Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Mantha would be expensive to get. Especially since he is a "local" player. Detroit would ask for Juulsen or Brook + Suzuki or Poehling.

I have seen Mantha playing with Drouin vs a Russian Team. They were very good together.

Mantha and Blashill had never been on the same wave length.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think Mantha could/would fit here, I'm just not sure Montreal has the pieces to make it work. Detroit probably wants a young D-man and Montreal cannot afford to pay that price. Montreal is also pretty deep at the wings. Who do you move. LW isn't likely to be adjusted much. Drouin isn't being moved. Byron and Tatar have been Montreal's two best forwards so far. At RW Gallagher is Montreal's best forward, Lehkonen has been pretty excellent as a two-way winger and Montreal just added Armia (who has size). Plus planning in the medium-term probably sees Domi shift back to wing.
I don't know...

There seems to be a lot of similar players, left handed wingers with not much size or high end goal scoring ability.

Wouldn't mind changing the dynamic there.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We are off to a start nobody predicted. We have no impending UFAs of note anyway. I have thrown out a possible Petry trade in part due to the Expansion Draft, but he has this year and 2 more on his contract. Others have suggested Tatar, who also has term left.

In other words, we are in no panic to make any trades right now.

There are other teams with pressure on them to achieve something this year. As time goes by there will be teams that will look more and more like they will not meet their goal. These teams will go into desperation mode. This is when MB needs to hit the phones.

So for example, Florida is off to a bad start. Could turn around by next week, but let's say they keep floundering. Now Dale Tallon loves his prospects and does not like trading them. But if he sees his job on the line , see if he doesnt rethink his position.

Could be that MB has no interest in moving Petry because with Weber , Petry and possibly Reilly, that we have a good top 3. But if he is open to it, wait until there is desperation.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Mantha would be expensive to get. Especially since he is a "local" player. Detroit would ask for Juulsen or Brook + Suzuki or Poehling.

I have seen Mantha playing with Drouin vs a Russian Team. They were very good together.

Mantha and Blashill had never been on the same wave length.
I don't think Mantha will be on the same wave length as many coaches in the nhl unless he improves his defensive awareness a little...his play without the puck is a disaster.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Mantha seems really lazy and inconsistent to me. I don’t watch him much but when I do, that’s almost always the impression I get from him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
To me, Brook and Juulsen are close to untouchable unless of course the offer is one sided
Well we already know that Bergevin thinks very highly of Poehling. You must have a ton of value to your team if they didn't trade you+2nd+inferior assets for one of the best 2nd line centers in the NHL who is signed longterm and in his prime.

Suzuki is also valued a lot as well. Main piece of the trade for the 30 goalscoring captain. Bergevin said we had him 11th in the draft.

Brook is one of the best(if not the best) dman in the WHL now. He has the most offensive upside out of all our young dmen, and management has expressed that they wanted to acquire some offensive dmen through the draft. Also, doesn't mean much, but he looked better than most if not all of our dmen in preseason.

Juulsen will never be an offensive force. However, Habs can certainly use a good skating, good defensive physical player like him in the top 4. Think of an Adam Larsson type dman.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well we already know that Bergevin thinks very highly of Poehling. You must have a ton of value to your team if they didn't trade you+2nd+inferior assets for one of the best 2nd line centers in the NHL who is signed longterm and in his prime.

Suzuki is also valued a lot as well. Main piece of the trade for the 30 goalscoring captain. Bergevin said we had him 11th in the draft.

Brook is one of the best(if not the best) dman in the WHL now. He has the most offensive upside out of all our young dmen, and management has expressed that they wanted to acquire some offensive dmen through the draft. Also, doesn't mean much, but he looked better than most if not all of our dmen in preseason.

Juulsen will never be an offensive force. However, Habs can certainly use a good skating, good defensive physical player like him in the top 4. Think of an Adam Larsson type dman.
Yes, yes and yes. Poehling I’m so pumped for, same with Brook and your breakdown of Juulsen mirrors my thoughts on the kid.

If only we can finish bottom 5 this year and picking there, I’d be so convinced of our future success.....we lucked out on the Suzuki trade, we need to fleece another gm the same way to help us climb over the top.......please god, just one more bad year :laugh:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yes, yes and yes. Poehling I’m so pumped for, same with Brook and your breakdown of Juulsen mirrors my thoughts on the kid.

If only we can finish bottom 5 this year and picking there, I’d be so convinced of our future success.....we lucked out on the Suzuki trade, we need to fleece another gm the same way to help us climb over the top.......please god, just one more bad year :laugh:
Petry should be gone if we are out of the playoffs by the deadline. If he keeps his current play up, we can get a kings ransom for him. Don't think we should trade Tatar at the deadline, but I would certainly entertain the idea at the draft or in offseason. Bergevin f***ed up badly in the past, and there is no logical reasoning why he is still here, but I like the direction this team is going if we do this.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Petry should be gone if we are out of the playoffs by the deadline. If he keeps his current play up, we can get a kings ransom for him. Don't think we should trade Tatar at the deadline, but I would certainly entertain the idea at the draft or in offseason. Bergevin ****ed up badly in the past, and there is no logical reasoning why he is still here, but I like the direction this team is going if we do this.

Pretty much the way I also see it, if we're in a losing situation near TDL, AND management assess what's happening correctly, i.e. sell veterans for picks/prospects and go on with the 'rebuild that can't be named as such', at least MB will show that he has a clue of what's happening, for real.

And hopefully Petry/Tatar/Shaw can play decently enough til then to bring something nice back. Petry I could easily see a 1st+prospect for him, Tatar I could also see a 1st or a 2nd+prospect (really seems to be happy here though, meshes well with other players), and Shaw a 2nd/3rd.

But, in the eventuality we'd manage to be in playoffs at TDL, damn I hope he doesn't trade picks/prospects for rentals, that would be dumb...

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pretty much the way I also see it, if we're in a losing situation near TDL, AND management assess what's happening correctly, i.e. sell veterans for picks/prospects and go on with the 'rebuild that can't be named as such', at least MB will show that he has a clue of what's happening, for real.

And hopefully Petry/Tatar/Shaw can play decently enough til then to bring something nice back. Petry I could easily see a 1st+prospect for him, Tatar I could also see a 1st or a 2nd+prospect (really seems to be happy here though, meshes well with other players), and Shaw a 2nd/3rd.

But, in the eventuality we'd manage to be in playoffs at TDL, damn I hope he doesn't trade picks/prospects for rentals, that would be dumb...
One thing that I've been very upset with Bergevin is his lack of giving up assets for playoff runs. He hasn't traded solid young assets for rentals yet which is the way to go right now, but not back then. We can also expect him to not go after fringe players since we already have too many right now.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Can't say no to Mantha, we have alote of playmaker but not alote of goalscorer ! A line with Drouin-Domi-Mantha could be good !

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Can't say no to Mantha, we have alote of playmaker but not alote of goalscorer ! A line with Drouin-Domi-Mantha could be good !

We actually have a good team identity to stick with. Speed and a very good work ethic. Everybody pounces on guys who are floating, like Drouin was up until the last couple of games. Why would we bring in a guy who doesnt fit that mold, and likely give up guys who do fit ?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I don't think another bad year is absolutely needed here.

I'm starting with the fact that there's already trade to be made. Too much bodies.
You're high on Poehling? Then who will you take out for him?
There's also Suzuki....he make it next year, that's another trade.
If Brook makes it.....another trade.

If the Habs think that Poehling and Suzuki are making the team next year....then you can go out and shop Danault and Lehkonen or Byron. That's how the Habs could get that other piece.

Reactions: Habs Icing

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't think another bad year is absolutely needed here.

I'm starting with the fact that there's already trade to be made. Too much bodies.
You're high on Poehling? Then who will you take out for him?
There's also Suzuki....he make it next year, that's another trade.
If Brook makes it.....another trade.

If the Habs think that Poehling and Suzuki are making the team next year....then you can go out and shop Danault and Lehkonen or Byron. That's how the Habs could get that other piece.
Now imagine drafting Dach or Cozens and trading Lehkonen and Petry and Shaw and Benn and Niemi....my guess is you’re getting a pretty good haul in the form of picks and D prospects and with Poehling and Brook having a great chance at cracking that roster, it’s shaping up to be a very young and exciting team.

We’d have tons of cap space to sign some free agents.

I’m keeping Danault at centre for the experience, you have Let’s say Dach or Cozens at centre and Kotkaniemi with a year of experience under his belt and Poehling getting his feet wet as a 4th line centre....all’s good and exciting in habland.

If I’m Bergevin though, I’m doing my best at trading Drouin for a LHD.....who’s a team that have lots of spare young talented LHD??

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Now imagine drafting Dach or Cozens and trading Lehkonen and Petry and Shaw and Benn and Niemi....my guess is you’re getting a pretty good haul in the form of picks and D prospects and with Poehling and Brook having a great chance at cracking that roster, it’s shaping up to be a very young and exciting team.

We’d have tons of cap space to sign some free agents.

I’m keeping Danault at centre for the experience, you have Let’s say Dach or Cozens at centre and Kotkaniemi with a year of experience under his belt and Poehling getting his feet wet as a 4th line centre....all’s good and exciting in habland.

If I’m Bergevin though, I’m doing my best at trading Drouin for a LHD.....who’s a team that have lots of spare young talented LHD??

A team that is deep in young talent but may need a veteran D if they are going for a Cup as the GM stated, is Chicago. Jokiharju, Boqvist and Beaudin. Not sure if a winger is a priority.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
A team that is deep in young talent but may need a veteran D if they are going for a Cup as the GM stated, is Chicago. Jokiharju, Boqvist and Beaudin. Not sure if a winger is a priority.
If we trade, we need to target LHD’s, preferably on entry level deals or D+1

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Wow Mantha and the wings are struggling bad; 1g 2a -12 for him.

Not sure he would fit with Clode either.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Everytime I watch Mantha play I see a young version of second half of his career Latendresse, which doesn't fill me with a ton of excitement. I'll be the first one to admit I don't see him play more than a couple times a year though so I don't necessarily get the complete picture, to be fair to the young man. Still, I don't see him as a big difference maker. Put me in the ''meh'' category I guess.

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad