Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Now imagine drafting Dach or Cozens and trading Lehkonen and Petry and Shaw and Benn and Niemi....my guess is you’re getting a pretty good haul in the form of picks and D prospects and with Poehling and Brook having a great chance at cracking that roster, it’s shaping up to be a very young and exciting team.

We’d have tons of cap space to sign some free agents.

I’m keeping Danault at centre for the experience, you have Let’s say Dach or Cozens at centre and Kotkaniemi with a year of experience under his belt and Poehling getting his feet wet as a 4th line centre....all’s good and exciting in habland.

If I’m Bergevin though, I’m doing my best at trading Drouin for a LHD.....who’s a team that have lots of spare young talented LHD??

The Shangri La Daydreamers of the NWL (National Weed League).

The Wild had d-men to spare but we took three of them already.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Mantha has the size, skating and scoring abilities to make people drool, but, he's just... 'there'... most of the time. No fire. He dropped for a reason in his draft year.

Reminds me of Pacioretty last season (and this season as well). But at least Pac knows where his own zone is.

To be fair, the Wings are horrible this season, that defense is a f***ing joke.

Honestly think we could nab him for Scherbak alone.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Now imagine drafting Dach or Cozens and trading Lehkonen and Petry and Shaw and Benn and Niemi....my guess is you’re getting a pretty good haul in the form of picks and D prospects and with Poehling and Brook having a great chance at cracking that roster, it’s shaping up to be a very young and exciting team.

I’m keeping Danault at centre for the experience, you have Let’s say Dach or Cozens at centre and Kotkaniemi with a year of experience under his belt and Poehling getting his feet wet as a 4th line centre....all’s good and exciting in habland.

If I’m Bergevin though, I’m doing my best at trading Drouin for a LHD.....who’s a team that have lots of spare young talented LHD??

I would try to pad his stats. Try to make him look better than he is. Play him on PP and most optimal offensive situations with the best players and then dump him. But it ain't gonna happen. Drouin is the future (just vomited in my mouth). Drouin is an okay 2nd line winger on a contender and there aren't any foolish GMs in the league to think otherwise except for MB and Chiarelli. MB already has him and Chiarelli doesn't need wingers.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yes, if someone is going on a cup run and needs a Petry or Shaw or Lehkonen, we need to target there young players, like the Pacioretty deal
And if the Habs continue to play the same way and are in the top 5 in the conference, do you sell or do you buy?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

No one. That's the problem. And you aren't going to get a comparable talent. Carolina and Anaheim have a lot of young D, but they're RD heavy, not LD.

The two best bets would arguably be Tampa (Sergachev) or Philly (Sanhiem), but neither team wants or needs Drouin.

As for trading guys, really don't see why you trade Lehkonen now. He's a really good two-way player with untapped upside who is young and cheap.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Id be looking to trade Shaw, Alzner, Sherbak for whatever picks we can salvage and play the season out.

See where we end up and which pick we have.

See if we can add a quality LHD by free agency or trade at draft. Ditto for a #2 C.

The way i see it at the moment...

Drouin-Domi-Byron
Tatar-XXX-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotka-Armia
Deslauriers-Danault/Peca-Hudon

Reilly-Weber
XXX-Petry
Mete/Benn-Juulsen

Poehling should start in Laval next year unless he comes out guns blazing in camp.

I think Reilly speed is what Weber needs, and we'd have an easier time finding a quality 2nd pair dman than a 1st pair dman.

Thats the two spots id be looking to improve.

Note:There is no line 1,2,3,4 here. Mix em how u like.

Guys i would target in free agency / trade:Duchene, A.Lee, N.Schmidt, Panarin (not positional need but gamebreaker), T. Sanheim.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And if the Habs continue to play the same way and are in the top 5 in the conference, do you sell or do you buy?
I ask myself do I have the horses to make a deep playoff push.....??

Answer is no

My players have their greatest value therefore I trade some and try to aquire and fix some of my teams weknesses like.....LHD and big scoring winger. I don’t cripple the team if it’s talent but I do take advantage of my players peak value and identify which one I move fwd with and the ones I don’t.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
To new jersey : Nikita scherbak. To montreal : brandon gignac. Gignac dont have to be waive. New jersey have a lot of injury and no really depth in the wing. I will ask what we could trade for pavel zacha. He has no points in 7 games...

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Scherbak has never had the opportunity to do so. He has 5 goals and 7 points in 29 games playing 4th line minutes.

It's always the same story in Montréal. Some players barely, if ever, get the chance to seize an opportunity and develop.

Look at Kapanen in Toronto. Prior to this season, he was right around Scherbak in terms of perceived value. Nylander holds out, Kapanen gets a shot to play with Matthews and he's not so worthless all of a sudden.

Same goes for Danault when he got to Montréal. Would he have blossomed in such a way being stuck in a 4th liner role in Chicago?

Same goes for Byron after we claimed him. Would he have blossomed into a 20 goals scorer had he made it through waivers?

Same goes for Reilly after we traded for him. Would he look like a legitimate top 4 guy had he never left Minnesota and got stuck in their depth-chart?

Being given an opportunity to succeed should be a priority when it comes to young players that show a certain level of ability. We're not even giving that much to Scherbak.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
i moved it to the trade thread since it's better to discuss it here. I wouldn't do that trade, I am not a big fan of Liljergren and I really don't want to help the leafs. I'd prefer to trade him to anyone but them or boston.

Would you change your stance if they offered
Nylander one for one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Nylander for Weber I would do as we would be set on offence.

But defence is a big question mark . I honestly think we should just get a big winger or center, that is skilled. Detroit would ask the moon for Mantha.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
It's always the same story in Montréal. Some players barely, if ever, get the chance to seize an opportunity and develop.

Look at Kapanen in Toronto. Prior to this season, he was right around Scherbak in terms of perceived value. Nylander holds out, Kapanen gets a shot to play with Matthews and he's not so worthless all of a sudden.

Same goes for Danault when he got to Montréal. Would he have blossomed in such a way being stuck in a 4th liner role in Chicago?

Same goes for Byron after we claimed him. Would he have blossomed into a 20 goals scorer had he made it through waivers?

Same goes for Reilly after we traded for him. Would he look like a legitimate top 4 guy had he never left Minnesota and got stuck in their depth-chart?

Being given an opportunity to succeed should be a priority when it comes to young players that show a certain level of ability. We're not even giving that much to Scherbak.

Amen Brother.

Has CJ changed ? A bit maybe, but maybe he isnt as stupid to try the same thing that didn't work last year so on to a new system. Still, props for that. But same ol CJ to not let Scherbak in on other than the 4th line. Scherbak showed talent last year, but weak defensively so same old story.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Mantha has the size, skating and scoring abilities to make people drool, but, he's just... 'there'... most of the time. No fire. He dropped for a reason in his draft year.

Reminds me of Pacioretty last season (and this season as well). But at least Pac knows where his own zone is.

To be fair, the Wings are horrible this season, that defense is a ****ing joke.

Honestly think we could nab him for Scherbak alone.
Sherbak for Mantha straight up? lol no chance ever

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->