Trade Proposals 2018-2019

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not enough I thought. He went for nearly half of what an elite forward like Robertson or Raddysh have gone for recently.

I think a trade at last deadline would have fetched a Vilaardi or Thomas type return; but this year, ‘67s were bidding against Saginaw & ?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I think a trade at last deadline would have fetched a Vilaardi or Thomas type return; but this year, ‘67s were bidding against Saginaw & ?

DiPietro is perhaps the top goalie in the league, so I'm sure there were some other teams in on him. Even if it were just 2, I think they could have waited for injuries or poor performance.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
DiPietro is perhaps the top goalie in the league, so I'm sure there were some other teams in on him. Even if it were just 2, I think they could have waited for injuries or poor performance.

Maybe so. But Rychel likely wanted to get the deal done sooner than later. I mean, DiPietro could suffer an injury too. He'll play a lot of hockey between now and the deadline. The last thing WR needs is for DiPietro to come back from the WJC after suffering a major injury while still a member of the Spits.

And I know this is a stretch, but in the event the unlikely happens and DiPietro is returned for an OA season, (I know I know), he could finish his career in Windsor as he'd be able to be traded back to Windsor. See the 13 month rule.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
I believe the Rangers decision to go for it last year was made at the time they made the Jeremy Bracco trade to Windsor. Because it was probably at that time that it was determined that Logan Stanley would come to Kitchener in the off-season to complete that trade. No way they have a graduating Logan Stanley come here without trying to go for it.

Maybe they did not have intents on going for it last year before that trade, but since Bracco would only go to Windsor, and Windsor's lack of young assets and picks at the time, may have made Kitchener management decide, "Let's make the most of a bad thing" (Bracco's refusal to go anywhere but Windsor), take Logan Stanley, and then put in motion the building process for a long run last year.

The Rangers had the assets to do so. It also could have been as far back as the Bracco trade where preliminary talks started concerning the Logan Brown to Kitchener trade. There were rumours out there last year that Brown to Kitchener was a done deal long before it happened - likely because Ladd couldn't be involved in the deal until the January window.

Some even opined that Windsor may have had some influence on who the Rangers would select with their 2017 1st round pick since it was already determined that player would wind up in a Spit uniform.

Of course, we'll never really know if that were true.

Were London and Kitchener not close on a deal for Bracco only to have London get Mitchell Stephens instead? If I remember it was Windsor or London only

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
From all accounts it was Windsor only. He wanted to be guaranteed to play in the Memorial Cup. Also, his buddy Christian Fischer was Windsor property and there was a long shot hope Fischer would wind up there.

But for all intents and purposes, it was host city Windsor or bust.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Preface: *I don't think the Gens will trade Keyser*
But let's say they do

To OS:
-Kyle Keyser

To OSH:
-Mack Guzda
-OS 2nd in '22
-OS 2nd in '24
-SAG 3rd in '20

Could make sense for both teams. OS (who I still think can easily finish 3rd and make the WCF) gets by far the best goalie in the West. Oshawa gets a good young goalie for next year so they don't have to take one in the import draft and picks

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Here’s is what I think London can offer:

To Kingston:
Evangelista, 2 x 2nds conditional

To London:
Vilardi

To Flint:
Duhart Parrott Nelson, 2 x 2nds

To London:
Dellandra, Gordeev

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Are the Kings even sending Vilardi back or are they keeping him in Ontario where they can monitor is back issues.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

To Kingston:

To London:
Vilardi

To Flint:
Duhart Parrott Nelson, 2 x 2nds

To London:
Dellandra, Gordeev

London:
Dellandrea, Gordeev

Flint:
McMichael, Evangelista

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
London:
Dellandrea, Gordeev

Flint:
McMichael, Evangelista
London won’t trade McMichael

They are too smart and have too many other assets that there is no need. Some other opportunity will be out there for them if that’s somehow what Flint demands.

Reactions: zman77

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
London:
Dellandrea, Gordeev

Flint:
McMichael, Evangelista

The Knights won’t trade C Mac, but Evangelista would have to go to Flint in a Dellandrea trade.
Perhaps Evangelista, Duhart and Popov plus some picks? Flint I’m sure would rather have bodies than picks.
If the Knights have any cards left after that, they could go after one of the OA forwards. Timms + picks for ?

Reactions: zman77

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Knights won’t trade C Mac, but Evangelista would have to go to Flint in a Dellandrea trade.
Perhaps Evangelista, Duhart and Popov plus some picks? Flint I’m sure would rather have bodies than picks.
If the Knights have any cards left after that, they could go after one of the OA forwards. Timms + picks for ?

pretty sure Flint would want Dellandrea back or two can’t miss players. If healthy, Flint will have to cut down to fit 2 draft picks & import.
The only reason that I can think of for Flint playing short while injured is an unwillingness to pay more education packages

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
But let's say they do

To OS:
-Kyle Keyser

To OSH:
-Mack Guzda
-OS 2nd in '22
-OS 2nd in '24
-SAG 3rd in '20

Could make sense for both teams. OS (who I still think can easily finish 3rd and make the WCF) gets by far the best goalie in the West. Oshawa gets a good young goalie for next year so they don't have to take one in the import draft and picks

Goalie is the most important position, and OS need one more than any team in the league. If OS did that and took a stab at Villardi whose value will be down significantly, they would look much better. OS fans seem to love future draft picks so they may not be willing to trade assets to help them win now, even if those assets are 5 to 8 years away from having any impact on the ice.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah but who knows when he will be healthy enough to begin play in the ohl
If I’m Kingston I’m trying to trade him for whatever I can get m
That said, if I’m any other team - zero chance I trade for him. Yes he’s a great talent but has so much injury history and has barely played the last 1.5 years. It’s a huge risk. So unless a team gets him super cheap, no need to use assets on him. Certainly conditions should be applied to any move with him

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Goalie is the most important position, and OS need one more than any team in the league. If OS did that and took a stab at Villardi whose value will be down significantly, they would look much better. OS fans seem to love future draft picks so they may not be willing to trade assets to help them win now, even if those assets are 5 to 8 years away from having any impact on the ice.

Agreed. OS fans seem to want to sell but I don’t think they’re far off from competing. Especially because all the best goalies are all in the east (Keyser, DiPietro, UPL, Jones). It’s really just Villalta and whoever London’s starter is at the time who’s above average in the West right now. Getting Keyser would be huge for any west team

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
But let's say they do

To OS:
-Kyle Keyser

To OSH:
-Mack Guzda
-OS 2nd in '22
-OS 2nd in '24
-SAG 3rd in '20

I think you need to look at the DiPietro trade and photo copy it.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

To Kingston:

To London:
Vilardi

I think if there are conditional picks in any trade for Vilardi, I am not sure it makes sense to include a 2018 1st.

Reactions: OHLTG

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I think the biggest issue for Flint and a Dellandrea trade is getting the 16 and 17 year olds to waive no trades to go to that gong show.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Unless Vilardi is given a "he's 100% healthy" nod before the trade, I don't see any way a team gives up a 2018 1st for him. MAYBE a depth guy, but more likely tons of conditional picks.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Unless Vilardi is given a "he's 100% healthy" nod before the trade, I don't see any way a team gives up a 2018 1st for him. MAYBE a depth guy, but more likely tons of conditional picks.
Personally, I believe Kingston is on the hook for two 2nds if he returns. It looks like regardless of whether he skates or not, he is being returned which means Kingston loses those picks.

I would imagine Kingston would be asking for two 2nds plus conditionals as the minimum return for Vilardi. If they can’t get the two 2nds without condition, it will be pretty sad.

Reactions: dirty12

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Personally, I believe Kingston is on the hook for two 2nds if he returns. It looks like regardless of whether he skates or not, he is being returned which means Kingston loses those picks.

I would imagine Kingston would be asking for two 2nds plus conditionals as the minimum return for Vilardi. If they can’t get the two 2nds without condition, it will be pretty sad.

That's how I understand it - Kgn 2nd 2027/2028 go to Windsor once Vilardi is returned. (which he was)

I'll be interested to see if they can get the two 2nds back without conditions. Is a GM going to take that risk? I can see a single 2nd OR a pair of mid-round picks, but two 2nds seems steep for a chance.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That's how I understand it - Kgn 2nd 2027/2028 go to Windsor once Vilardi is returned. (which he was)

I'll be interested to see if they can get the two 2nds back without conditions. Is a GM going to take that risk? I can see a single 2nd OR a pair of mid-round picks, but two 2nds seems steep for a chance.

Depending on the conditionals I could definitely see them getting that. HE is a dynamic player.

I am pretty cautious for the most part but if it were two 2nds plus two additional 2nds (conditional) and two additional 3rds (conditional), I’d be all over that if I were 99% certain he’d be ready to go by deadline day.

Where I would be weary is giving a real body that would be painful to give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad