Trade Proposals 2018-2019

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Any deal that I would make for Vilardi would be based on the percentage of playoff games he plays.

In other words, for instance, he has to play in 80% of the games in each playoff round. Say, one 2nd rounder awarded per round?

With that type of injury, there's no point in acquiring him, he comes and plays a ton in the regular season but then has a recurrence of this back injury again and then you don't have him around for playoffs - the most important part of the season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Any deal that I would make for Vilardi would be based on the percentage of playoff games he plays.

In other words, for instance, he has to play in 80% of the games in each playoff round. Say, one 2nd rounder awarded per round?

With that type of injury, there's no point in acquiring him, he comes and plays a ton in the regular season but then has a recurrence of this back injury again and then you don't have him around for playoffs - the most important part of the season.

That is the prototypical risk v reward.

Unfortunately, the two teams will have to find a way to share the risk. It shouldn’t be Kingston shouldering all the risk. That wouldn’t be fair in any way. Vilardi is way too good a player for Kingston to feel cornered into shouldering the vast majority of the risk.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
That is the prototypical risk v reward.

Unfortunately, the two teams will have to find a way to share the risk. It shouldn’t be Kingston shouldering all the risk. That wouldn’t be fair in any way. Vilardi is way too good a player for Kingston to feel cornered into shouldering the vast majority of the risk.
I think your right, and your right about my previous stab at a trade of offering Evangelista in the deal as there maybe too much risk there.

If healthy come deadline day and I proper conditioning (someone mentioned it as possible factor baring him from WJC) then 2 x 2nds with a 2nd and 3rd conditional upon healthy completion of the season, if the knights win the memorial cup with Vilardi in the lineup Kingston gets another 3rd

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think your right, and your right about my previous stab at a trade of offering Evangelista in the deal as there maybe too much risk there.

If healthy come deadline day and I proper conditioning (someone mentioned it as possible factor baring him from WJC) then 2 x 2nds with a 2nd and 3rd conditional upon healthy completion of the season, if the knights win the memorial cup with Vilardi in the lineup Kingston gets another 3rd

This may be the toughest one to call but I think if he were to be traded to a team and he was healthy through the rest of the season including playoffs, the payoff should be at least four 2nds and two 3rds and that would be a steal.

I am on record saying there are no real stars this year but that is excluding Vilardi. HE is a bonafide stud at the OHL level. If he actually returns from injury and plays on a contending team, it is a huge bonus for that team should they get him for the entire back half of the season. It should cost the acquiring team a solid ransom if he were to live up to those conditionals. Those six picks really should be the floor if it is a complete picks deal.

Reactions: GoKnightsGo44

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
This may be the toughest one to call but I think if he were to be traded to a team and he was healthy through the rest of the season including playoffs, the payoff should be at least four 2nds and two 3rds and that would be a steal.

I am on record saying there are no real stars this year but that is excluding Vilardi. HE is a bonafide stud at the OHL level. If he actually returns from injury and plays on a contending team, it is a huge bonus for that team should they get him for the entire back half of the season. It should cost the acquiring team a solid ransom if he were to live up to those conditionals. Those six picks really should be the floor if it is a complete picks deal.
100% agree

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
100% agree

If the 67’s didn’t need those conditional picks to make another deal, I’d be 100% on board to make that sort of acquisition. Roll the dice on two 2nds for Vilardi? 100%. I’d have zero issues tossing the additional four picks to Kingston if he played the whole year.

If it costs the 67’s a deal for a solid OA, for example, I’d say no to the deal. But if they fill those two OA spots and they have picks left for a Vilardi deal, I think they’d be stupid not to do it. Worse case scenario is he reinsured himself and they lose two 2nds. He was just a bonus acquisition anyway.

A situation like that is something that may make more sense than a desperate team needing him hinging their entire success on his shoulders. That would be a shame if he went down with injury.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That's how I understand it - Kgn 2nd 2027/2028 go to Windsor once Vilardi is returned. (which he was)

I'll be interested to see if they can get the two 2nds back without conditions. Is a GM going to take that risk? I can see a single 2nd OR a pair of mid-round picks, but two 2nds seems steep for a chance.

KGN would not be on the hook for those two 2nds until Vilardi plays

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
KGN would not be on the hook for those two 2nds until Vilardi plays

The interesting situation would be him being sent back to Junior and then Kingston not being able to trade him. I don’t think there are any rules stating they would have to give him a roster spot. If they don’t give him a roster spot, I don’t think it would matter. I would assume he’d automatically become a waiver player. Would Kingston then have to pay the picks if he were picked on waivers?

I am not suggesting this would happen but it would be interesting to know how that would work.

Reactions: dirty12

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The interesting situation would be him being sent back to Junior and then Kingston not being able to trade him. I don’t think there are any rules stating they would have to give him a roster spot. If they don’t give him a roster spot, I don’t think it would matter. I would assume he’d automatically become a waiver player. Would Kingston then have to pay the picks if he were picked on waivers?

I am not suggesting this would happen but it would be interesting to know how that would work.
Don't count on the league to tell us how anything works.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

I would assume if he were picked up on waivers and played one game, conditions would be met.

Reactions: dirty12

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I think if he dresses for a game this year for any team the picks will kick in. If Kingston can’t deal him that is a Kingston problem. He should return at least the two seconds just on the chance he would be healthy for playoffs.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If Ottawa is not only looking to this year, but also to next in terms of any additional acquisitions, then it doesn't really make sense to spend the farm on overagers this year. As I see it, next year they will graduate 4 players from their current roster:
F Felhaber - too old
F Chmelevsky - AHL
F Clark - AHL
G DiPietro - AHL

Seems most fans are satisfied with this year's defense, and since they should all return for next season then you probably won't add there this year or next.

Also goaltending should be in good shape next year with Andree, even though you lose DiPietro.
So any additions over the next two years should be at the forward position.

Keating, Hoefenmeyer, and Wilson would be your 3 returning OA next year, a decent group if you ask me. The more I look at this, the more I believe that Ottawa won't make any more BIG splashes this year, but rather add a few role-player OAs this year and call it done.

I can definitely see a deal happening with two of Owen Sound, Mississauga, Sarnia, Windsor. They all need to recoup picks for the coming draft.

Owen Sound needs picks in the coming draft - they are missing their 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
Mississauga needs picks in the coming draft - they are missing their 2nd and 3rd.
Sarnia needs picks in the coming draft - they are missing their 3rd and 4th.
Windsor needs picks in the 2019 draft - they are missing their 3rd and 7th.
Ottawa has excess picks in the coming draft - they have a total of 4 2nds and 2 3rds.

I am thinking 2 of the following players might be targeted:
SAR - Sproviero
WSR - Kutkevicious
MISS - Carter
OS - Hancock

In the end, Hancock may cost too much, and Kutkevicious may not produce enough. So I predict:
Sarnia - Sproviero for (2019 LDN 2nd, 2019 PBO 2nd)
Mississauga - Carter for (2019 MIS 2nd, 2019 PBO 3rd, 2020 OS 3rd)

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
If Ottawa is not only looking to this year, but also to next in terms of any additional acquisitions, then it doesn't really make sense to spend the farm on overagers this year. As I see it, next year they will graduate 4 players from their current roster:
F Felhaber - too old
F Chmelevsky - AHL
F Clark - AHL
G DiPietro - AHL

Seems most fans are satisfied with this year's defense, and since they should all return for next season then you probably won't add there this year or next.

Also goaltending should be in good shape next year with Andree, even though you lose DiPietro.

Keating, Hoefenmeyer, and Wilson would be your 3 returning OA next year, a decent group if you ask me. The more I look at this, the more I believe that Ottawa won't make any more BIG splashes this year, but rather add a few role-player OAs this year and call it done.

I can definitely see a deal happening with two of Owen Sound, Mississauga, Sarnia, Windsor. They all need to recoup picks for the coming draft.

Owen Sound needs picks in the coming draft - they are missing their 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
Mississauga needs picks in the coming draft - they are missing their 2nd and 3rd.
Ottawa has excess picks in the coming draft - they have a total of 4 2nds and 2 3rds.

SAR - Sproviero
WSR - Kutkevicious
MISS - Carter
OS - Hancock

In the end, Hancock may cost too much, and Kutkevicious may not produce enough. So I predict:

Owen Sound is in a very interesting situation this season.

Depending on how things shake out as we near the trade deadline Owen Sound could make tweaks to the lineup or stand pat. For the moment the team is in probably the best possible position standings wise with home ice contention still in arms reach.

I can't see KH being moved at the moment, but as we the fans all know every player has a price and if there's a team that is willing to pay the price, then any player on any team could be moved this year.

However the senior talent in the league is fairly heavy this year and not a lot of spots open unless your a bottom 10 in each conference who needs a senior leadership role.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
F Felhaber - too old
F Chmelevsky - AHL
F Clark - AHL
G DiPietro - AHL

SAR - Sproviero
WSR - Kutkevicious
MISS - Carter
OS - Hancock

Personally, I think we lose too much to be a serious contender next year. We can be competitive for sure but a contender? Dunno. I doubt Hoefenmeyer will return as an OA. I know we will be solid but for our current management to think we are a serious contender is silly.

I think they feel they can be really good and they don’t want to throw away assets this year for no big reason when they have open OA spots that can be filled first.

There are rumblings about the possibility of Barron being returned. If that happens, one OA spot will be filled. Then trading a couple 2nds and 3rds for a stud OA isn’t a big deal especially if they are mostly 2019 picks.F

Adding role players as OA’s at this point is probably pretty pointless. Hypothetically speaking, if we add one serious OA our top 9 would be Chmelevski, Felhaber, KEating, Rossi, Clarke, Clark the OA, Hoelscher and Bitten. Both Hoelscher and Bitten would be considered role players so to speak so why add a role player to drop one of those guys down to the 4th line or acquire that player to play 4th line? It doesn’t really make sense. It is another thing if we are acquiring a stud scoring player and dropping a guy like Bitten to the 4th line.

I do see Ottawa filling their two OA spots. The role player could be a D-Man though. Having that extra D-Man for depth is probably a good thing.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It is another thing if we are acquiring a stud scoring player and dropping a guy like Bitten to the 4th line.
Carter leads Mississauga in scoring; twice the points of Bitten in fewer games. He might be had for two 2nds.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Owen Sound is in a very interesting situation this season.

Depending on how things shake out as we near the trade deadline Owen Sound could make tweaks to the lineup or stand pat. For the moment the team is in probably the best possible position standings wise with home ice contention still in arms reach.

I can't see KH being moved at the moment, but as we the fans all know every player has a price and if there's a team that is willing to pay the price, then any player on any team could be moved this year.

However the senior talent in the league is fairly heavy this year and not a lot of spots open unless your a bottom 10 in each conference who needs a senior leadership role.
I cant believe people are still thinking Owen Sound should or will make a run at it. If you honestly think that then you need to sit in the stands and be ashamed. They are in no position to make a run because they havent got the depth or the assets to do anything other then sell..... why cant people get this through their heads. If they stand pat then they are truly screwed and DD will lose his job. Damn it anyway....... SO FRUSTRATING

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
As for Villardi why the hell would you trade for a guy with a back made of glass? You dont waste a deal on a huge maybe. If he wasnt seriously injured he would be dressing for Team Canada. No kid would miss that unless hes right screwed. Hes a non factor. Kingston would have to pay me to take him.

Reactions: three dog night

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I cant believe people are still thinking Owen Sound should or will make a run at it. If you honestly think that then you need to sit in the stands and be ashamed. They are in no position to make a run because they havent got the depth or the assets to do anything other then sell..... why cant people get this through their heads. If they stand pat then they are truly screwed and DD will lose his job. Damn it anyway....... SO FRUSTRATING

I think the big problem is OS and SSM. Neither team should be a buyer. The problem is they are both relatively high in the standings and have been doing well. The bigger problem is if both sell they are their own worst enemy. Their players will create a buyers market meaning they’d probably not get as much as they should for the, If they both buy they create a sellers market and they don’t have the assets to buy.

IT is a really bad situation me thinks...

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
As for Villardi why the hell would you trade for a guy with a back made of glass? You dont waste a deal on a huge maybe. If he wasnt seriously injured he would be dressing for Team Canada. No kid would miss that unless hes right screwed. Hes a non factor. Kingston would have to pay me to take him.
A healthy Vilardi is absolutely dominant at this level. Not sure how you could see him as a non-factor.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I think the big problem is OS and SSM. Neither team should be a buyer. The problem is they are both relatively high in the standings and have been doing well. The bigger problem is if both sell they are their own worst enemy. Their players will create a buyers market meaning they’d probably not get as much as they should for the, If they both buy they create a sellers market and they don’t have the assets to buy.

IT is a really bad situation me thinks...

I can't complain as a Greyhounds fan. An extremely young team that was expected to be mediocre is in a dogfight with London for the conference lead.

Our GM is still free to sell as much as he wishes and has a loyal fanbase that will back his decisions either way. There's nothing bad about this situation.

Reactions: soo hound girl

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
A healthy Vilardi is absolutely dominant at this level. Not sure how you could see him as a non-factor.
Even when. he actually returns to play.. how rusty will he be coming off back issues? And then how fragile will he be coming off back injuries? Is he durable to last all the way until late May?

Reactions: OS Fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Even when. he actually returns to play.. how rusty will he be coming off back issues? And then how fragile will he be coming off back injuries? Is he durable to last all the way until late May?

Isn’t it somewhat similar to last season? He played the entire playoff for Kingston.

Reactions: ohloutsider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad