Trade Proposals 2018-2019

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Noteworthy: Erie Otters head coach, Chris Hartsburg, spoke to the media postgame implying they're looking for a goaltender so Murphy doesn't have to get drained. Who should they look for or what's on the market?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Noteworthy: Erie Otters head coach, Chris Hartsburg, spoke to the media postgame implying they're looking for a goaltender so Murphy doesn't have to get drained. Who should they look for or what's on the market?
Jake McGrath.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Culina started and lost games 1 and 2 in the first round vs. Kitchener. Only after those two losses did they put in DiPietro. He lost game 3, won game 4 in OT, and lost game 5. Then in the Memorial cup they continued with him.

In what kind of alternate universe does your backup get to start games 1 and 2 of the first round of the playoffs? Culina was the starter come Playoff time.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Culina started and lost games 1 and 2 in the first round vs. Kitchener. Only after those two losses did they put in DiPietro. He lost game 3, won game 4 in OT, and lost game 5. Then in the Memorial cup they continued with him.

In what kind of alternate universe does your backup get to start games 1 and 2 of the first round of the playoffs? Culina was the starter come Playoff time.

You are wrong they lost to London in 2017 4 games to 3 in round 1,Dipietro played the whole series.Then they went on to win the Mem Cup at home.
You are talking the year before vs Rangers,Spits lost in Ist round, Dipietro took over for Culina in game 4.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
Guessing Nick Suzuki Trade

To SSM: Nick Suzuki
TO OS :SSM 2nd 2024, SSM 3rd 2020, ER 3rd 2023, Joe Carroll and Holden Wale or Robert Calitsi

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Guessing Nick Suzuki Trade

To SSM: Nick Suzuki
TO OS :SSM 2nd 2024, SSM 3rd 2020, ER 3rd 2023, Joe Carroll and Holden Wale or Robert Calitsi

If OS doesn't get a 2002 rookie and also only get 1 2nd for Suzuki, Dale DeGray has failed his franchise

Reactions: LDN

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The 2002 rookie class has been so strong, and with it being a buyers market, I do not believe anyone will part with their '02 rookie unless Suzuki is packaged with Durzi.

Thing is, if the only teams still interested in Suzuki are Ottawa and SSM, I'm not sure either are looking at Durzi.

I agree OS needs more than one 2nd in return for Suzuki, but if they are stuck on getting an '02 then they might get nothing for him when he retires at the end of this season still a bear.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Then he better be getting a lot more picks than 1 2nd and 2 3rds!

At this stage it will be interesting to see which side keels over.

I really cannot see DD not trade Suzuki for whatever he can get. He’s traded everyone else. Keeping Suzuki doesn’t make any sense at this point.

Picks can be used the following season to pick up players. We see it all the time. Players become available at the start of a season for many reasons. Heck, Ottawa traded Robertson to OS at the beginning of the season for two 2nds. So, picks can still be used to get players if needed.

Just because this is DD’s opportunity to swing for the fences doesn’t mean he won’t strike out if he doesn’t choke up on the bat with two strikes. Better to hit a double off the wall that walk back to the dugout with the K.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I really cannot see DD not trade Suzuki for whatever he can get. He’s traded everyone else. Keeping Suzuki doesn’t make any sense at this point.
I agree with this. Owen Sound, Mississauga, and Kingston have succeeded in moving players in this buyers market where Oshawa, Sudbury, North Bay, and perhaps even the Soo have floundered. There is every reason to believe that Owen Sound is able to move Suzuki since there is interest. It will be very interesting to see what is the best return that he can get.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I agree with this. Owen Sound, Mississauga, and Kingston have succeeded in moving players in this buyers market where Oshawa, Sudbury, North Bay, and perhaps even the Soo have floundered. There is every reason to believe that Owen Sound is able to move Suzuki since there is interest. It will be very interesting to see what is the best return that he can get.

He can move him without question. Right now you have to think he is shooting for the Moon trying to get an elite prospect skater. I agree with this move. I think he probably has a solid picks deal in his pocket with Ottawa that can allow him to be patient on the skater.

Reactions: EvenSteven

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He can move him without question. Right now you have to think he is shooting for the Moon trying to get an elite prospect skater. I agree with this move. I think he probably has a solid picks deal in his pocket with Ottawa that can allow him to be patient on the skater.
If no elite skater comes to fruition, it makes you wonder whether he would be interested in SSM B prospect 2001 skaters or prefer a solid picks deal from Ottawa.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If no elite skater comes to fruition, it makes you wonder whether he would be interested in SSM B prospect 2001 skaters or prefer a solid picks deal from Ottawa.

I don’t think an elite skater will come to fruition. Ottawa is on record again today saying they are not trading from their current roster. They are looking for one top 6 forward and that’s it.

Moore was seemingly on the block but it doesn’t look like anyone else was making their ‘02 1st available. That means ‘01 1sts and 2nds and that draft was a solid draft so it is unlikely anyone will make them available either. I know Ottawa likes their first three picks in that draft so it won’t come from them.

It looks more and more like a picks deal the longer this goes. I jsut don’t see the remaining teams trading skaters of consequence that make a difference.

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
I don’t think an elite skater will come to fruition. Ottawa is on record again today saying they are not trading from their current roster. They are looking for one top 6 forward and that’s it.

Moore was seemingly on the block but it doesn’t look like anyone else was making their ‘02 1st available. That means ‘01 1sts and 2nds and that draft was a solid draft so it is unlikely anyone will make them available either. I know Ottawa likes their first three picks in that draft so it won’t come from them.

It looks more and more like a picks deal the longer this goes. I jsut don’t see the remaining teams trading skaters of consequence that make a difference.
Don’t sleep on Joe Carroll if he is indeed on the table from the Soo. Underachieving this season but is a legit prospect with good size and skates well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad