Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
What lottery team is going to want to trade that pick for a player in his mid-30's? Only teams that are looking to make a Cup run would be interested in a player like that and they haven't got lottery picks to offer in trade.
All right another idea for a lottery pick and I'm just thinking out of the box. We haven't signed Poehling yet, bundle him, I think it's worth it.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Price + Shaw + Petry for Crawford + Seabrook + Kruger + Debrincat + Anisimov

and this makes us better how???

Only thing worth anything there is Debrincat and he doesnt make up for the difference between Price and Crawford.

Price > Crawford
Petry > Anisimov
Shaw= Seabrook-Kruger

We dont need another 2-3C. Or wingers for that matter. We need better defenceman, and have extra wingers in exchange.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
To answer your question: I thought it was obvious but, you mentioned small forwards and Marner is a small forward who had quite the impact on last night's game. We can definitely still use wingers that can have a big impact on games, even if they're small.

I never said that. Sounds like you're arguing with yourself at this point

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I never said that. Sounds like you're arguing with yourself at this point

So trade our best best Dman, anchor of our entire back end for another undersized, scoring winger?? You're right, I wouldn't trade them straight up.

If I'm trading Weber, it's for a blue-chip D or center prospect/player. We don't need more wingers which is what Nylander is. It's the position he's been playing in the NHL so don't tell me he's a center, because he's as much a center as Drouin or Domi are.

Yep, ya did.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
and this makes us better how???

Only thing worth anything there is Debrincat and he doesnt make up for the difference between Price and Crawford.

Price > Crawford
Petry > Anisimov
Shaw= Seabrook-Kruger

We dont need another 2-3C. Or wingers for that matter. We need better defenceman, and have extra wingers in exchange.

I could see Debrincat coming back down to earth.

Also I never valued goalies very high, but that's one of my flaws. I always saw goalies as easily replaceable and interchangeable. There is always a hot hand goalie who is readily available via trade or simply bringing up. So in that sense, to me, I'd trade price straight up for Debrincat today. I'd trade price for not much to be honest. Then I'd play Niemi, and If niemi wasn't working out, I'd go Bring up Lindgren, and if that didn't work out I don't care I'd trade picks for Halak.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Are the Leafs allowed to trade Kessel's salary retention? If so, What about Domi for Nylander and Kessel's $1.2M salary retention for 4 years? I doubt they bite but thoughts on it?

They would not bite on it. Not even close TBH.

Subtract Juulsen. I know...Dubas would need to be more high. But Juulsen to me is off the table. I'm willing to give them cap relieve and Domi for Nylander. That would be the only deal I would do. The 2nd and Juulsen are pieces that we could very well regret trading.

It's still a ludicrous offer.

To MTL: William Nylander
To TOR: Shea Weber + Victor Mete or Noah Juulsen

Click.

Would you trade Gallagher for Nylander?

Who cares if the Leafs wouldn't?

Would you do it? Looking across the league and who I think Price would waive his NMC for, I see the Preds as the best fit.... if we were to move Price. Subtracting Rinne ($7M) and adding Price ($9.5M) only takes away $2.5m from their current $9.6M cap space. Only major contract they need to negotiate with in several years is Josi (2 more years). Their core is set to be a cup contender for years. Do they have confidence that Saros is a #1 goalie and can they can win a cup with him?

Habs trade:
Price ($1M retained)

Preds trade:
- Rinne
- Tolvanen
- 2019 1st
- 2022 1st
- 2020 2nd

WHAAAA?

You think Price is getting a 1st + 1st + 1st + 2nd + replacement?

Not trading Price for cheap. He is a game changer in net for a cup contender. If Rinne was 31 and signed for years, I would of not made the offer. A top prospect, two 1st round picks, and a 2nd is a steep price to pay no doubt about that. But we are talking about 25+ 1st round picks and a late 2nd.

You guys can troll away all you want. Price is worth way more than people think. Think about what Patch is worth and got and then think about how much more in value Price is over him. I started high and for good reason

Patches was worth more than Price is now.

Price needs to play like the best goalie in the world for a while.

Or no team will want to take on the worlds most expensive goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I take it your a Leafs fan saying this is not enough for Nylander.

Interesting because Habs fans are saying this is too much.

I know - it's strange.

It's like they think Weber at 33 and 8 million x 8 (after a career threatening injury & probably gone for the season) is worth Nylander.....

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I know - it's strange.

It's like they think Weber at 33 and 8 million x 8 (after a career threatening injury & probably gone for the season) is worth Nylander.....

Some on here wouldn't trade Weber for Nylander straight up. I think they're nuts.

But honestly Mete and Juulsen are going to be really solid defenders - really good top 4 dmen, and perhaps top pairing. Nylander has more name recognition, but these two are really good young players. It would actually be a lot for us to give up one of them and might not make much sense from a positional need perspective. And, in the end, one of them might be just as valuable at their position as Nylander is at his.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No actually you said we don't need another undersized winger. Nice try though.

WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE UNDERSIZED WINGERS IN RESPONSE TO YOUR TRADE PROPOSAL FOR NYLANDER.

WEBER FOR MARNER IS NOT AN OPTION. WHY NOT WEBER FOR LAINE OR KANE OR OVI OR KUCHEROV? BECAUSE THAT'S NOT WHAT YOUR PROPOSAL WAS SO WHY ARE YOU ARGUING FOR MARNER NOW?

YOU'RE SIMPLY CONFLATING THE TWO BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T COME BACK WITH ANY REASONABLE RESPONSE TO MY REPLY ON HOW DUMB A TRADE IDEA IT IS SO YOU NEED TO MOVE THE GOAL POSTS TO SOUND LESS DUMB AND IT'S NOT WORKING.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE UNDERSIZED WINGERS IN RESPONSE TO YOUR TRADE PROPOSAL FOR NYLANDER.

WEBER FOR MARNER IS NOT AN OPTION. WHY NOT WEBER FOR LAINE OR KANE OR OVI OR KUCHEROV? BECAUSE THAT'S NOT WHAT YOUR PROPOSAL WAS SO WHY ARE YOU ARGUING FOR MARNER NOW?

YOU'RE SIMPLY CONFLATING THE TWO BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T COME BACK WITH ANY REASONABLE RESPONSE TO MY REPLY ON HOW DUMB A TRADE IDEA IT IS SO YOU NEED TO MOVE THE GOAL POSTS TO SOUND LESS DUMB AND IT'S NOT WORKING.
You say we don't need undersized wingers. I brought up Marner to get you to think about that statement: would Marner, an undersized forward who's been playing wing, make us a better team? I think clearly yes.

So the issue isn't can an undersized winger make us a better team, it's can Nylander make us a better team. I think yes. If you don't think he's good enough to make us a better team, you're entitled to your opinion.

As far as the center position is going forward, I'm actually more comfortable with:

Kotkaniemi
Suzuki/Poeholing/Olofsen
Danault
DLR/Peca

than with our high end winger depth: Drouin, Gallagher

our secondary winger depth is good: Domi, Lehkonen, Hudon, Scherbak, Armia (plus Ylonen, Ikonen, etc...)

Our defense is also an area of weakness but Timmins draft dmen so well, I'd make a sacrifice to try to land an elite offensive player.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Some on here wouldn't trade Weber for Nylander straight up. I think they're nuts.

But honestly Mete and Juulsen are going to be really solid defenders - really good top 4 dmen, and perhaps top pairing. Nylander has more name recognition, but these two are really good young players. It would actually be a lot for us to give up one of them and might not make much sense from a positional need perspective. And, in the end, one of them might be just as valuable at their position as Nylander is at his.

Might is the key word there.

Neither has proven anything.

Dermott looks just as good or better than both of them....and he still hasn't proven anything.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
WHAAAA?

You think Price is getting a 1st + 1st + 1st + 2nd + replacement?

Compare it to the Patch trade. Who is worth more to you? Patch or Price?

- Suzuki vs Tolavanen
- Tatar vs Rinne
- 2nd (BJ) vs 2nd (Preds)

The major difference is two late 1st round picks (25+ range). I realized I started high but what do you want me to do? Start low? Were not talking about top 10 1st round picks here. There is a good chance both picks bust or they just become average NHL players. The only major asset we get is really Tolavanen. Rest are gambles and Rinne is 36 in Nov. For all I care, the Preds can keep him and flip him to another team.

Price > Patch so he should return more. After salary retention, Price's value is very good. Age 31-38 is not ideal but not terrible. I'm not going to give the Preds a cup like we did with Roy and the Avs for cheap. I'll keep Price if we can't get the return we want.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Might is the key word there.

Neither has proven anything.

Dermott looks just as good or better than both of them....and he still hasn't proven anything.

Yeah when you look to acquire a young player you have to have done your scouting homework and know what you're doing.

Nylander getting 60 points playing with Austin Matthews isn't proof of what he'll do without him.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Compare it to the Patch trade. Who is worth more to you? Patch or Price?

- Suzuki vs Tolavanen
- Tatar vs Rinne
- 2nd (BJ) vs 2nd (Preds)

The major difference is two late 1st round picks (25+ range). I realized I started high but what do you want me to do? Start low? Were not talking about top 10 1st round picks here. There is a good chance both picks bust or they just become average NHL players. The only major asset we get is really Tolavanen. Rest are gambles and Rinne is 36 in Nov. For all I care, the Preds can keep him and flip him to another team.

Price > Patch so he should return more. After salary retention, Price's value is very good. Age 31-38 is not ideal but not terrible. I'm not going to give the Preds a cup like we did with Roy and the Avs for cheap. I'll keep Price if we can't get the return we want.

1) Rinne should be expected to play better than Price this year. Enough said.
2) Prices contract looks like a huge albatross which negates a lot of his value. Enough said.
3) Pacioretty was/is more valuable than Price. Enough said.

Your trade proposal is ludicrous.

Tolvanen + Rinne + 1st + 1st + 2nd

FOR PRICE.

IS LUDICROUS.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) Rinne should be expected to play better than Price this year. Enough said.
2) Prices contract looks like a huge albatross which negates a lot of his value. Enough said.
3) Pacioretty was/is more valuable than Price. Enough said.

Your trade proposal is ludicrous.

Tolvanen + Rinne + 1st + 1st + 2nd

FOR PRICE.

IS LUDICROUS.

Not ludicrous, just a high starting point in negotiations.

1) Rinne should be expected to play better than Price this year? Enough said? This is the evidence to support your ludicrous opinion?

2) Price from 31-38 > Rinne from 36+. Not sure how you think this is ludicrous. You don't have to like it but Price is pretty much 6 years younger vs Rinne and the better proven goalie. But wait, Price had a bad season on a bad team and he sucks now. Once salary retention is factored in, his contract is not terrible. It's manageable

3) Patch is only way more valuable than Price now that he has been traded. A few months ago, you would of called our return demands ludicrous.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Yeah when you look to acquire a young player you have to have done your scouting homework and know what you're doing.

Nylander getting 60 points playing with Austin Matthews isn't proof of what he'll do without him.

But he has gotten 61 points in his rookie & sophomore years right?

What have have Mete / Juulson done?

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Not ludicrous, just a high starting point in negotiations.

Rinne should be expected to play better than Price this year? Enough said? This is the evidence to support your ludicrous opinion?

Pekka Rinne WON THE VEZINA last year.

Price had the 40th best save percentage out of like 45 goalies who played over 20 games.

Yes. Price is the underdog in this comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->