Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I agree. They gave two potentially excellent second-rounders to Chicago for him. Two guys that would play as regular and contribute this season, even last season. Better keep Eller to center 3rd line than trading for Shaw.
Not even talking about the trade, won't even get into that. His contract was horrible right from the start.

Reactions: Andrei79

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yes, that are getting paid wayyyyyy too much.

PROJECTED CAP HIT
q.svg
: $73,362,975

PROJECTED LTIR USED
q.svg
: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $6,137,025

Sleep tight little one. It's not your money.

Reactions: Kwikwi

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
PROJECTED CAP HIT
q.svg
: $73,362,975

PROJECTED LTIR USED
q.svg
: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $6,137,025

Sleep tight little one. It's not your money.
Wtf does this even mean? I have already said that this is terrible regardless of our situation. We lost players like Radulov and Markov because of their contract demands but we just hand out 10.775 million and spend it on players who don't help us win games...

Reactions: Andrei79

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Wtf does this even mean? I have already said that this is terrible regardless of our situation. We lost players like Radulov and Markov because of their contract demands but we just hand out 10.775 million and spend it on players who don't help us win games...

I get it, we have a terrible GM. It is what it is. Losing sleep over 4th liners isn't the way to go. They didn't lose Radulov and Markov becasue they spent 3.9M on Shaw, they lost them because bonehead played hard ball with key players and lost.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I agree. They gave two potentially excellent second-rounders to Chicago for him. Two guys that would play as regular and contribute this season, even last season. Better keep Eller to center 3rd line than trading for Shaw.
Hindsight is 20/20.

The goal was to make Danault the 3rs line center and it was a great decision because he has higher offensive potential than Eller ever had, not to mention anyone could of predicted how many injuries Shaw would of been with. I do agree though that it was pass ridiculous to give an extra 2nd round pick for that 3rd liner, even if he is a good one at full health.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Habs really, REALLY need to find and invest in a puck-moving left handed defensemen to build around. I Like Mete and Ouellet, but I don't think they're exactly the Duncan Keith style n.1 defensemen this team needs.

For a young can't miss LH #2D I'd be willing to trade one of Max Domi or Artturi Lehkonen plus one of Phil Danault or Ryan Poehling

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For a young can't miss LH #2D I'd be willing to trade one of Max Domi or Artturi Lehkonen plus one of Phil Danault or Ryan Poehling

I'm sure teams are salivating at the thought of acquiring players who struggle to net 20 goals for their young top pairing defensemen.

Poehling would be the valuable piece there.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm sure teams are salivating at the thought of acquiring players who struggle to net 20 goals for their young top pairing defensemen.

Poehling would be the valuable piece there.

OK with Poehling and either Domi or Lehkonen for a top pairing D under 24.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Under MBs watch, Weber is going nowhere. If Mete and Juulsen take further steps then you have them, the Mountain and Petry to protect. Four guys and can protect 3.

To me, the logical step would be to he open to trading Petry at the TDL. The ask would be a young D prospect with top pairing potential, and a good pick or two.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs really, REALLY need to find and invest in a puck-moving left handed defensemen to build around. I Like Mete and Ouellet, but I don't think they're exactly the Duncan Keith style n.1 defensemen this team needs.

God I miss Andrei Markov's vision on the back end

Markov was a huge lost and last season showed it!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Under MBs watch, Weber is going nowhere. If Mete and Juulsen take further steps then you have them, the Mountain and Petry to protect. Four guys and can protect 3.

To me, the logical step would be to he open to trading Petry at the TDL. The ask would be a young D prospect with top pairing potential, and a good pick or two.

Agreed. Smart move would be to entertain Petry at the 2019 trade deadline for sure.... If Weber comes back healthy. If Petry has a similar year like last year, the return should be very good. He is an above average top 4D IMO. These assets don't come cheap.. especially with his 3 years of term. Great value on the trade market

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Overspending and keeping Radulov and Markov means wallowing in mediocrity and drafting Liam Foudy or Jim O’Brien instead of Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad