Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Klefbom would be an easier target to package with Poolparty than Nurse who broke out last year.

I’d think an NHL ready body would be the main piece going back as they need wingers. Maybe cost a Shaw (Chia special) Lehkonen or Tatar. If price was Tatar and a small plus, I think thats a good basis for Jesse Puljujärvi. Want Klefbom than more picks and prospects would have to go the other way.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Geez this is high value there !o,0!

They aren't going to trade Pulju for cheap and Nurse is the type of D-man they like. You aren't going to get them for a worse LHD with similar upside, a worse winger with less upside and a first (unless the first is REALLY high, and if that's the case, why should Montreal do it?). Edmonton needs top line wingers (like Gally), they need RHD (young, like Juulsen) and they need to cut salary. And those are two pieces they aren't eager to move.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
We darely need a great LD to complete our core.

????? - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Alzner - Ouellet

Ouellet can fill Mete if we were to trade him. Now who in the league shall we target?

Klefbom, Muzzin, ....??

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
They aren't going to trade Pulju for cheap and Nurse is the type of D-man they like. You aren't going to get them for a worse LHD with similar upside, a worse winger with less upside and a first (unless the first is REALLY high, and if that's the case, why should Montreal do it?). Edmonton needs top line wingers (like Gally), they need RHD (young, like Juulsen) and they need to cut salary. And those are two pieces they aren't eager to move.
Ok.

OB5

May 2, 2015
We darely need a great LD to complete our core.

????? - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Alzner - Ouellet

Ouellet can fill Mete if we were to trade him. Now who in the league shall we target?

Klefbom, Muzzin, ....??

Leddy should Marc Bergevin's #1 target here.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Whar would be the cost?

I don't know I'm not crazy ass Lou Lamouriello but I'd assume at least a first round pick and a good prospect. Not something the habs should be doing but that's the cost of dding a piece like Leddy.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Leddy should Marc Bergevin's #1 target here.

last thing this team needs to do is think they can do alot of damage right now in the playoffs and spend valuable future assets thats doesn't fit long term. i know Leddy is still 27 but he isn't playing great right now and won't come cheap. unless a swap around petry ish... i wouldn't gives valuable young assets for him and doubt they would have any interest in petry.

OB5

May 2, 2015
last thing this team needs to do is think they can do alot of damage right now in the playoffs and spend valuable future assets thats doesn't fit long term. i know Leddy is still 27 but he isn't playing great right now and won't come cheap. unless a swap around petry ish... i wouldn't gives valuable young assets for him and doubt they would have any interest in petry.
I agree that they should do nothing...even at the trade deadline (unless it's selling off) BUT if they are going to buy Leddy is a great option.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
We are not giving draft picks of young assets for a run at the cup this year!!!
This is ridiculous thinking!!!!
What we should be doing is trade Petry, Shaw, Schlemko, Benn, Price for the best return and rebuild.

prices contract is untradable and isn't hurting this team right now. goalies peak are alot longer than player, chances are price if healthy will still be relevant at 35! same goes with Weber contract wise, he's probably not tradable at the moment and we have no replacement so he's a good keeper along price to show young kids how to be a pro! you need vets to surround kid and i feel like keeping price, weber, gallagher (depending on his contract demand in 2 and a half year) would be the perfect guys to keep around, you'll have a bunch of ELC's and as long as they aren't messing with your cap you keep them.

on the other hand yes, Petry should be traded when Weber is back healthy, selling high on him for future assets that will help you for years would be great assets management. Exacly what we did with patch he wasn't that old but was just not a fit anymore. Schlemko "injury prone" is barely untradable. Shaw... should be traded for any future assets (even if it's a mid pick, not because of his salary but becasue he's taking a roster spot of a young guy who deserves it more than him. benn... well any pick. lol

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
prices contract is untradable and isn't hurting this team right now. goalies peak are alot longer than player, chances are price if healthy will still be relevant at 35! same goes with Weber contract wise, he's probably not tradable at the moment and we have no replacement so he's a good keeper along price to show young kids how to be a pro! you need vets to surround kid and i feel like keeping price, weber, gallagher (depending on his contract demand in 2 and a half year) would be the perfect guys to keep around, you'll have a bunch of ELC's and as long as they aren't messing with your cap you keep them.

on the other hand yes, Petry should be traded when Weber is back healthy, selling high on him for future assets that will help you for years would be great assets management. Exacly what we did with patch he wasn't that old but was just not a fit anymore. Schlemko "injury prone" is barely untradable. Shaw... should be traded for any future assets (even if it's a mid pick, not because of his salary but becasue he's taking a roster spot of a young guy who deserves it more than him. benn... well any pick. lol

Sorry but how is Price or his contract hurting this team exactly? We still have a ton of cap space and caphits on. Doors that are far less productive than Price. So far, it’s not an issue and even if/when it does become one, that’s the price Habs and every other organization has to pay to keep their tier 1 players these days. Just accept it and you’ll feel a whole lot better. ;)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Sorry but how is Price or his contract hurting this team exactly? We still have a ton of cap space and caphits on. Doors that are far less productive than Price. So far, it’s not an issue and even if/when it does become one, that’s the price Habs and every other organization has to pay to keep their tier 1 players these days. Just accept it and you’ll feel a whole lot better. ;)

lol reread... pretty sure thats what i just said lol

Reactions: Sterling Archer

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
prices contract is untradable
Bullshit. He's the best goalie in the league. Wait until no show Bobrovsky gets 9+ and then make your own judgement. If David Clarkson can get traded, so can any contract. Especially when Price is a superstar even if he is overpaid.

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad