Trade Proposals 2018-2019

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Villalta & Hayton to ‘67s for one forward and a boat load of picks, maybe.
This wouldn't surprise me either.
Rippon only wants to play in Ottawa.
Hadn't heard that. Substitute Hudson Wilson maybe?
I doubt Sambrook is in ‘67s plans when Durzi, Elliot, & Mattinen might all be available.
Don't discount Sambrook. He is legit, great shutdown defenseman and generates offense too. And wouldn't surprise me to see him packaged with Frost. Hollowell would be the other option to package with Frost. But it depends what Ottawa is looking for.

Reactions: dirty12

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
You must know something then that Hockey Canada brass don't.
As for no reason, both Ottawa and London are going to have 2 legitimate goalies to lean on during a long playoff run. If you really think you are riding Dhillon smoothly through a long run without any bumps I wish you well.
I think there are bigger needs than between the pipes for Niagara. If/when they spend their remaining picks, I don’t expect it to be on a goalie.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Reward either way in my opinion. I'd argue Dellandrea has a little better 200 ft game
Right. Dellandrea is just the more complete player. Ty has played 5 more games than Barrett this year. If you throw out Dellandrea's first 5 games when Flint was at their worst his offensive numbers are 20gp 13g 14a 27pts vs Hayton's 20gp 15g 18a 33pts. Not a huge difference considering one player is playing for Flint and one for the Soo. Throw in Dellandrea's 57.5 FO% to Barrett's 51.9%. Hayton is the more dynamic offensive threat but he doesn't actually produce much more offense considering the situations.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Glad we can all agree. Dellandrea has a better 200 ft game, is a more complete player, and will play an extra year in the OHL as a result. Wait, what? Something here doesn't quite jive...

Reactions: LDN
Right. Dellandrea is just the more complete player. Ty has played 5 more games than Barrett this year. If you throw out Dellandrea's first 5 games when Flint was at their worst his offensive numbers are 20gp 13g 14a 27pts vs Hayton's 20gp 15g 18a 33pts. Not a huge difference considering one player is playing for Flint and one for the Soo. Throw in Dellandrea's 57.5 FO% to Barrett's 51.9%. Hayton is the more dynamic offensive threat but he doesn't actually produce much more offense considering the situations.
Key stat is what he can do on the dot. Advantage Dellandrea.

Reactions: zman77

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
possibly Dellandrea, Frost, Hayton, Vilaardi, Enstwhile, Tippett; plus Saigeon, Hancock, Brazeau, Maksimovich ... Kingston may have been smart to make the early deal.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
He shouldnt be cheap...he is a fantastic player and I hope Erie gets proper compensation for him. I would say 2-2nds and 2-3rds

I’d say that is slightly over for an OA. I think fair market without a bid war for him and Saigeon should be no higher than two 2nds a 3rd and a 5th.

Reactions: Finster8

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa has two OA spots open. They don’t really have many roster spots available without really shuffling the deck and slighting some decent players.

I don’t see Ottawa dealing Tolnai unless they think he was a mistake pick.

Ottawa is in a precarious position. The players other teams would salivate over all have no trade clauses because they are in high school (Tolnai, Clarke, Quinn, Peric) and they all get decent minutes that probably wouldn’t significantly rise in another location. So there is no advantage for them to move on especially with some significant graduations after this season that would see then in a much better spot next year and still on a solid team.

So, because of that, Ottawa will be looking for OA’s first because it is very typical for OA’s to be moved for draft picks. If they do feel they need a goalie and Windsor is silly on the return for DiPietro, to me Villata is the prime target. He may actually be the best value for Ottawa as well. Others of interest would be Maksimovich and Saigeon. On defense I’d think Durzi would be the #1 target but Sambrook is also right there.

I don’t see Ottawa going after stud 19 year old forwards. They are already deep enough up front and with OA spots open they can get a top tier player as an OA much cheaper. I like Frost but Saigeon will provide stellar offense with a playoff edge which evens the playing field with Frost but would be damn near Half the price.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Well I will chime in on what Sudbury should do. In fact everyone has been leaving Sudbury out of any chatter. I guess its not a bad thing to float below the radar. However with Sudbury sitting in second in the Eastern Conference tie with Niagara, Oshawa and nearing the Christmas half way point I think they could possibly make a deal in a couple of areas to provide some depth to a team that is winning by committee. Every game different players have been providing the offence and really when you look at it thats what you want from all your lines. You can't solely rely on one two lines to provide you with the offence. So when I look around the league and see what teams need to sell to restock their draft cupboard I think Sudbury can take advantage of adding some valuable mid range pieces that won't cost as much as the Robertsons or Suszki's of the league.

A team like Erie can provide a player with solid veteran experience on the backend with 19 year old Martin. As well they could swap out their import in Poddubnyi. The Wolves can make a good trading partner with Erie with a couple of picks with 2 2nds 1 3rd and a conditional 3rd along with young defence in left shooting Malik and right shooting Wawrow.

No way Kitchener will make a run this year with London and Guelph being the front runners and they have a couple of players who Sudbury could benefit by trading for. Sudbury has traded with Kitchener in the past and they need to load up on some picks and young talent. Yantsis and or Meireles would be a great add on the right side which is a weak spot for Sudbury. So maybe dealing a Nizhnikov to Kitchener who gives Kitchener that extra year player and a former first round player who hasn't fit into Sudbury's style of play. A change of scene may make it worth it for him. An additional pick could make that trade happen IMO.

All the talk around Windsor has been unloading of their biggest asset in DiPietro however Sudbury could find a home for the right shooting Purboo. I think he would fit in nicely in a Wolves forward group. Sudbury could deal Windsor native Blake McConville for him and additional picks if they can't get one of those right wingers in Kitchener. Sliding Purboo on a line with the slippery and crafty Levin would be magic IMO.

Sarnia has been known to deal with Sudbury and they could be a team that can make a bigger deal with Sudbury happen. Sarnia needs picks and players and I think Sudbury can help in that regard. Would be nice to get last year import Ruzicka and 19 year old Grima on the backend. Sudbury could send back Wawrow, Malik, a young and big Tabak or Nizhnikov along with a couple of picks. Those would be two big adds to a team that could use more scoring threat up front and stability on the backend. Grima could also be used on the PP for Sudbury on one of the units.

Kingston has made a huge deal with Niagara will they make another by getting rid of Brahaney or Neumann. Sudbury could use both players but at what cost? These two players appear to be leading candidates for overage players in Kingston along with Burnie. To pry them away might be more that what Sudbury is willing to pay. But even trying to get Neumann who's speed would fit nicely into Sudbury's attack. Not sure if this would happen but it would be neat to see Levin teamed up with his former Don Mills teammate.

Hamilton is a team desperate to recoup picks and players back as they loaded up last year. Sudbury will not even entertain an Entwhistle, Strome or Saigeon deal. That would be way too much for Sudbury to absorb but I do think the speedy and hard working Nurse along with Landry would be decent adds to the team. Landry could bring a huge help to the PP and Nurse can help that weaker right side for Sudbury. Those two players can be had and it could bring Hamilton a young Wawrow and Tabek.

No question looking over Flint's roster that a couple of players stand out that again would be huge pieces to Sudbury's balanced roster. Everyone is looking at 18 year NHL drafted Dellandrea however Sudbury should make a pitch for Durham and Gordeev. I think again Sudbury could deal a young Gihula, Wawrow, rights to Bowie and picks for those two players. Is Flint willing to move more pieces out after so much negative after the Rowe deal. They are playing better but I think Branch is going to extremely careful the rest of the way. Sudbury has those players who just want more ice time and a place to play regularly and the young players mentioned will give them that.

I won't mention players off the Soo, Mississauga or Owen Sound that may be dealt to contending teams cause I just don't think Papineau will get into that game of trying to add that big fish. When I say that I mean Phillips, Suszki, Frost, Sambrook, Tippett, or even McLeod and Hayton. Sudbury needs to make some of the smaller deals I mentioned. Having Ukko as the last line of defence and a balanced line up with some scoring, the hard working Pilons, the young players like Murray/Byfield, and vets like Levin, Carson and Bulitka I think Sudbury just needs to continue moving along with smaller pieces that will make them even more frustrating to play against.

WJ

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Ottawa has two OA spots open. They don’t really have many roster spots available without really shuffling the deck and slighting some decent players.

I don’t see Ottawa dealing Tolnai unless they think he was a mistake pick.

Ottawa is in a precarious position. The players other teams would salivate over all have no trade clauses because they are in high school (Tolnai, Clarke, Quinn, Peric) and they all get decent minutes that probably wouldn’t significantly rise in another location. So there is no advantage for them to move on especially with some significant graduations after this season that would see then in a much better spot next year and still on a solid team.

So, because of that, Ottawa will be looking for OA’s first because it is very typical for OA’s to be moved for draft picks. If they do feel they need a goalie and Windsor is silly on the return for DiPietro, to me Villata is the prime target. He may actually be the best value for Ottawa as well. Others of interest would be Maksimovich and Saigeon. On defense I’d think Durzi would be the #1 target but Sambrook is also right there.

I don’t see Ottawa going after stud 19 year old forwards. They are already deep enough up front and with OA spots open they can get a top tier player as an OA much cheaper. I like Frost but Saigeon will provide stellar offense with a playoff edge which evens the playing field with Frost but would be damn near Half the price.
Agree that OA's are the logical way to go. Would not be surprised if they do one OA and target Dellandrea or Meireless as they would get two years out of them (unless Dellandrea makes it). This would fit our two year window. As Meireless is from Ottawa makes sense. OA group of Keating, Wilson, Meireless would be pretty strong next year.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
when I look around the league and see what teams need to sell to restock their draft cupboard I think Sudbury can take advantage of adding some valuable mid range pieces that won't cost as much as the Robertsons or Suszki's of the league.
If you are looking for a bargain defenseman, the Soo still has Anthony DeMeo. He was drafted high and has been solid for us under the previous coaching staff, but has really struggled under the new coaching staff. He can play top 4 minutes for you. A change of scenery would probably be welcome for this 19 year old, and the price would not be very high. He will be returning for an overage year next year too.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
If you are looking for a bargain defenseman, the Soo still has Anthony DeMeo. He was drafted high and has been solid for us under the previous coaching staff, but has really struggled under the new coaching staff. He can play top 4 minutes for you. A change of scenery would probably be welcome for this 19 year old, and the price would not be very high. He will be returning for an overage year next year too.

Woah woah. Don’t sell DeMeo short here haha. I disagree that he’s struggling under the new staff. He’s having his second best career points per game and is solid defensively. This guy is great in the locker room and the guys must get a boost cause the team’s goal differential increases in games he’s in vs games he’s out.
I definitely wouldn’t ask a high price for him but seeing that he is most likely gonna return for an OA year, what he brings defensively, what he adds off the ice and that his offence is improved I think a team would have to pay for him. It would most likely take a 2-3 higher end picks to get a 19 year old that can play too 4 like you stated.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
DiPietro to Ottawa as 67’s swing deal for Spitfires goalie - Ottawa 67s

About time that wait and see game is over in the league.

In a way I'm not surprised that the 67's were the winners in the deal since they're are finally making a push in the eastern conference and the league. Windsor picks up some key picks for the league's most wanted tender.

The 67's may not be stopped in the east with the O's number #1 tender

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Well I will chime in on what Sudbury should do. In fact everyone has been leaving Sudbury out of any chatter. I guess its not a bad thing to float below the radar. However with Sudbury sitting in second in the Eastern Conference tie with Niagara, Oshawa and nearing the Christmas half way point I think they could possibly make a deal in a couple of areas to provide some depth to a team that is winning by committee. Every game different players have been providing the offence and really when you look at it thats what you want from all your lines. You can't solely rely on one two lines to provide you with the offence. So when I look around the league and see what teams need to sell to restock their draft cupboard I think Sudbury can take advantage of adding some valuable mid range pieces that won't cost as much as the Robertsons or Suszki's of the league.

A team like Erie can provide a player with solid veteran experience on the backend with 19 year old Martin. As well they could swap out their import in Poddubnyi. The Wolves can make a good trading partner with Erie with a couple of picks with 2 2nds 1 3rd and a conditional 3rd along with young defence in left shooting Malik and right shooting Wawrow.

No way Kitchener will make a run this year with London and Guelph being the front runners and they have a couple of players who Sudbury could benefit by trading for. Sudbury has traded with Kitchener in the past and they need to load up on some picks and young talent. Yantsis and or Meireles would be a great add on the right side which is a weak spot for Sudbury. So maybe dealing a Nizhnikov to Kitchener who gives Kitchener that extra year player and a former first round player who hasn't fit into Sudbury's style of play. A change of scene may make it worth it for him. An additional pick could make that trade happen IMO.

All the talk around Windsor has been unloading of their biggest asset in DiPietro however Sudbury could find a home for the right shooting Purboo. I think he would fit in nicely in a Wolves forward group. Sudbury could deal Windsor native Blake McConville for him and additional picks if they can't get one of those right wingers in Kitchener. Sliding Purboo on a line with the slippery and crafty Levin would be magic IMO.

Sarnia has been known to deal with Sudbury and they could be a team that can make a bigger deal with Sudbury happen. Sarnia needs picks and players and I think Sudbury can help in that regard. Would be nice to get last year import Ruzicka and 19 year old Grima on the backend. Sudbury could send back Wawrow, Malik, a young and big Tabak or Nizhnikov along with a couple of picks. Those would be two big adds to a team that could use more scoring threat up front and stability on the backend. Grima could also be used on the PP for Sudbury on one of the units.

Kingston has made a huge deal with Niagara will they make another by getting rid of Brahaney or Neumann. Sudbury could use both players but at what cost? These two players appear to be leading candidates for overage players in Kingston along with Burnie. To pry them away might be more that what Sudbury is willing to pay. But even trying to get Neumann who's speed would fit nicely into Sudbury's attack. Not sure if this would happen but it would be neat to see Levin teamed up with his former Don Mills teammate.

Hamilton is a team desperate to recoup picks and players back as they loaded up last year. Sudbury will not even entertain an Entwhistle, Strome or Saigeon deal. That would be way too much for Sudbury to absorb but I do think the speedy and hard working Nurse along with Landry would be decent adds to the team. Landry could bring a huge help to the PP and Nurse can help that weaker right side for Sudbury. Those two players can be had and it could bring Hamilton a young Wawrow and Tabek.

No question looking over Flint's roster that a couple of players stand out that again would be huge pieces to Sudbury's balanced roster. Everyone is looking at 18 year NHL drafted Dellandrea however Sudbury should make a pitch for Durham and Gordeev. I think again Sudbury could deal a young Gihula, Wawrow, rights to Bowie and picks for those two players. Is Flint willing to move more pieces out after so much negative after the Rowe deal. They are playing better but I think Branch is going to extremely careful the rest of the way. Sudbury has those players who just want more ice time and a place to play regularly and the young players mentioned will give them that.

I won't mention players off the Soo, Mississauga or Owen Sound that may be dealt to contending teams cause I just don't think Papineau will get into that game of trying to add that big fish. When I say that I mean Phillips, Suszki, Frost, Sambrook, Tippett, or even McLeod and Hayton. Sudbury needs to make some of the smaller deals I mentioned. Having Ukko as the last line of defence and a balanced line up with some scoring, the hard working Pilons, the young players like Murray/Byfield, and vets like Levin, Carson and Bulitka I think Sudbury just needs to continue moving along with smaller pieces that will make them even more frustrating to play against.

WJ

I'm thinking that the Rangers would be more interested in picks and young players. They won't be contending next year and there's no point in having a player who will be in his last year next year. I believe you'll see MM go after '01's and picks in return for any players he trades.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013

Man, you're out there pumping the Greyhounds players tires on every board it seems, and you've got me wondering....if they are so great (and you've argued that they're better than all the players they've been compared to), why on earth a #2 ranked team would sell?

I mean, if all the players are so terrific, why not just keep them and try to take a run at London?

Reactions: Snippit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad