Trade Proposals 2018-2019

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
In lieu of Bayshore Fred saying an OS and East team trade is coming tomorrow I’ll guess,

To OTT:
-Sean Durzi

To OS:
-2nd in ‘19
-2nd in ‘20
-3rd in ‘19

Seems about right. I’d be a happy 67’s fan.

But, what if OS does a complete about face and the deal is Keyser going to OS? How interesting would that be?

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016

But, what if OS does a complete about face and the deal is Keyser going to OS? How interesting would that be?

Can’t happen due to Keyser being at the WJC. Fred said the trade was to happen tomorrow when the trade freeze lifts.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Hearing a lot of buzz that it will be a central division club that will be in the movement, nothing confirmed yet by sources but a 2 for 2 swap is what I'm hearing

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Hearing a lot of buzz that it will be a central division club that will be in the movement, nothing confirmed yet by sources but a 2 for 2 swap is what I'm hearing

No need for the cryptic post acting like it's revealing inside information, we've all seen the tweet lol

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
No need for the cryptic post acting like it's revealing inside information, we've all seen the tweet lol

It's not the tweet that's cryptic not sure 100% of of what players maybe swapped hearing a 2 for 2 deal and that it's NB that will likely be the team that is the movement partner not 100% positive on who gets shuffled around though

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
what deals are pending? I know that J.Keane to London is all but done...

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just spitballing here. But I thought this would make sense for both sides:

To Kitchener:
2nds in 19, 20, 21, *24
3rds in 19, 20, *24

To Saginaw:
Damiani
Richardson

This would be part one of a two-part trade. Damiani is a 00 birthdate who'll be a front line player for the Spirit this year and next. The two conditional picks in 24 are if Damiani plays an OA year. Though not expected, if he does play an OA year, Saginaw easily gets that and more for him in return should they be in sell mode. He'd be one of the top OA's in the league.

Richardson is included to give Saginaw some insurance in net. I think he's shown signs that he'd be ok on a contender. He may be an OA option next year. This allows Lennox to be sent back down to develop properly getting #1 minutes at that level. Kitchener would have to deal for a placeholder in net on the cheap to back up Pfiel who'd get the bulk of the starts post trade deadline.

Then in the off season:
To Kitchener:
Lennox

To Saginaw:
2nd in 20
3rd in 20

Kitchener gets who they hope develops into their future #1. He'd share the crease with Pfiel next year. Then going into 20-21, a year the Rangers should contend, Lennox should be the #1.

Saginaw gets a couple picks back to use as ammunition to buy at the 2020 trade deadline as they should be going all in.

At the end of the day:

To Kitchener:
Lennox
2nd in 19, 21, *24
3rd in 19, *24

To Saginaw:
Damiani
Richardson

Saginaw buys a high end (though not elite) player and holds onto their quality youth that'll be needed this year but more importantly, next year when they should go all in. They would still have lots in the cupboard if they continue to add this year. They feel they can move Lennox as he may not be ready for the #1 role for next year's all in year.

Rangers get a couple picks in the 19 draft who they'll hope develop into key contributors two years from now when they aim to contend. And most importantly, they add hope in a highly touted, though yet unproven, goalie who, if he pans out, should be a bonafide #1 by the time they contend.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Just spitballing here. But I thought this would make sense for both sides:

To Kitchener:
2nds in 19, 20, 21, *24
3rds in 19, 20, *24

To Saginaw:
Damiani
Richardson

This would be part one of a two-part trade. Damiani is a 00 birthdate who'll be a front line player for the Spirit this year and next. The two conditional picks in 24 are if Damiani plays an OA year. Though not expected, if he does play an OA year, Saginaw easily gets that and more for him in return should they be in sell mode. He'd be one of the top OA's in the league.

Richardson is included to give Saginaw some insurance in net. I think he's shown signs that he'd be ok on a contender. He may be an OA option next year. This allows Lennox to be sent back down to develop properly getting #1 minutes at that level. Kitchener would have to deal for a placeholder in net on the cheap to back up Pfiel who'd get the bulk of the starts post trade deadline.

Then in the off season:
To Kitchener:
Lennox

To Saginaw:
2nd in 20
3rd in 20

Kitchener gets who they hope develops into their future #1. He'd share the crease with Pfiel next year. Then going into 20-21, a year the Rangers should contend, Lennox should be the #1.

Saginaw gets a couple picks back to use as ammunition to buy at the 2020 trade deadline as they should be going all in.

At the end of the day:

To Kitchener:
Lennox
2nd in 19, 21, *24
3rd in 19, *24

To Saginaw:
Damiani
Richardson

Saginaw buys a high end (though not elite) player and holds onto their quality youth that'll be needed this year but more importantly, next year when they should go all in. They would still have lots in the cupboard if they continue to add this year. They feel they can move Lennox as he may not be ready for the #1 role for next year's all in year.

Rangers get a couple picks in the 19 draft who they'll hope develop into key contributors two years from now when they aim to contend. And most importantly, they add hope in a highly touted, though yet unproven, goalie who, if he pans out, should be a bonafide #1 by the time they contend.

No thanks. Can't we just deal for Richardson on the cheap send Lennox back down and run those two the following season? Save the higher picks for someone else.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
No thanks. Can't we just deal for Richardson on the cheap send Lennox back down and run those two the following season? Save the higher picks for someone else.

You could, but you're missing out on the value Damiani would bring to your team this post season and next. In order to get a comparable player of the same age you'd have to give up more picks and/or a quality young player off today's roster.

In this deal, you'd be giving up a player (Lennox) who won't factor greatly this year or next and three high picks. And if Damiani were ever returned to play an OA season, you cash in on his trade value.

Had Lennox been a year older and more proven, no way Saginaw makes the deal - but he's not.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
You could, but you're missing out on the value Damiani would bring to your team this post season and next. In order to get a comparable player of the same age you'd have to give up more picks and/or a quality young player off today's roster.

In this deal, you'd be giving up a player (Lennox) who won't factor greatly this year or next and three high picks. And if Damiani were ever returned to play an OA season, you cash in on his trade value.

Had Lennox been a year older and more proven, no way Saginaw makes the deal - but he's not.

He's obviously proven enough you want him for next year. I'd rather keep Lennox.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
He's obviously proven enough you want him for next year. I'd rather keep Lennox.

Fair enough. But in my trade proposal, I had him sharing duties next year with a veteran then being the #1 the year after.

If you guys feel he can be the #1 back stop for a team going all in to contend, as you should be next year, then by all means you'd keep him. But that's a tall task for a 17 year old with minimal minutes played in his 16 year old year.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
How about Hugg for Michnac and a 4th.

Truth be told, that doesn't get us much except the fourth round pick. Plus we have to move out an OA to make room for him. Initially I thought it would've been a sideways move for you guys. However, it would free up an overage spot for you guys. Then you add a high end OA.

Based on the fact that we would not be gaining much except the pick, I would expect a little more than a fourth rounder for a player playing on the Swedish world junior championship team.

Switch the 4th to a 2nd and we can maybe talk.

You guys have to ask yourself: Are you better with Hugg plus a high end OA in the lineup or Michnac plus all the picks you would have to give up to get Hugg plus the OA?

If you favor the second choice, you may then want to use your assets in a different way to make an addition to your team that will benefit you this year and next. I'm not necessarily going back to the Damiani/Lennox two part deal, but you can make additions to your team spending probably the same assets on a couple 19-year-olds who will return next year as OA's.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Some ideas for the Greyhounds if they buy:

To SSM:
Jacob Brahaney

To Kingston:
Alex Johnston
3rd round pick in 2020

Kingston continues their rebuild with a solid 01 forward and another draft pick. The Greyhounds need a good left shot defenseman to solidify their blueline and will have OA room for him next year.

To SSM:
Rickard Hugg

To Kitchener:
Zack Trott
2nd round pick in 2021 (Windsor)
4th round pick in 2020

Hugg is a heck of a player that would get more in another market, but the demand for imports is non-existent and the Greyhounds might take advantage of it. I could also see them going after Sushko in Owen Sound.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
As a Ranger fan, I like the deal for Hugg. As you said, it's tough to get value for an import. In light of that, the 2nd and 4th is fair return for Hugg. Better that than have him play out his OHL career without a shot at a long playoff run. I don't believe the Soo should be selling but buying on the cheap. This type of deal works for you.

Perhaps we could expand the deal to include a 99 or two that we have who'll be back for an OA season? They'd have value if and when you sell off next year. One or two high end OA's plus Hayton would restock your cupboard.

Adding Trott makes room for Hugg on your roster and though not a higher end player, I like the idea of him coming here as it gets him closer to home. Also, on a personal note, a buddy of mine is a family friend of the Trotts so that interests me too.

Reactions: Fischhaber

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
I'm going to ask this...with Stan Butler back behind the bench and the Battalion on a hot streak (6 in a row after this afternoon's win) - do they move to be more "buyers" than sellers at the deadline - and *if* they make a move - 1.) Is Brazeau still in play (and for what price, given the year he's having) 2.) Who do you see as a good fit in Green and why? I used to think "full rebuild", no question - with everyone (including J. Brazeau) in play. Now, honestly - I'm not so sure.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm going to ask this...with Stan Butler back behind the bench and the Battalion on a hot streak (6 in a row after this afternoon's win) - do they move to be more "buyers" than sellers at the deadline - and *if* they make a move - 1.) Is Brazeau still in play (and for what price, given the year he's having) 2.) Who do you see as a good fit in Green and why? I used to think "full rebuild", no question - with everyone (including J. Brazeau) in play. Now, honestly - I'm not so sure.

That’s a tough one. You want to maximize Brazeau’s value. Does that mean trade him; or, attract fans to the gate to see franchise records fall.
NB does not (need) more picks/youth as they have an ‘01-3rd sitting, an ‘02-2nd & 3rd in jrA, and a few extra picks with only the OA graduating.
The offer for Brazeau has to be really good

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So the 1st round picks can be moved starting tomorrow so things should get interesting shortly.

Usually 1st rounders don't go for non-World Junior players though. So that likely won't really come into play until the tournament is over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad