tag

It simply comes down to the type of offer they get

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Little to no chance he gets picked up and signed and then sent to AHL

If that were the case, Maksimovich.. who is an all around better player, would have had that opportunity.
Unfortunately for Neumann he is very undersized for the pro level and won’t be putting up 100 points this year which is the type of production he would need to draw that attention

99-100% chance he is back as an OA next year

lol with your experienced knowledge of what AHL GM's are looking for you can say that number? C'mon now.

It's 2018, people arent just looking at point totals. It's all charts and zone entries and zone exits and a million things the average fan doesnt even look at. To say there's a 1% chance he is signed is just flat out wrong.

Is it likely hes back? For sure, thats the case for anyone who wasnt drafted. But it's way higher than 0-1%

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
lol with your experienced knowledge of what AHL GM's are looking for you can say that number? C'mon now.

It's 2018, people arent just looking at point totals. It's all charts and zone entries and zone exits and a million things the average fan doesnt even look at. To say there's a 1% chance he is signed is just flat out wrong.

Is it likely hes back? For sure, thats the case for anyone who wasnt drafted. But it's way higher than 0-1%

0-1% is the chance I give you of having the experience and knowledge to have any credibility saying Neumann is way way way better than Meireles and head & shoulders above any unsigned ‘99

NOA

Apr 17, 2015

Why is it a 1% chance?

Because of the last 100 or so guys in his position - undersized, undrafted, and coming off his only 1 year in junior year hockey where he is a little over a ppg ...
how many of those 100 guys were signed and then made an AHL roster?
My guess? 0-1 players. Maybe upwards of 2-3

He has to overcome size concerns on top of it. Will he get invited to some team camp? Possibly. But unless he’s just this can’t miss prospect (and he’s not that) then no reason any team would sign him while he still has that year of OHL eligibility left
Neumann is a good player but he’s not too good for the OHL next year. And he’s not good enough to play consistent good minutes at the AHL level with bigger and older players

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
In lieu of Bayshore Fred saying an OS and East team trade is coming tomorrow I’ll guess,

To OTT:
-Sean Durzi

To OS:
-2nd in ‘19
-2nd in ‘20
-3rd in ‘19

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad