To London: Vilardi
To Kingston 4 conditional 2nds

To Flint: Andrew Perrott, Jacob Golden, two 2nds, two 3rds + conditionals
To London: Ty Dellandria

To Hamilton: Popov and two 2nds, two 3rds
To London: Entwistle

To SSM: Evangelista, three 2nds, three 3rds
To London: Hayton
Flint is kind of thick on D. 7 solid (ish) returnees next year if Busby ever regains his health and nobody gets traded. They could use a couple more forwards though.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Quick question to anyone who knows please. What if you’re maxed out in your “cards” and you get injuries? Do you have to play a short bench?

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Quick question to anyone who knows please. What if you’re maxed out in your “cards” and you get injuries? Do you have to play a short bench?
You can call up from you 50 man protected list but that would be from your minor affiliates. I think that’s how it would work. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: three dog night

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
50 cards - injuries do not get you more cards. Call up from your protected list or play short.

If you got more cards for injuries, imagine how many players would be told by the Team that they are "hurt" and "out for the season".

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Affiliations At Large document for Junior 'A' hockey.
7. All affiliate players acquired through the Affiliation-at-Large process are permitted to play 10
games as an affiliate player. Once their registered lower category team is eliminated from
regular competition including playoffs, the players in question can play an unlimited number of
games at the higher level, only if they have played a minimum of 10 games with their registered
lower category team. Players not meeting this requirement will be limited to 10 games only with
the higher category as an affiliate.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Owen Sound appears to have what Guelph needs and Guelph appears to have what Owen Sound wants. Guelph looks to be in a good spot with top 10 goalie, size, and solid 4 lines. Could use some help on D with PP and also a point producing top forward. There could be a very valuable deal made between these 2 teams that would benefit both greatly. Do they have any history of trades?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Owen Sound appears to have what Guelph needs and Guelph appears to have what Owen Sound wants. Guelph looks to be in a good spot with top 10 goalie, size, and solid 4 lines. Could use some help on D with PP and also a point producing top forward. There could be a very valuable deal made between these 2 teams that would benefit both greatly. Do they have any history of trades?
They are so close to each other in divisional play that I think any deal not involving overagers is difficult. This is not a show stopper by itself as Owen Sound has overagers to deal, but Guelph would need to get creative as they have no room for any more overagers as their roster stands.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
OS overagers appear to be such upgrades to what Guelph has that I thought this would not be an issue. Further with all of the turmoil with players that have left Guelph already I was wondering if the Guelph management is truly that thrilled with the 98 leadership group. There is a fit - perhaps it cant happen because they are such rivals, but that is always a short sighted approach.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You can bring up players on B cards - they can play a max of 9 games.

I get the concept of Affiliate players and that there are 50 cards per team.

However, if the "B" Card players or affiliate players are players on the 50 man roster (are carded), what difference does it make?

There has to be some sort of "A" Card limit, right?

For example, the Ottawa 67's have Alec Belanger signed to a contract. My assumption is he is considered an affiliate player. He has played 10 games but plays his games in Junior A. The 67's played with 5 D-Men this weekend because they didn't want him to go over his 10 game limit (I assume). But, if the 67s have 50 cards, Belanger is signed, who cares if he plays 11 games?

There has to be some sort of limit other than the 50 cards that teams must abide by.

The 67's have dressed and played 27 players this season. I assume Belanger, Dick, FA Tourigny and JS Tourigny are playing on Affiliate cards. None of these players project to play after the deadline. That would mean we've used 23 "A" Cards.

London has dressed and played 30 players. Only 3 of those players have played less than the 10 games.

Can someone in the know expand on how the card system works, what the limits are and if there are any exceptions with respect to OHL Clubs and the limits they have on acquiring players?

Reactions: three dog night

Jack Attack

Mar 19, 2016

Suzuki and Ratcliffe were linemates in London AAA. Would be surprised if Attack deals Suzuki to Guelph.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I get the concept of Affiliate players and that there are 50 cards per team.

However, if the "B" Card players or affiliate players are players on the 50 man roster (are carded), what difference does it make?

There has to be some sort of "A" Card limit, right?

For example, the Ottawa 67's have Alec Belanger signed to a contract. My assumption is he is considered an affiliate player. He has played 10 games but plays his games in Junior A. The 67's played with 5 D-Men this weekend because they didn't want him to go over his 10 game limit (I assume). But, if the 67s have 50 cards, Belanger is signed, who cares if he plays 11 games?

There has to be some sort of limit other than the 50 cards that teams must abide by.

The 67's have dressed and played 27 players this season. I assume Belanger, Dick, FA Tourigny and JS Tourigny are playing on Affiliate cards. None of these players project to play after the deadline. That would mean we've used 23 "A" Cards.

London has dressed and played 30 players. Only 3 of those players have played less than the 10 games.

Can someone in the know expand on how the card system works, what the limits are and if there are any exceptions with respect to OHL Clubs and the limits they have on acquiring players?

50 player protected list.

30 "A" cards for the year.

"B" cards up to 10 games without needing to burn/sign A card. Also exemptions for games played during NHL camps ( I think still in effect) and WJC where games for B carded players dont count against a 10 game total.

Players can be signed to an A card bfore playing 10 games if the team chooses.

Feel free to correct any mistakes above. Too lazy to look it up lol

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Some new predictions on my part
Hancock and Durzi to Ottawa
Suzuki to London
Phillips to Guelph
Saigeon and Entwistle to Guelph
Vilardi to Saginaw
Tippett to Peterborough
McLeod stays put
Brazeau stays put
Soo makes minor additions
We already know Studnicka and Brassard to Niagara Falls

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Don't see any WJ players playing this weekend. Teams have always given the kids time off to recoup. If traded teams don't want these kids to be injured. Just up in the air is when trades will be announced as I'm sure most deals are done or real close to done.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Suzuki to London
Phillips to Guelph
Vilardi to Saginaw
Tippett to Peterborough
McLeod stays put
Brazeau stays put

Can’t see the Petes being in on anyone that’s not a multi year player. We aren’t good enough to contend with Ottawa or Niagara anyways.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Suzuki to London
Phillips to Guelph
Vilardi to Saginaw
Tippett to Peterborough
McLeod stays put
Brazeau stays put

What I meant was McLeod to Saginaw of course!
He went for less than I expected. Great pickup for the Spirit.

Reactions: dirty12

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Can’t see the Petes being in on anyone that’s not a multi year player. We aren’t good enough to contend with Ottawa or Niagara anyways.

Would they pay the price needed to acquire Dellandrea? What is the Petes pick situation?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Would they pay the price needed to acquire Dellandrea? What is the Petes pick situation?

Dellandrea isn't going anywhere by the looks of things. It makes no sense for Flint to take just draft picks and no 16 or 17 year olds will waive their high school no trade clause to go there so....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad