Trade Proposals 2018-2019

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Morgan Frost to Oshawa for Tyler Tullio, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds.

The Hounds scouted Tullio heavily leading up to the draft, but Oshawa took him a little higher than expected. I imagine that they still like him a lot.

Pairing Serron Noel with the league's leading scorer would be awfully fun to watch.

Something tells me the GM won’t trade the owners son....

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
This is possibly shaping up to be a buyers market with Hamilton and OS likely selling. If teams like the Soo and Missy decide to sell it leaves London, Ottawa, Oshawa, Niagara (who have maybe one move left) and maybe the wolves. Could be many big names on the market with limited buyers. Might see returns go down compared to previous years.

Reactions: LDN

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Soooo.....Hakon Nilsen won't be filling any contender's open OA spot???

LOL. No. Unless Flint turns things around and does a complete 180 and finds themselves with home ice in the playoffs. Then he'll be on a contender!

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I sure would hope that Saginaw, Guelph or the Soo have something to say in the West!
Please don't let London walk through the Western conference without a real test from any other teams.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I sure would hope that Saginaw, Guelph or the Soo have something to say in the West!
Please don't let London walk through the Western conference without a real test from any other teams.

I have to wonder if Owen Sound and Kitchener made a mistake in going for it last season instead of this season. Much of their cores are back, but they made expensive additions last year and can't afford it now.

The path to the finals would have been far, far easier this season. There isn't a dominant team in the Conference with a shallow Knights team and a rookie-laden Hounds roster battling for first.

Reactions: LDN

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
I have to wonder if Owen Sound and Kitchener made a mistake in going for it last season instead of this season. Much of their cores are back, but they made expensive additions last year and can't afford it now.

The path to the finals would have been far, far easier this season. There isn't a dominant team in the Conference with a shallow Knights team and a rookie-laden Hounds roster battling for first.
Shallow Knights team? They are ridiculously deep my friend

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

who are you a fan of again? LOL

Reactions: zman77

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

London has won 14 straight and haven't lost since Formenton/Bouchard came back.

I don't think last season's OS or Kitchener is better than this current edition of the Knights team...especially when London inevitably adds.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
London has won 14 straight and haven't lost since Formenton/Bouchard came back.

I don't think last season's OS or Kitchener is better than this current edition of the Knights team...especially when London inevitably adds.
Been to 12 games this season, 11 at home and 1 in london and man can I say what a great place your guys building is to watch hockey

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

London has 2 of the top 5 goalies in the West, 2 skaters straight from the NHL in Formenton and Bouchard. 3 high end prospects in the coming draft in McMichael, Guskov, Dunkley. An import who just went 8th overall in the NHL draft and 8 NHL draft picks in total (5 of them in the 3rd round or higher). And they just got a 1C transfer over from the NCAA.

And on top of all of that, they have 11 2nd round picks and 10 3rd round picks in the next 5 drafts...... Depending on what other teams do, this will either turn into one of the best OHL team's we've seen in a long time, or they just add minimally knowing that they can still win the West and will also have a million assets for the next 7 years.... Either way the OHL is screwed lol

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

I believe the Rangers decision to go for it last year was made at the time they made the Jeremy Bracco trade to Windsor. Because it was probably at that time that it was determined that Logan Stanley would come to Kitchener in the off-season to complete that trade. No way they have a graduating Logan Stanley come here without trying to go for it.

Maybe they did not have intents on going for it last year before that trade, but since Bracco would only go to Windsor, and Windsor's lack of young assets and picks at the time, may have made Kitchener management decide, "Let's make the most of a bad thing" (Bracco's refusal to go anywhere but Windsor), take Logan Stanley, and then put in motion the building process for a long run last year.

The Rangers had the assets to do so. It also could have been as far back as the Bracco trade where preliminary talks started concerning the Logan Brown to Kitchener trade. There were rumours out there last year that Brown to Kitchener was a done deal long before it happened - likely because Ladd couldn't be involved in the deal until the January window.

Some even opined that Windsor may have had some influence on who the Rangers would select with their 2017 1st round pick since it was already determined that player would wind up in a Spit uniform.

Of course, we'll never really know if that were true.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hey Square Corners, are you for real or what?
This London team needs at least 2 forwards and a defenceman to win the OHL title this year.
The way you present things , all other teams in the league should just bow out and surrender the championship to them.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Hey Square Corners, are you for real or what?
This London team needs at least 2 forwards and a defenceman to win the OHL title this year.
The way you present things , all other teams in the league should just bow out and surrender the championship to them.

Hey OHL insideout, do you think Evangelista, Popov and 11 2nds +10 3rds is enough to get 2 forwards and a Dman?

What's that? It's more than enough, you think they could probably get 4 high end forwards and 3 Dmen with all those assets? Oh okay, thanks!

Reactions: Uncle and dirty12

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I believe the Rangers decision to go for it last year was made at the time they made the Jeremy Bracco trade to Windsor. Because it was probably at that time that it was determined that Logan Stanley would come to Kitchener in the off-season to complete that trade. No way they have a graduating Logan Stanley come here without trying to go for it.

Maybe they did not have intents on going for it last year before that trade, but since Bracco would only go to Windsor, and Windsor's lack of young assets and picks at the time, may have made Kitchener management decide, "Let's make the most of a bad thing" (Bracco's refusal to go anywhere but Windsor), take Logan Stanley, and then put in motion the building process for a long run last year.

The Rangers had the assets to do so. It also could have been as far back as the Bracco trade where preliminary talks started concerning the Logan Brown to Kitchener trade. There were rumours out there last year that Brown to Kitchener was a done deal long before it happened - likely because Ladd couldn't be involved in the deal until the January window.

Some even opined that Windsor may have had some influence on who the Rangers would select with their 2017 1st round pick since it was already determined that player would wind up in a Spit uniform.

Of course, we'll never really know if that were true.

It's always very interesting watching how things play out with Windsor. You have to wonder if there is more to the DiPietro trade as well, as the return was a major head scratcher. Thanks for sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad