Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If we keep plekanec who should be going for Larkin?

No one. Detroit won’t trade him. He’s one of their only top end players and they’re tanking just fine with him. Highly doubt they trade any of their young players.

They’ll probably dump their older players at the deadline for picks but that’s about it. They don’t have anyone valuable enough to trade to make a difference at this point. It’s bleak in Detroit.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Leddy would cost a ton. If we are clearly a playoff team and want to go on a run, Edler makes a lot more sense.

Edler-Weber
Mete-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Leddy would cost a ton. If we are clearly a playoff team and want to go on a run, Edler makes a lot more sense.

Edler-Weber
Mete-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen
Edler just got an injury...although no clue on severity.
In any event, no thanks. We should be moving our vets instead.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There is no way this team should be trading futures for veterans regardless of where we finish.

We need to stick with what we have been doing. Let Poehling, Suzuki and Brooks hit the beaches first.

If this team is knocking at the door of a playoff spot, that shouldn't be ruled out. Probably why the infamous plan that only Geoff and MB know about, has never been revealed.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If this team is knocking at the door of a playoff spot, that shouldn't be ruled out. Probably why the infamous plan that only Geoff and MB know about, has never been revealed.

Yes. What plan ?

I think at best the plans have been free flowing to put it politely. I'm not against shifting direction a bit if opportunity knocks, but you need a master plan with everyone pulling in the same direction.

Years ago I thought there was a disconnect between MB and MT. MB went out and got guys like Sekac, Briere, PAP and Vanek, and while Sekac was a complete bust you cant say that MT tried to use these guys according to what they brought. As I have said, with Vanek, you dont put a top line winger on the 4th line when your team isnt scoring in a play off series, you hope the guy snaps out of it.

So the disconnectbeas MB seeing that skill was needed and MT not liking this type of player. So where us the plan in that ?

Of course MB goes all in with MT with the " mistake free" team and out goes PK and Eller.

Pens win the Cup with a bandaid D and here we go, PMDs not required.

We are also sizing up a bit at the drafts and looking for 2 way or defensive play and not so much on high end skill. Dont want those types here I guess.

Then all of a sudden we are all about speed , skill and quick thinking.

So rebuild, retouch ,re......on the fly etc. God knows.

I think at the beginning part of MBs belief was that he would have prospects develop into good players so that he could trade for any missing pieces. But the Cupboard was bare, and he just didnt get proactive about it until 2017.

Good things are flowing from filling the prospect pool and focusing on picking up young skilled players through trading of late round picks or swaps. Stick with this for now.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It's a mirage mate. We are not a PO team.
Habs are playing way above their heads.
Please read what I said.

Edler-Weber
Mete-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen

So if we are clearly a playoff time at the deadline, you want to sell assets? Makes no sense to me.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Please read what I said.

So if we are clearly a playoff time at the deadline, you want to sell assets? Makes no sense to me.
Well no..because I don't think we will clearly be a PO team. Even if we are in a good spot, we are not contenders and trading away futures for some cinderella run is stupid to me. We don't need to do this again.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Well no..because I don't think we will clearly be a PO team. Even if we are in a good spot, we are not contenders and trading away futures for some cinderella run is stupid to me. We don't need to do this again.
But... in the event we are clearly a PO team -even as unlikely as it seems- Edler would be a good choice

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm talking about a hypothetical case where we are clearly a playoff team at the deadline...

So IF we are CLEARLY going to make the playoffs at the deadline, you want to trade our vets? I cant remember the last time a team did that.

Also, it's not like I'm suggesting that we trade our 1st+prospects for Edler. If we can get him with a similar package that we got Petry with(2nd and a 4th) I would do it in that case.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm talking about a hypothetical case where we are clearly a playoff team at the deadline...

So IF we are CLEARLY going to make the playoffs at the deadline, you want to trade our vets? I cant remember the last time a team did that.

Also, it's not like I'm suggesting that we trade our 1st+prospects for Edler. If we can get him with a similar package that we got Petry with(2nd and a 4th) I would do it in that case.
I guess it's tough to answer right now as I have no faith in this group.
They're entertaining but I have zero belief in Domi and Danault as 2 centers and the lack of overall skill.
So maybe by the deadline I'll have changed my mind because right now I have 0 belief we add anywhere contention, adding Edler won't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad