Trade Proposals 2018-2019

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Why would Kingston ever do that?

They can wait until after the WJ's so everyone sees him dominate and now there's no conditionals, everyone is offering high end picks/players
If he gets sent back to the AHL then at least they get a mid/late pick. Not rocket science- something for nothing sounds better than nothing at all.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If he gets sent back to the AHL then at least they get a mid/late pick. Not rocket science- something for nothing sounds better than nothing at all.

He can't get sent to the AHL this year. He's only there right now on a conditioning stint because he was hurt. He's either NHL or OHL. You have to be 20 ('98 born or earlier) to be eligible for the AHL, he was born in '99

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
He can't get sent to the AHL this year. He's only there right now on a conditioning stint because he was hurt. He's either NHL or OHL. You have to be 20 ('98 born or earlier) to be eligible for the AHL, he was born in '99
I stand corrected. Thought he was possibly AHL bound. Kingston could be sitting on a gold mine.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
That goes for anyone who plays in the WJC. What if DiPietro tears his groin and doesn't play a game again this season?
thats why Windsor was smart....although price was low IMHO....Ottawa didnt even make any subtractions from their roster

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
With Vilardi 'a injury history, the only way I deal for him is if there are conditions on some of the picks I send the other way. Conditions on games played. Otherwise, I take my assets and do my shopping elsewhere for an elite forward.

Reactions: Buttsy and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
With Vilardi 'a injury history, the only way I deal for him is if there are conditions on some of the picks I send the other way. Conditions on games played. Otherwise, I take my assets and do my shopping elsewhere for an elite forward.
Vilardi can only be traded for picks...no way someone gives up a young player for that risk

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Vilardi can only be traded for picks...no way someone gives up a young player for that risk

There's no way you can say that. When healthy, Vilardi could easily be the best player in the entire OHL. You're telling me not 1 team would offer a young player for the best player in the OHL?

Logan Brown got hurt with 2 different injuries in his last OHL season (one at the WJC) and he got traded for a true rookie 1st rounder+2 2nds+3rd+5th. And Vilardi is considerably better than Brown at both ends of the ice

Reactions: WKBCFAN and dirty12

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
There's no way you can say that. When healthy, Vilardi could easily be the best player in the entire OHL. You're telling me not 1 team would offer a young player for the best player in the OHL?

Logan Brown got hurt with 2 different injuries in his last OHL season (one at the WJC) and he got traded for a true rookie 1st rounder+2 2nds+3rd+5th. And Vilardi is considerably better than Brown at both ends of the ice

Rumor has it that the Logan Brown to Kitchener trade was all but a done deal long before it actually happened - injuries or not.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Rumor has it that the Logan Brown to Kitchener trade was all but a done deal long before it actually happened - injuries or not.

Very well could've been, that was just the most recent example of a guy with injury history and issues getting traded for a lot with no injury conditionals that I could think of

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Ottawa fans. How about:

To Ottawa:
C- Greg Meireles - '99
LW- Nick McHugh - '99

To Kitchener:
RW Jack Quinn '01
D Lucas Peric '01
2nd in 19
2nd in 20

Both Meireles and McHugh are two of the best shut down forwards in the league as demonstrated in last year's post season. This year they are PPG players. Both should play OA seasons. Both Ottawa products.

You'd still have more than enough assets to round out your team with a couple high end OA's. One F and one D.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ottawa fans. How about:

To Ottawa:
C- Greg Meireles - '99
LW- Nick McHugh - '99

To Kitchener:
RW Jack Quinn '01
D Lucas Peric '01
2nd in 19
2nd in 20

Both Meireles and McHugh are two of the best shut down forwards in the league as demonstrated in last year's post season. This year they are PPG players. Both should play OA seasons. Both Ottawa products.

You'd still have more than enough assets to round out your team with a couple high end OA's. One F and one D.

Ottawa fans will say they will add with their draft picks and not give anyone away from the current roster. I don't believe that to be true, but I'm positive that's what they'll say lol

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Ottawa fans will say they will add with their draft picks and not give anyone away from the current roster. I don't believe that to be true, but I'm positive that's what they'll say lol

They may say it, but what are they going to do in Ottawa when they bring in two more OA's and say, an elite '99? Run a roster of 26 or 27 players? Lol.

That ought to make the youth on that team happy.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
They may say it, but what are they going to do in Ottawa when they bring in two more OA's and say, an elite '99? Run a roster of 26 or 27 players? Lol.

That ought to make the youth on that team happy.
Not ai issue as we only have 12 forwards now so bring in two forwards and we're only 14. With Chem gone and injuries the kids will play regular until february. Then yes icetime will go down but they'll be ok with it (I think) in view of situation. Still have gotten lots of icetime to develop for next year. No way you guys get Quinn/Peric. As General says we're trading picks and not just Ottawa posters saying it, James boyd said it this week. Plan in Ottawa is to be good for a few years, these two kids are our future.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Picks in next draft not as valuable as it looks to be a weak year class. Yes they are assets, but have an expiry of next april and then have to be used. Dont want to be stuck with 7 of the top 50 picks next year if it is weak. Perhaps Ottawa over pays on the next deal in order to get what they need. 7 of 50 from a weaker group is not good.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Picks in next draft not as valuable as it looks to be a weak year class. Yes they are assets, but have an expiry of next april and then have to be used. Dont want to be stuck with 7 of the top 50 picks next year if it is weak. Perhaps Ottawa over pays on the next deal in order to get what they need. 7 of 50 from a weaker group is not good.

Ottawa has two OA spots open.

They will use those two spots on players and will trade draft picks to fill them as is normal for OA trades. After that, unless there is a significant injury before the deadline, I can't see them trading for a 19 year old.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Ottawa has two OA spots open.

They will use those two spots on players and will trade draft picks to fill them as is normal for OA trades. After that, unless there is a significant injury before the deadline, I can't see them trading for a 19 year old.

Saigeon and Mattinen?
Hamilton needs picks badly. But are they willing to sell with a decent team there still?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Saigeon and Mattinen?
Hamilton needs picks badly. But are they willing to sell with a decent team there still?

They're on the verge of not making the playoffs even with all their guys still there. There's no question that they will be selling this year. Saigeon, Mattinen, Strome, Entwistle all on the block

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Saigeon and Mattinen?

Those are two names.

I figure they will want to add one forward for sure and I would think a kid like Saigeon would be at the top of the list with the type of game he brings as well as his Championship Ring from last year.

Whether they add a D-Man or a Forward with the other spot, who knows.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
I'm sure Owen Sound would entertain a package deal for both Nick Sizuki and Kevin Hancock. id hope the GM realizes we need draft picks BADLY!!!!!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I'm sure Owen Sound would entertain a package deal for both Nick Sizuki and Kevin Hancock. id hope the GM realizes we need draft picks BADLY!!!!!

That would be a big package. Doubtful they get packaged. That is two deals for sure.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Morgan Frost to Oshawa for Tyler Tullio, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds.

The Hounds scouted Tullio heavily leading up to the draft, but Oshawa took him a little higher than expected. I imagine that they still like him a lot.

Pairing Serron Noel with the league's leading scorer would be awfully fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad