Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pekka Rinne WON THE VEZINA last year.

Price had the 40th best save percentage out of like 45 goalies who played over 20 games.

Yes. Price is the underdog in this comparison.

Broken record... Swap Rinne and Price and Price wins the Vezina in front of the Preds D and Rinne looks like an average goalie on the Habs. What about Rinne's most recent playoff performance? Why do you remember Price's latest trends but not Rinne who is 6 years older? Rinne was very disappointing in the playoffs for the Preds last year. Lets not forget about that.

Stop pretending that others are ridiculous where your reasoning don't add up to much. I'm waiting for you to debate in good faith and tell me something that makes sense. If you do, I'll acknowledge it.

Honest question... Lets forget about cap hit and trade return for a second. Answer this honestly. Do you or do you not think that Price helps the Preds get closer to a cup in the next 5 years?

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
1) Rinne should be expected to play better than Price this year. Enough said.
2) Prices contract looks like a huge albatross which negates a lot of his value. Enough said.
3) Pacioretty was/is more valuable than Price. Enough said.

Your trade proposal is ludicrous.

Tolvanen + Rinne + 1st + 1st + 2nd

FOR PRICE.

IS LUDICROUS.
lol this x100000000

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not devaluating at all, that was literally the worst trade offer ever. give your head a shake, we wouldnt get a 1st right now for price.

Not even getting a 1st? Give your head a shake. At least come up with better reasons to support your "worse trade offer ever"

lol this x100000000

Great reasons you have there. "Rinne should be expected to play better than Price this year". Some solid logic right here folks lol

Not devaluating at all, that was literally the worst trade offer ever. give your head a shake, we wouldnt get a 1st right now for price.

Not devaluing at all eh? I don't recall one single non-Habs fans backing Patch's value all summer. Sorry, Price's value is being devalued. Some reasons are valid but most are BS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curtoph

Jan 22, 2018
Maybe you should give up on that whole trade proposal TooLegitToQuit, it didn't go so well on the main boards either...

Reactions: vokiel

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Not devaluing at all eh? I don't recall one single non-Habs fans backing Patch's value all summer. Sorry, Price's value is being devalued. Some reasons are valid but most are BS.
Go post that offer on the main board and see what people say LMAO

edit: you already did LOL well there ya go

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No one knows what Price's trade value is, and until he agrees to waive his NMC and MB gets fired since I doubt he would ever trade his one true hope of getting back to the playoffs, it's a moot point. Do I think he has much value, at this time no, not many teams can take on an 84M contract, now if he stays healthy all year and plays well, maybe in a year when he's had 26M paid out dropping him to 58M over 7 years it's should up his value a decent amount imo. Price's contract is front loaded, so the last 5 years he's owed just over 33M if you trade him after his 11M signing bonus as I believe it's to be paid in July but not 100%.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
the only way price is traded if he asks our OR he crashes and burns and the whole ' he needs a change of scenery' comes up and he's either dealt - where MB eats lots of salary OR he's taken by seattle.
if he's going great, there's no reason to deal him. he's just getting into his prime as a 'tender and if habs turn this around within 2-3 years, he'll only be 33-34

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The only way to get rid of Price would be , 1- A lockout + 1 free buyout like Kaberle/gomez type

But yeah I dont see Molson paying 85m US + bonuses just to buy him back.

Price dont give a F about MTL or the team , money is flowing. Not by winning Gold medals with a stacked team and 1 lucky NHL year that will make him easy to trade.

Price contract is god garbage

Reactions: mariolemieux66

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
thOR he's taken by seattle.

he has a NMC, so he has to be protected unless he agrees to waive his NMC.

But yeah I dont see Molson paying 85m US + bonuses just to buy him back.

Well it's 84M and the buyout can't happen until next summer, so the number would be either 69M if in June or 56M if after his July signing bonus is paid. He has a very strange contract, it's front loaded and the first 4 years are mostly paid by signing bonus so his salary is actually very low. Kind of like the ROR trade where the blues were on the hook for his 7M bonus.

Price should have already been paid this years bonus of 13M, next year is another 13M bonus due on July 1st I believe. He's got 8.75M bonus the next year and 11M the following so after that which would be before the start of the '21-'22 season, he'll be owed 33.25M over the final 5 years in actual salary.

Reactions: groovejuice

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Broken record... Swap Rinne and Price and Price wins the Vezina in front of the Preds D and Rinne looks like an average goalie on the Habs. What about Rinne's most recent playoff performance? Why do you remember Price's latest trends but not Rinne who is 6 years older? Rinne was very disappointing in the playoffs for the Preds last year. Lets not forget about that.

Stop pretending that others are ridiculous where your reasoning don't add up to much. I'm waiting for you to debate in good faith and tell me something that makes sense. If you do, I'll acknowledge it.

Honest question... Lets forget about cap hit and trade return for a second. Answer this honestly. Do you or do you not think that Price helps the Preds get closer to a cup in the next 5 years?

This year they will be worse without Rinne.

Next year they'll have to get rid of players due to prices contract. So no.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Price is not worth anywhere near three 1sts let alone three 1sts +. Come on.

The goalie market is, and has historically been, pretty bad. You can't predict an increased return for Price based on Patches' return. They're not comparable.

MC94

May 13, 2018
Pekka Rinne WON THE VEZINA last year.

Price had the 40th best save percentage out of like 45 goalies who played over 20 games.

Yes. Price is the underdog in this comparison.
Serious question though if price was traded for rinne for this upcoming season who do you honestly think would perform better? Price would have an actual defense in front of him and rene would have alzer in his top 4 if price stays healthy there is absolutley no chance hes not considered a vesina candidate in that situation

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Or what? We won't win the cup this year?
I know but our prospect pool on defense is already shallow and you want to trade our best one for a winger? Were loaded with small skilled wingers. We don't need more. Value is fine but it's not what we need.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I know but our prospect pool on defense is already shallow and you want to trade our best one for a winger? Were loaded with small skilled wingers. We don't need more.

On the one hand I hear you. But, for example, if you could get a Paul Kariya or a Patrick Kane or a Mitch Marner you do it anyways. The question, imo, isn't do we have a bigger need at wing or d, it's how good is this little guy? Will he be elite or good enough to push to the sides considerations of the CURRENT state of our prospect pool.

The other factor for me is Timmins' track record of consistently finding excellent dmen - he's done it with lottery 1sts, late 1sts, and picks outside the 1st round.

popo123

Jul 23, 2016
How about a trade around Scherbak for Jake Virtanen? Habs would need to add a bit I think. Both players needing a change of scenary.

Reactions: Fazkovsky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->