Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So having Weber at a high level for the next 3 to 5 years helps us win a cup in any year more than having Nylander for the next 13 to 15 years?

Weber is a more impactful player for the Habs than Nylander. Weber is a more useful player for the Habs than Nylander. Weber is more integral to the Habs than Nylander. Weber is more important for Habs being competitive than Nylander is.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Weber is a more impactful player for the Habs than Nylander. Weber is a more useful player for the Habs than Nylander. Weber is more integral to the Habs than Nylander. Weber is more important for Habs being competitive than Nylander is.

Yes, but Nylander likely has more good years left in him.

A trade isn't necessarily simply about what's good for the 2019 campaign, during which Nylander will likely play more games anyway.

Reactions: Andrei79

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yes, but Nylander likely has more good years left in him.

A trade isn't necessarily simply about what's good for the 2019 campaign, during which Nylander will likely play more games anyway.

That’s true of just about any younger player but doesn’t make us a better team now or later. That’s the point of a trade isn’t it. Make your team better than before by trying to fill a hole or switch for what you hope will be a better player. Nylander does nothing but add to the glut of wingers we already have in the lineup and on the farm.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That’s true of just about any younger player but doesn’t make us a better team now or later. That’s the point of a trade isn’t it. Make your team better than before by trying to fill a hole or switch for what you hope will be a better player. Nylander does nothing but add to the glut of wingers we already have in the lineup and on the farm.

The point for the Habs would be to become a better team late, as the present matters little.

Trading Weber for Nylander is likely to be a winning proposition for the period 2020-2024, during which the Habs have a good shot of competing.

Nylander doesn't add to the glut of wingers, as he would be the first or second best of the existing wingers.

That said, there may be a better package available for Weber.

CamaBoom

Dec 11, 2016
What do you guys think about Juolevi? Is there any chance of a trade around Scherbak?

I have no idea how to value Juolevi, saw few games last year. But from what I have read from half of the Canucks fans think he is a bust and the other half still think he might still rebound and be a decent guy.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If we are trading Scherbak, I would look at trying a package deal with another forward. See if the Ducks would be interested as I assume they are trying to make the playoffs but by losing Perry they might want some forward help to try for a LD prospect.
Peterson would be solid

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Coburn, Koekoek, and G. Olofsson are all reportedly trying to be moved before rosters are final. Any of these preferable over our other bottom pairing defense?

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
What do you guys think about Juolevi? Is there any chance of a trade around Scherbak?

I have no idea how to value Juolevi, saw few games last year. But from what I have read from half of the Canucks fans think he is a bust and the other half still think he might still rebound and be a decent guy.
I would gamble with him. He obviously has the potential just not the right mind to play. maybe playing with a bunch of Fins helps him.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Of course we would do it but I really don’t think that the Canucks are ready to give up on Juolevi yet.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Coburn, Koekoek, and G. Olofsson are all reportedly trying to be moved before rosters are final. Any of these preferable over our other bottom pairing defense?

Meh, I'd rather give one of the Czechs a shot instead of picking through another team's leftovers. Koekoek is maybe an exception but he would probably cost a decent pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Holy f***. I just realized that Alzner/Shaw/Plekanec have a combined cap hit of 10.775 million. That is insanity. None of those players should be on this team let alone a good team.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Team is crap so it doesn't matter.
I mean it could have really mattered if you wanted to bring back a player like Radulov. I would rather have spent all that money on one good player instead of 3 players that should be in the press box. Even if it doesn't matter and we are trying to lose, that is just awful cap management.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I mean it could have really mattered if you wanted to bring back a player like Radulov. I would rather have spent all that money on one good player instead of 3 players that should be in the press box. Even if it doesn't matter and we are trying to lose, that is just awful cap management.

Alzner was a horrible signing, 100% The Shaw one, at the time; the team was competitive and he is a playoff player. The problem is, he's been injured nonstop. You can't really predict that, so I'll give him a pass.

As for Plekanec, I dont' get the hate. The guy has 998 career games and almost all of them were with Montreal. He's been a loyal, team guy and the team is shit. Why do people care if he got re-signed for a year? Plekanec deserves to hit 1000 with the Habs, plus he could get the team another pick at the deadline.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Alzner was a horrible signing, 100% The Shaw one, at the time; the team was competitive and he is a playoff player. The problem is, he's been injured nonstop. You can't really predict that, so I'll give him a pass.

As for Plekanec, I dont' get the hate. The guy has 998 career games and almost all of them were with Montreal. He's been a loyal, team guy and the team is ****. Why do people care if he got re-signed for a year? Plekanec deserves to hit 1000 with the Habs, plus he could get the team another pick at the deadline.
No the Shaw one was bad from the get go. No reason for him to get that much term. I don't hate Plekanec, but he does nothing for us right now. I'd rather have DLR.

Jul 6, 2016
No the Shaw one was bad from the get go. No reason for him to get that much term. I don't hate Plekanec, but he does nothing for us right now. I'd rather have DLR.

I agree. They gave two potentially excellent second-rounders to Chicago for him. Two guys that would play as regular and contribute this season, even last season. Better keep Eller to center 3rd line than trading for Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad