Trade Proposals 2018-2019

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I made a thread like this last year. I know it may be a bit early, but feel free to post you ideas for trades.

For myself I would like some of these

To London: Nick Suzuki
To Owen Sound: Luke Evangelista, 4-2nds, 3-3rds

To London: Ty Dellandria, Fedor Gordeev
To Flint: Dalton Duhart, Sergey Popov, Riley Coome, 2-2nds, 5 -3rds

To Soo: Andrew Perrott, Jacob Golden, Josh Nelson,Matthew Timms(OA) 4-2nds, 2 3rds
To London: Morgan Frost, Jordan Sambrook(OA)

Reactions: hockeynorth

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I made a thread like this last year. I know it may be a bit early, but feel free to post you ideas for trades.

To Soo: Andrew Perrott, Jacob Golden, Josh Nelson,Matthew Timms(OA) 4-2nds, 2 3rds

The Suzuki one could go down like that, probably could even take out a 2nd. You'll need good young players in any Morgan Frost trade not just veterans who arent cracking the roster though. SSM probably wouldn't want Coome, Nelson or Golden all as '99s if they're trading their top guys to rebuild

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The Suzuki one could go down like that, probably could even take out a 2nd. You'll need good young players in any Morgan Frost trade not just veterans who arent cracking the roster though. SSM probably wouldn't want Coome, Nelson or Golden all as '99s if they're trading their top guys to rebuild
True enough for sure! maybe Flint would want them

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I like this thread though, how about:

To OSH:
-Jonathan Yantsis ('99)

To KIT:
-2 2nds+2 3rds
or
-Nick Wong ('01)+3rd

I'd want a conditional pick(s) included if and when Yantsis plays an OA season. Also, I'm not so sure about Wong. Being from the other conference, I haven't seen him play so I don't have much to go on. But his point totals raise a red flag with me. Maybe the two 2nds and two 3rds plus conditional pick(s) may be the better deal from the Rangers point of view.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017

Frost and Sambrook = 5 seconds +3 thirds + McMichael
We don’t want Timms or Goldon

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I'll jump in with my trade proposal:

To Guelph:
'99 F Nick McHugh
'99 F Greg Meireles

To Kitchener:
'01 F Tag Bertuzzi
'01 D Mark Woolley
Conditional 2nd in '21
Conditional 2nd in '22

- Rangers would want youth. A forward and D in this deal.

- No way Guelph moves D Chayka unless an elite player comes Guelph's way. That leaves him available if the Storm want to go big in another trade. Woolley is the only other D young enough, good enough and able to be traded to interest the Rangers.

- The fact the conditional picks involved are relatively distant also allows Guelph to make another big deal if they wish.

- McHugh and Meireles are two of the top shutdown forwards in the league (just ask Frost and Kyrou) and this year they're putting up points as well. McHugh at a ppg. Meireles over a ppg.

- Both are great bets to play OA seasons and would hold better value for the Storm in trade than the two conditional picks Kitchener would get, should they decide to deal them next year.

- Bertuzzi is underachieving considering where he was drafted and therefore, somewhat of a gamble by the Rangers that he will eventually live up to expectations. On this contending team, he isn't playing a major role and is therefore, expendable in an "all in" year.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
You guys better come stronger than only two 2nd rounders in any deal that includes Dellandrea, let alone one with Gordeev included.

Especially since Dellandrea is only a 2000 birthdate.

But then, based on Barclay Branch's history making trades, you can't blame posters on here pitching one sided deals Flint's way.

Lucas Rowe to Kingston for a 12th just three weeks after giving up two 2nds and a 3rd for him???

BB should be afraid to show his face in public anywhere in Flint.

Reactions: WolvesFan and OSA

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I'd want a conditional pick(s) included if and when Yantsis plays an OA season. Also, I'm not so sure about Wong. Being from the other conference, I haven't seen him play so I don't have much to go on. But his point totals raise a red flag with me. Maybe the two 2nds and two 3rds plus conditional pick(s) may be the better deal from the Rangers point of view.

17 goals as a true rookie. This year on pace for 15 on a pretty good Gens team where he plays 3rd line and gets very little powerplay time. I think he'd be good given a top 6 role on a younger team. I assume he'll be the Gens biggest player asset if they decide to go for it this year

Reactions: EvenSteven

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another one I could see happening:

To OSH:
-Luke Burghardt ('98)

To NB:
-2nd
-4th

(using the precedent of Lyszczarczyk for 3rd+5th+8th. Lys had 21 goals and 41 points in 59 games last year while Burghardt had 28 goals and 71 points in 68 games, but then has missed all year to this point with an injury)

Reactions: LR8

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Especially since Dellandrea is only a 2000 birthdate.

But then, based on Barclay Branch's history making trades, you can't blame posters on here pitching one sided deals Flint's way.

Lucas Rowe to Kingston for a 12th just three weeks after giving up two 2nds and a 3rd for him???

BB should be afraid to show his face in public anywhere in Flint.

Rowe deal must have had something to do with the earlier waiving of an import. Can't be that one sided. Agree the trade proposed would not be fair for Flint.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Sarnia Trades...

Alexandre Hogue 01' - Defenseman
Aidan Hughes - 99' - Goalie

To Niagara for...

Colton Incze 99' - Goalie
4th rd pick

Why would Niagara do this? Don't need a goalie in return nor another L shot undersized 01 D.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Rowe deal must have had something to do with the earlier waiving of an import. Can't be that one sided. Agree the trade proposed would not be fair for Flint.

I don't know. London was going to have to waive one of the imports and Flint had 1st pick. Flint would have just waited for London to waive an import and just claimed him.

If BB compensated London for waiving an import, then he's stupider than I thought.

Again, a 1st round OHLer with three years left in the league for just a 12th rounder? I don't care who the first rounder is. That's a vast underpayment.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015

Reasons why you're dreaming:

-Dellandrea is as valuable as Suzuki...both are 13th overall NHL picks, play the same position, and Dellandrea is a year younger. Sure, Dellandrea hasn't scored as much at the OHL level, but Suzuki has been on better teams.
-Yes, Duhart is a hometown boy, and his dad was a minor-pro fan favorite in Flint, but you're banking on Flint overvaluing him for those reasons.
-Flint has little need for another low-scoring winger and D-man.
-If you're including Gordeev, you'd need to flip-flop the picks you're offering...5-2nds, 2-3rds.

Reasons why you could just pull this one off:

-Barclay Branch is at the helm.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Dellandrea and Gordeev for Stepien 01, Baber 01, Katic 00 and 2-2nds 2-3rds.

I was going to come here to post something to that effect but that's too many bodies. We still need to ice a full line up. Also any Dellandrea deal, or any big name for that matter, will most likely mean your first rounder and we aren't parting with Perfetti or Porco. I'd let the package deal idea go.

I'd rather do two smaller deals.

1) Gordeev for Penman, SBY 2nd 2021, LDN 3rd 2019, PBO 3rd 2020....probably will need a conditional on there to incase of OA
2) Maksimovich for Stepien, SAR 3rd 2019, SAG 4th 2022

Adds a solid Top 6 forward and Top 4 dman for reasonably cheap and saves a lot of ammo for the second year of the two year window we have.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Reasons why you're dreaming:

-Dellandrea is as valuable as Suzuki...both are 13th overall NHL picks, play the same position, and Dellandrea is a year younger. Sure, Dellandrea hasn't scored as much at the OHL level, but Suzuki has been on better teams.
-Yes, Duhart is a hometown boy, and his dad was a minor-pro fan favorite in Flint, but you're banking on Flint overvaluing him for those reasons.
-Flint has little need for another low-scoring winger and D-man.
-If you're including Gordeev, you'd need to flip-flop the picks you're offering...5-2nds, 2-3rds.

Reasons why you could just pull this one off:

-Barclay Branch is at the helm.
That sums it up pretty well. I'd say it should be fairly comparative to the Robertson/Paquette deal. While I think Robertson and Paquette (or Suzuki for that matter) will produce more this year for an OHL team, I think Dellandrea and possibly Gordeev project as better NHL prospects and both are likely to return next year. Kingston landed Billy Constantinou, a 17yo 3rd round OHL pick that is in the top 10 NHL draft eligible OHL players and Ian Martin, a 17yo 3rd round OHL RW. 4 2nd round picks, 3 3rd round picks, 5th, 7th, 11th and 13th round picks. I'd be nice to see Duhart in a Flint jersey, but I don't see any of THOSE 3 Knights as impact players now or possibly in the future.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Would Duhart and Perrott be comparable to Martin and Constantinou?
London’s 2nd and 3rd rounders from a year ago?
Perrott is much liked by London fans, but doesn’t play over Golden for some reason.
Perrott, Duhart and 5 2nds for Dellandrea and Gordeev. As well as some later picks and conditionals.
The Knights could throw in Popov as an apology for Rowe.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Would Duhart and Perrott be comparable to Martin and Constantinou?
London’s 2nd and 3rd rounders from a year ago?
Perrott is much liked by London fans, but doesn’t play over Golden for some reason.
Perrott, Duhart and 5 2nds for Dellandrea and Gordeev. As well as some later picks and conditionals.
The Knights could throw in Popov as an apology for Rowe.

Yeah not a bad comparison. Duhart is better than Martin but Constantinou is better than Perrott

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad