Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Habs need talent, period.
Seeing what's going on in Minnesota, I wonder if Ryan Suter would be amenable to a move. His contract is huge, but can easily be traded for pennies on the dollar after 2022. Also he's in the same boat as Weber in that Minnesota would be on the hook for recapture if he retires early. Not sure what it would take but I'd guess Brook, Juulsen, Fleury or Romanov would have to go the other way.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Seeing what's going on in Minnesota, I wonder if Ryan Suter would be amenable to a move. His contract is huge, but can easily be traded for pennies on the dollar after 2022. Also he's in the same boat as Weber in that Minnesota would be on the hook for recapture if he retires early. Not sure what it would take but I'd guess Brook, Juulsen, Fleury or Romanov would have to go the other way.
That’s an interesting idea, however I’d rather keep Romanov or Brook but the others I’m open to moving on from.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
To sign Laine for what he wants, may not be that easy
I hear Laine has wrong CHaracter... he kinda does seem like a more talented Pacioretty... which I guess is not terrible, however, I imagine he would want 11-12M and we already have Carey Price making that.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

RFA means he doesn’t have the leverage right now. That’s why these are always so fun. I mean if he tells them he wants out they may be compelled to oblige. We’ll see how it plays out. I hope we get him but Winnipeg isn’t in that much of a bind that they have to get rid of him for nothing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Would Laine’s asking salary not also impact what the Jets can get for him? After his last season, how many teams would be willing to commit to what he’s asking?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Think MB is content with what he has plus a few intangibles possibly.

A prime asset added at first pairing would bring all other LDs down a notch and give that left side greater balance. Who knows what he’s thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad