Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
he has a NMC, so he has to be protected unless he agrees to waive his NMC.

Well it's 84M and the buyout can't happen until next summer, so the number would be either 69M if in June or 56M if after his July signing bonus is paid. He has a very strange contract, it's front loaded and the first 4 years are mostly paid by signing bonus so his salary is actually very low. Kind of like the ROR trade where the blues were on the hook for his 7M bonus.

Price should have already been paid this years bonus of 13M, next year is another 13M bonus due on July 1st I believe. He's got 8.75M bonus the next year and 11M the following so after that which would be before the start of the '21-'22 season, he'll be owed 33.25M over the final 5 years in actual salary.

Seattle would be a great option to move Price to. I think he'd consider it a good landing spot, being so close to his BC home.

You'd offer to not protect Price for a list of goodies, and keep a little salary back for good measure. You know ownership in Seattle will try to emulate Vegas.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
this has MB bargain Bin special written all over it.....a free centerman, what more could MB ask for?.....MB will think its christmas......i will LOL so hard if MB goes for this

You mean like he went for Byron, Deslauriers, Radulov on a 1-year deal, Armia, Peca, etc...

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle would be a great option to move Price to. I think he'd consider it a good landing spot, being so close to his BC home.

You'd offer to not protect Price for a list of goodies, and keep a little salary back for good measure. You know ownership in Seattle will try to emulate Vegas.
Price played his junior hockey in washington state with Tri City and his wife's entire family is from Washington state.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Lets see how Price is trending WHEN the expansion draft comes and IF he is interested in waiving his NMC to go to an expansion team.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Lets see how Price is trending WHEN the expansion draft comes and IF he is interested in waiving his NMC to go to an expansion team.

That's pretty obvious. I will go out on a limb and say that if Bergevin is still GM, we likely will still be a bottom feeder, and Price will be happy to move on.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's pretty obvious. I will go out on a limb and say that if Bergevin is still GM, we likely will still be a bottom feeder, and Price will be happy to move on.

So you think because Bergevin is the GM, the young players don't show promise? Or do you think he sticks his hands in the cookie jar and makes more bad player for player trades? I don't think Price is looking into it this way. I think it comes down to the expectations Price puts on himself and how he measures his ability to reach his goals with our team. He is a very patient goalie but I think that runs thin as early as this year.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So you think because Bergevin is the GM, the young players don't show promise? Or do you think he sticks his hands in the cookie jar and makes more bad player for player trades? I don't think Price is looking into it this way. I think it comes down to the expectations Price puts on himself and how he measures his ability to reach his goals with our team. He is a very patient goalie but I think that runs thin as early as this year.

Where did I say it even imply that? I do not believe Bergevin can build a perennial winner. This team is totally his now, save Price and Gallagher.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where did I say it even imply that? I do not believe Bergevin can build a perennial winner. This team is totally his now, save Price and Gallagher.

You don't build cup contenders through free agency and trades. You build through the draft and we have been doing that. Like him or not, we have a top 5 prospect pool in the NHL and likely more top 10 picks to come.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You don't build cup contenders through free agency and trades. You build through the draft and we have been doing that. Like him or not, we have a top 5 prospect pool in the NHL and likely more top 10 picks to come.

Who wouldn't appreciate a good bunch of prospects? Let's just not forget what prospects are - potential, nothing else.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who wouldn't appreciate a good bunch of prospects? Let's just not forget what prospects are - potential, nothing else.

Well, you said if Bergevin was still GM in a few years, you think we will never be a potential cup contender. Why? Cause the prospects will never pan out and it's Bergevin's fault for trusting Timmins with those picks? I'm sorry but not understanding how we will never win with Bergevin cause our prospects are just potential, nothing else?

What would you rather our GM do, build a winning through free agency and trades or through the draft?

Last edited:

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Well, you said if Bergevin was still GM in a few years, you think we will never be a potential cup contender. Why? Cause the prospects will never pan out and it's Bergevin's fault for trusting Timmins with those picks? I'm sorry but not understanding how we will never win with Bergevin cause our prospects are just potential, nothing else?

What would you rather our GM do, build a winning through free agency and trades or through the draft?

Where are you getting this stuff? Teams are built through the draft, trades and free agency. They're all important. I have no confidence in Bergevin, and no one should need to have it spelled out why. It's as clear as day.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The Nucks went all truculent in the UFA market, what about Shaw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad